• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Johnny Manziel will be a bust!

VikingsAD28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at how Texas A&M did this weekend with their new QB you have to wonder if it was the system he was in. He will be out of the league in 3 years.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at how Texas A&M did this weekend with their new QB you have to wonder if it was the system he was in. He will be out of the league in 3 years.

Well anything is possible, but he has the same chance as RG-3, Cam and Kap, as a read type qb.....
The kid has just been in part time in pre season, and you already declare him a bust ?
That's ridiculous !!
High draft pick qb's usually get the 3 yr development grant , give the guy a chance, will you !!:noidea:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On behalf of everyone at SportsHoopla and the NFL community,

We're glad you got that off your chest.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he would be a nice fit in Minn, they need a QB

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he would be a nice fit in Minn, they need a QB

That's right, I forgot they got their future resting on another read option qb with TB who hasn't done anything special during pre season either......He can't even beat out Cassell...
I wonder if he has declared TB a bust too....:rollseyes:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right, I forgot they got their future resting on another read option qb with TB who hasn't done anything special during pre season either......He can't even beat out Cassell...

Prob did. I can see Bridgewater , who played in that Louisville system to be out of NFL in 2 years

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Vikings fan, I admit I am a little biased, but I am honestly glad the Vikings wound up with Bridgewater over Manziel. Prior to the draft, I was hoping for Bortles, but Jacksonville obviously took him way before MN had a shot at him. I was relieved when they didn't blow #8 on Manziel. I don't need to see them go from trying to make Ponder the face of the franchise to a dude well known for putting being a party animal before football in Manziel. I am so far happy with Bridgewater based on his play - like not getting rattled when the pocket breaks down, steps up and still goes for a clean throw.

Manziel might turn out alright, but I have two points - 1) name for me one guy who was as big of a party animal as Manziel who turned into a top 5 QB. 2) name the latest draft day wonder QB who ever succeeded with that terrible Browns franchise.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is too early to tell if Johnny Football is a bust or has a bright future as an NFL QB. I prefer to wait and see.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hel of a game by that QB, but did you see USCe's D. They were playing 10-12 yards off then backing away when they caught it. I could complete passes. The worst defense I have seen in awhile. But that really doesn't prove anything about Manziel regardless, especially at the NFL level.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ha, Bridgewater did fine during preason. Didn't light it up Peyton style, but didn't stink it up either. His stats weren't bad, Cassell just didn't lose his own job. Cassell winning the job is more of a testament to his own play than Bridgewater's. The chances that they make a surprise title run this year are minimal anyway, so there is no need to rush Bridgewater.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, Bridgewater did fine during preason. Didn't light it up Peyton style, but didn't stink it up either. His stats weren't bad, Cassell just didn't lose his own job. Cassell winning the job is more of a testament to his own play than Bridgewater's. The chances that they make a surprise title run this year are minimal anyway, so there is no need to rush Bridgewater.
The Vikings best addition was at head coach.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Spoken by a true Vikings fan ,blind to reality ....
TB did no better than JM, neither could win the starting job.....6 of one, half a dozen of the other....
Both same style qb, both high risk.....
Now turn Madden off, relax and pay attention to the real game for a while....We'll see who's right in a reasonable amount of time, not before the season starts....:rollseyes:

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,418.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it was one week so you shouldnt really make much of it. if he continues to look good like he did last week you can say what you said

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Polarizing guy. So many seem to want to see him fail.

slapshot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is too early to tell if Johnny Football is a bust or has a bright future as an NFL QB. I prefer to wait and see.
You mean you want to wait until you have some facts on which to base your opinion? How strange.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll be a bust as well.

He's in a division that's known for defense - Pittsburgh, Cincy and Baltimore - and he has to play all 3 twice a year.

He doesn't have a frame that's built to take a lot of hits, and that's what he needs for his playing style.

Add to that his arrogance.

This past summer when elite QB's like Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Brees and Rogers were putting in time when they didn't have to just to get ready for the season, JM was off in Vegas or whatever just expecting that his talent will carry him at this level like it did in college.

Let's be honest, the man in front of him isn't that great a QB. If JM had put in the work that the elite QB's did, he might have won the starting job.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoken by a true Vikings fan ,blind to reality ....
TB did no better than JM, neither could win the starting job.....6 of one, half a dozen of the other....
Both same style qb, both high risk.....
Now turn Madden off, relax and pay attention to the real game for a while....We'll see who's right in a reasonable amount of time, not before the season starts....:rollseyes:

It's like you didn't even read what I said. I never predicted TB to be the next Montana now, did I? I simply explained why I preferred him over JM. I didn't even claim TB was my first choice of QB in the draft. Work on your reading comprehension skills. Also, if you really believe that TB and JM are exactly the same style of QB, then I'd say you're the one who has been playing too much Madden.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll be a bust as well.

He's in a division that's known for defense - Pittsburgh, Cincy and Baltimore - and he has to play all 3 twice a year.

He doesn't have a frame that's built to take a lot of hits, and that's what he needs for his playing style.

Add to that his arrogance.

This past summer when elite QB's like Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Brees and Rogers were putting in time when they didn't have to just to get ready for the season, JM was off in Vegas or whatever just expecting that his talent will carry him at this level like it did in college.

Let's be honest, the man in front of him isn't that great a QB. If JM had put in the work that the elite QB's did, he might have won the starting job.
Agreed. I've been saying he'll be a bust since his last year of college ball when people were making him out to be the next big thing in the NFL. Combine his immense lack of effort besides relying on his natural talent, he went to one of the worst franchises he could have possibly gone to.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like you didn't even read what I said. I never predicted TB to be the next Montana now, did I? I simply explained why I preferred him over JM. I didn't even claim TB was my first choice of QB in the draft. Work on your reading comprehension skills. Also, if you really believe that TB and JM are exactly the same style of QB, then I'd say you're the one who has been playing too much Madden.

I understood it fine, you jump in a conversation of a post that JM will be a bust by only watching him briefly in pre season, proclaiming that TB did better than him, again using only brief appearances in pre season......
What's to be taken from a bias accusation like that ????
They're both small read option qb's, that run a high risk of injury, and both have to prove themselves, and to my point was that you have to give them reasonable time to do that before you go calling them a bust.....
If you are going to challenge someone's comprehensive ability, try to come up with a feasible argument....:noidea: