• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joey Bosa...not signed, which side do you fall?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame any player for trying to make as much as they can. The average NFL career isn't that long compared to other sports. Both sides look bad in this situation. However, I'm siding with Bosa.

The Spanos family wants a new stadium. They expect the people of San Diego to pass a ballot measure to help them pay for it in November. They should have had Bosa signed a long time ago. Instead they waited. Now they have a mess on their hands. This is nothing new for Chargers fans. Bosa isn't the only 1st round pick the Chargers have taken their time getting signed. I'm tired of it. If Bosa didn't want to be a Charger he should have said so before the draft. If that's not the case, then why he turned down 85% of his signing bonus this year is a question he's going to have to answer at some point?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop talking about the money. It's not about how much money they are offering him. We can't get anywhere in this discussion until you stop bringing that up.
What else is there to talk about. We are talking about his contract and money is his contract. Im sorry but your last post was foolish. Im not bashing u because I do agree with some of the things you are saying but this was a bad post.

We are talking about 17 mill in 100% guaranteed contract that has a side kick of deferred money be paid in march. 85%(14 mill) when he signs and 15%(3 mill) in march or is it Jan now. Where is the negative about this deal. Please explain. NO MATTER WHAT HE STILL GETS 17 MILL. Discussion over.

I dont get it. U guys are making it sound like its a low ball offer and its not guaranteed. Its not like SD offered 14 mill signing bonus with 85% up front and 15% in March but that lst 155 isnt guaranteed, Then I would say thats a bad job by SD.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame any player for trying to make as much as they can. The average NFL career isn't that long compared to other sports. Both sides look bad in this situation. However, I'm siding with Bosa.

The Spanos family wants a new stadium. They expect the people of San Diego to pass a ballot measure to help them pay for it in November. They should have had Bosa signed a long time ago. Instead they waited. Now they have a mess on their hands. This is nothing new for Chargers fans. Bosa isn't the only 1st round pick the Chargers have taken their time getting signed. I'm tired of it. If Bosa didn't want to be a Charger he should have said so before the draft. If that's not the case, then why he turned down 85% of his signing bonus this year is a question he's going to have to answer at some point?
In this case its not about making more. SD has offered Max dollars. SD cant give anymore money. thats why its crazy on bosa to do what he is doing.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two way street.

Both sides can gain if the player outperforms.

Rather than just the team having an out.

It would be nice to see builtin provision for outperforming, but in this case, an underperforming situation and cut...the player still gets all of the cash...the offset only prevents the player from double dipping.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised to see so many people siding with the Chargers. I guess part of it is just that people always think the players are spoiled and make too much money.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well overall good luck to SD. Hopefully Allen has a big year(have him on my Fantasy team).

Quick Question does SD get a Comp pick if Bosa doesnt sign and re enters the Draft?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What else is there to talk about. We are talking about his contract and money is his contract. Im sorry but your last post was foolish. Im not bashing u because I do agree with some of the things you are saying but this was a bad post.

We are talking about 17 mill in 100% guaranteed contract that has a side kick of deferred money be paid in march. 85%(14 mill) when he signs and 15%(3 mill) in march or is it Jan now. Where is the negative about this deal. Please explain. NO MATTER WHAT HE STILL GETS 17 MILL. Discussion over.

I dont get it. U guys are making it sound like its a low ball offer and its not guaranteed. Its not like SD offered 14 mill signing bonus with 85% up front and 15% in March but that lst 155 isnt guaranteed, Then I would say thats a bad job by SD.
I'm going to try this one more time.

The money is irrelevant because it's slotted. There's nothing to negotiate about how much he gets paid.

Here's the sticking point: the Chargers want to defer some of the signing bonus AND put offset language in the contract. Bosa has said he's good with one or the other, but not both, because he doesn't want to be the first player drafted in the top 5 since the new cba was signed to have both.

That's it. That's what they're fighting over.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well overall good luck to SD. Hopefully Allen has a big year(have him on my Fantasy team).

Quick Question does SD get a Comp pick if Bosa doesnt sign and re enters the Draft?
Nope.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised to see so many people siding with the Chargers. I guess part of it is just that people always think the players are spoiled and make too much money.
Generally I take the team's side on these kind of issues, but it seems obvious to me that the Chargers are the one's causing the problem here.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's called being jealous of people making more money than you.

It's the same reason why people want X player banned from the NFL.

They don't care if he makes 7.50/hr at walmart, but if he made 200k to do so they'd say that company is evil. etc. so on and so forth.

Nothing more than pure jealous.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was SD I wouldnt want a player like Bosa. Greedy and not a team player and looks like he doesnt care about football. SD offers u a max contract at that slot and 17 mill signing bonus and u say say NO. LOL Fools I tell you Fools.

your opinion is noted

And being Greedy about your first contract and your future is not a bad thing in My opinion both sides are trying to get the best they can plain and simple

San Diego has treated players like used cars in the past Ask Tomlinson about that

its about contract language not money

JMHO others will vary

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No...I'm mostly pro player on contracts actually if they deserve it.

You may be totally up to speed on this...if not.

I think the reason is the Chargers have offered a fair contract...slotted in between 2 & 4 draft picks...they have some terms that Bosa doesn't like...deferring the $17 mil signing bonus...some at signing and some March of '17...second term is offset language...I've got a post explaining that in lay terms.

In his compromise, Bosa has said he would yield on one of the terms but not both...the Chargers are insisting on both.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's called being jealous of people making more money than you.

It's the same reason why people want X player banned from the NFL.

They don't care if he makes 7.50/hr at walmart, but if he made 200k to do so they'd say that company is evil. etc. so on and so forth.

Nothing more than pure jealous.

LOL... I'm a consumer of the NFL...I want to see Bosa play why would I be jealous of him...I'm quite content with my lot in life.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... I'm a consumer of the NFL...I want to see Bosa play why would I be jealous of him...I'm quite content with my lot in life.

You cut the money amount down and people would be clearly pro Bosa.

It's about the money. People just don't want to admit it.

It's the same with Ray Rice, Vick etc.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No...I'm mostly pro player on contracts actually if they deserve it.

You may be totally up to speed on this...if not.

I think the reason is the Chargers have offered a fair contract...slotted in between 2 & 4 draft picks...they have some terms that Bosa doesn't like...deferring the $17 mil signing bonus...some at signing and some March of '17...second term is offset language...I've got a post explaining that in lay terms.

In his compromise, Bosa has said he would yield on one of the terms but not both...the Chargers are insisting on both.

Given their current position w/ their own stadium situation & possibly moving to LA I am somewhat surprised at the hard line by the Chargers - seems very short sighted to me. However - many rich folks & NFL owners in particular often do whatever they hell they want. I can't imagine that their fanbase is behind them on this one but perhaps I am wrong. Of course winning cures that, but this situation certainly doesn't help them in that area.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For me it depends on the player & the sport. I think actors, actresses & TV personalities are overpaid compared to most athletes. That's just me.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it depends on the player & the sport. I think actors, actresses & TV personalities are overpaid compared to most athletes. That's just me.

Well Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson made something like $64 million making movies this past year.