• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jose Bautista just got punched in the face by Odor

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not trying to end his career but it was dirty. That said, he doesn't have an extended history of dirty slides. Bautista does.

You're right. Odor doesn't have a history of dirty play. Pay no attention to that video of him sliding dirty as fuck, spikes up.

Homersayswhat?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hit Bautista in self defense. Bautista was winding up for a haymaker.

You know that I agree with you on this.

As much as they are, there's no room for fisticuffs (LOVE that i get to use that word) in baseball.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I implied earlier in this thread, there aren't many clean actors in this ordeal. Suspend everyone involved and move on... until the Jays get Odor back in either October or 2017.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I implied earlier in this thread, there aren't many clean actors in this ordeal. Suspend everyone involved and move on... until the Jays get Odor back in either October or 2017.
I think Bautista is an idiot. Romeo going haywire is worth taking his side though.

In the spirit of that, I think 1 game for Joey, 20 games for Odor.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fav baseball team has sucked for decades now.

Time to find a new fav.

Joey Bats followed me on Twitter. I don't know why, I've never tweeted him or anything about baseball.....ever.

The Jays are my new favorite team now, and Joey Bats is my favorite player.

Heh.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was dirty. Not cool. But he doesn't have a history of it, and it was an attempt to take out his knees.

Chances are if he did it in the majors, he was probably doing it in the minors as well.

Last edited:

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about throwing intentionally at a player in his last at bat of season vs Rangers by 30 year old rookie? That is not a bitch move?
TOTAL bitch move breh!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone who doesn't have a dog in the fight, I have more of a problem with WHEN TEX retaliated then with the punch. I thought it was beyond a bitch move to throw at a guy in his last at bat of the season against TEX. If you were really that heated about the bat flip, first AB the very next time he comes up is when/where you do it. Not being a pussy and doing it when there is minimal time for TOR to retaliate back if need be.

Joey Bats SHOULD have gone up spikes up and destroyed Odor if he was that pissed about getting hit. And Odor should have expected that Joey Bats would come in hot and GTFO of the way ASAP.

As far as the fight is concerned, Odor rocked Bats' shit in a major way and I, for one, am thrilled.

I'd have respected them more for just going after him and trying to strike him out but isn't it a little silly to pretend like the Rangers were scared of him? I see the "last AB of the season" thing as mere coincidence.

I thought it was a pure bitch move a couple of years ago when the Giants started beaning Padres because someone (I think it was Grandal) clapped and {gasp} pumped his fist while rounding the bases. Especially considering that the Giants have a bitch reputation for excessive celebrations.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about throwing intentionally at a player in his last at bat of season vs Rangers by 30 year old rookie? That is not a bitch move?

Nope. Not at all. Imagine if Bautista had charged the mound and gotten his ass kicked twice in one game, this time by Matt freakin Bush. :laugh:

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They had what, 7 games to bean him and did so in the 8th inning of the last game of the season.

As the morning radio show I listen to put it, that's like hitting someone in the schoolyard and running right to your mom who's waiting to pick you up.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not really a fan of throwing at guys to make a point anyways, but why are people so sure he threw at him? Considering the situation with the game on the line that would've been dumb. That said, putting a fastball in someone's ribs isn't on the same level as hunting someone's knees. Also, if Bautista thought Bush hit him intentionally, why not got after bush? Oh yeah, because going after a guy you've got 5 inches and 30 pounds on looks like an easier target. How's that for a bitch move? Guess he was wrong on that one.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really a fan of throwing at guys to make a point anyways, but why are people so sure he threw at him? Considering the situation with the game on the line that would've been dumb. That said, putting a fastball in someone's ribs isn't on the same level as hunting someone's knees. Also, if Bautista thought Bush hit him intentionally, why not got after bush? Oh yeah, because going after a guy you've got 5 inches and 30 pounds on looks like an easier target. How's that for a bitch move? Guess he was wrong on that one.

If that was intentional, it was a really stupid time to do so.

Put the tying run on 1st, one out and the middle of the order coming up.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice Bautista starts going straight down immediately after he got punched? His knees buckled. Basically out on his feet but came-to before he fell. His brain shut off for a spit second and he absolutely was wobbled. His face was blank while Beltre had a hold of him even.

Yeah, we noticed that last night and several mentioned it.

He owes Beltre a gigantic thank you for keeping him on his feet (his legs were totally gone) and for saving him a more severe ass-kicking at the bottom of the scrum, where anything goes.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Matt Bush would have sent Bautista home on a stretcher. And he knew that.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we noticed that last night and several mentioned it.

He owes Beltre a gigantic thank you for keeping him on his feet (his legs were totally gone) and for saving him a more severe ass-kicking at the bottom of the scrum, where anything goes.

Yeah, Odor wasn't done with him. He was gonna get him again if Beltre didn't step in.