• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Johnny Manziel will be a bust!

Rams4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. He is a unique talent. He has a rocket arm and is very smart in the pocket. He has still got some work to do to learn the NFL, but he will succeed eventually.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Vikings fan, I admit I am a little biased, but I am honestly glad the Vikings wound up with Bridgewater over Manziel. Prior to the draft, I was hoping for Bortles, but Jacksonville obviously took him way before MN had a shot at him. I was relieved when they didn't blow #8 on Manziel. I don't need to see them go from trying to make Ponder the face of the franchise to a dude well known for putting being a party animal before football in Manziel. I am so far happy with Bridgewater based on his play - like not getting rattled when the pocket breaks down, steps up and still goes for a clean throw.

Manziel might turn out alright, but I have two points - 1) name for me one guy who was as big of a party animal as Manziel who turned into a top 5 QB. 2) name the latest draft day wonder QB who ever succeeded with that terrible Browns franchise.

Don Meredith
Bernie Kosar

Both you have to go to the way back machine.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgewater is a read-option with an arm like my little sister,
Manziel thinks like my little sister.....

They are both back-ups (again) in 3 years or less.....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgewater is a read-option with an arm like my little sister,
Manziel thinks like my little sister.....

They are both back-ups (again) in 3 years or less.....

You could be spot on about both players...I think JM is a 1 contract QB in CLE but might hang around for another deal with another team)...that said, you didn't watch Uof L much...mostly a dropback passing game...he won't be doing much running by design...gonna make it with his noodle or he won't.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but you still cant even admitt that the Patriots were cheaters. Just saying.

Forgot you live in a glass house and Broncos didn't cheat with salary cap violations, bandwagoneer, just saying And guess you can't read cause I have said they did many times. Pats, Denver,Pitt ( coach walking on field) NO to name a few . If you aint cheating you aint trying.

Last edited by a moderator:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoken by a true Vikings fan ,blind to reality ....
TB did no better than JM, neither could win the starting job.....6 of one, half a dozen of the other....
Both same style qb, both high risk.....
Now turn Madden off, relax and pay attention to the real game for a while....We'll see who's right in a reasonable amount of time, not before the season starts....:rollseyes:

Wow wrong on so many points.

Cassel was always going to be the starter, there wasn't even a competition to be won. While Cassel isn't anything good he's certainly more of a known commodity than Brian goddamn Hoyer.

They are no where near the same style of QB. Johnny is way more of a school yard qb scrambling to make things happen. Teddy stays in the pocket far more and looks to pass still when it is broken.

Same size lol. Teddy is AT LEAST 2 inches taller probably closer to 3. Teddy has solid size.

Now as for Pre Season? Fairly similar numbers. Manziel 30/59 296 yards and 2 TD's with Bridgewater 30/49 283 and 5 TD's.

Teddy threw more TD's in 10 fewer attempts. Same completions and a few less yards. Also take into account the only game that Teddy actually had an extended run, was the game he killed it in.

IDK how both end up panning out. Too early to tell, but I do know you are not the genius you are trying to imply.

Niner Empire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hard to tell who will be successful in the nfl. I know one thing, manziel better not think hes going to last in the nfl running around like he did in college. Bridgewater is interesting, hopefully hes starting by mid season or very soon after cassell crashes and burns like every year.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right, I forgot they got their future resting on another read option qb with TB who hasn't done anything special during pre season either......He can't even beat out Cassell...
I wonder if he has declared TB a bust too....:rollseyes:

Bridgewater is not a read-option quarterback though.

Carry on.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear the Browns are bragging because Johnny Manziel is choosing to participate in OTA's like everyone else. I agree with the OP, he is considered a bust so far. 1st Rd picks are expected to actually contribute. It's great he is getting help for his problem and actually showing up to voluntary practices but should have been doing all of this since he was drafted. You said his team players have talked about him showing up but he also had some of the veteran leaders talking about how they don't trust him right now. Hope the guy does well but I just don't expect much until finally seeing him have some success on the field.

Lets hope Johnny can become a solid player because this team is doomed if McCown is the starter.