• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jose Bautista just got punched in the face by Odor

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That'd be amusing. They have identical records at the end of the season and qualify for the 2nd wild card, but Texas would be out based on the season series.

Still have a tie breaker game, but Toronto would host.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to end a player's career with a dirty slide is a bitch move anytime and I have no respect for anyone who is a proponent of that.

Have you ever played baseball? That slide was like a 3 on the "asshole trying to hurt someone" scale. If Bautista wanted to snap his leg or spike the shit out of him, he easily could have. This sort of thing has been going on for a century. If a guy gets hit and he thinks its intentional, middle infielders are put on notice.

Don't suddenly turn insta-bitch because it happened to your guy.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still have a tie breaker game, but Toronto would host.

You could be right.

I remember back a few years the Red Sox and Yankees tied and qualified for the division and the wild card. There was no tie breaker - they settled that based on the season series.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you ever played baseball? That slide was like a 3 on the "asshole trying to hurt someone" scale. If Bautista wanted to snap his leg or spike the shit out of him, he easily could have. This sort of thing has been going on for a century. If a guy gets hit and he thinks its intentional, middle infielders are put on notice.

Don't suddenly turn insta-bitch because it happened to your guy.

Honestly, I'm a little surprised by romeo's reaction. Based on my admittedly infrequent interactions with him, he's seemed knowledgeable about baseball and pretty cool, so I don't know what's up. Definitely coming across as a thin-skinned homer here.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That jeremiah johnson look beard trend needs to end.....Ugghh

It's one thing for NHL or NFL players to sport those ( I get it)...but imho... for MLB & NBA players, it just makes them look ridiculous.

I don't even get it for NFL. NHL, fine - they're all poutine-eating lumberjacks or unwashed refugees from Europe or Eastern Bloc countries. But it's just horrible in MLB.

Also, if I had my way, I'd get rid of all the tattoos in MLB with a belt sander.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I'm a little surprised by romeo's reaction. Based on my admittedly infrequent interactions with him, he's seemed knowledgeable about baseball and pretty cool, so I don't know what's up. Definitely coming across as a thin-skinned homer here.

I have had limited interaction with him but in those interactions, he seems knowledgable. I just think it's "his guy" so he will defend to the death. Like I said in my original post on this thread, I have no dog in the fight so I'm looking at this objectively whereas its obvious by his response, he kinda can't.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even get it for NFL. NHL, fine - they're all poutine-eating lumberjacks or unwashed refugees from Europe or Eastern Bloc countries. But it's just horrible in MLB.

Also, if I had my way, I'd get rid of all the tattoos in MLB with a belt sander.

You'd make a fortune doing that in the NBA & NFL.....(especially the former)
:lol:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Jeremiah Johnson/Grizzly Adams look and beard trend needs to end.....Ugghh

It's one thing for NHL or NFL players to sport those ( I get it)...but imho, for MLB & NBA players, it just makes them look ridiculous.

I totally agree.

I'd love to be the manager with self-centered assholes like Mike Napoli and walk up and say "shave that shit before tonight's game or don't put on a uniform. You're just trying to draw attention to yourself and it's becoming a distraction."

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have respected them more for just going after him and trying to strike him out but isn't it a little silly to pretend like the Rangers were scared of him? I see the "last AB of the season" thing as mere coincidence.

I thought it was a pure bitch move a couple of years ago when the Giants started NO-HITTING Padres because someone (I think it was Grandal) clapped and {gasp} pumped his fist while rounding the bases. Especially considering that the Giants have a bitch reputation for excessive celebrations.

:fify:

You are welcome.

As far as getting hit in his last AB, you REALLY think that was a coincidence? There were, what, 20-something ABs they could have tagged him with, but they waited until getaway day to pop him? You can't be THIS gullible!

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could be right.

I remember back a few years the Red Sox and Yankees tied and qualified for the division and the wild card. There was no tie breaker - they settled that based on the season series.

I think if both teams are in the playoffs then they go by series, but if its a situation where one of the teams will be left out there will be a playoff game.

I could be way off on that tho.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Some are calling for Odor to get 10 games? :eek:

No way, man. So he lands a beautiful punch defending himself and should get 10 games but if he misses he gets nothing.

Naaaw!

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if both teams are in the playoffs then they go by series, but if its a situation where one of the teams will be left out there will be a playoff game.

I could be way off on that tho.

No, I think you're right.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:fify:

You are welcome.

As far as getting hit in his last AB, you REALLY think that was a coincidence? There were, what, 20-something ABs they could have tagged him with, but they waited until getaway day to pop him? You can't be THIS gullible!

No, I think it was intentional but if you're Banister, you say what he said.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Some are calling for Odor to get 10 games? :eek:

No way, man. So he lands a beautiful punch defending himself and should get 10 games but if he misses he gets nothing.

Naaaw!

I'm hoping for ten games just to see romeo flip his fucking wig.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll get 10... then he appeals it and gets it reduced to 7-8.

Bautista will probably get 3...appeal it and have it dropped to 1 or 2.

Bush gets susp. 1 game and will lose his visiting day privileges and jello desserts for 1 week....
Chavez gets 1 game.

Plus of course the obligatory fine$...

Not sure about the others involved.

Last edited:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping for ten games just to see romeo flip his fucking wig.

I hope he's balls-deep in a quart of scotch when the ruling comes down and we have an old-fashioned SportsHoopla meltdown. :pound:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at the moral high ground Rangers fans are trying to take.

"If you ever have a dirty slide, I have no respect for you and you should be punched."

Just in case Rangers fans hadn't noticed, every team has had a player that made a dirty slide at some point in their team's franchises. You guys are acting like he punched a baby, or did something so incredibly awful that no else has or could do the same thing