• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So does this move you?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol.....................OK, so in this league I have been trying to get these clowns to go with 3 keepers (your first 3 picks). As of right now we keep 2. We have had some funky(and legal) trades in the past as guise that have no shot at winning towards the end of the season trade guise to teams that are in contention for draft picks. Those trades are usually pretty balanced and don't look too lobsided. Then we have the dreaded Pre-Draft trades where guise get whatever the hell they can for anybody you would consider a potential keeper. Anyway we just had a trade fer picks and a couple of the owners went ape shit. The trade was MThomas and Juju fer a 2nd round pick. The owner was gonna have to throw them back in anyway so why not? Here is my reply:

That yoose guise see my reasoning in keeping 3. When we discussed it last year at the rules meeting we did point out that if it didn't work we could vote it out. Two things this would immediately "fix" (for lack of a better term) would be the late season draft pick trades. Nobody is gonna give up their 3rd keeper for any draft pick lower than a 2nd rounder (and it wouldn't make much sense to do so even then). The second thing it fixes is the Pre-Draft trades (like the one we just had). This trade (like many others in the past) would have never happened as Nate would have had to keep on of those guise. Now my thoughts in this league have always been to win this year and try and set myself up fer the next few years. I had Foster
Jennings
, Moss and a few others for multiple years and never had to worry too much about keepers, Other owners have different views on this matter (and we have almost all given up picks to win now). That said, I do not want this to come out the wrong way as we are all friends here and have known each other for a very long time: I just get the feeling some owners think I'm trying to be a Shyster here and pull some shit on yoose guise. Not true. I feel I have always had the best interest of OUR league in my thoughts and just eliminating player for pick trades would be wrong:My team, fuck you if you don't like it. I'm getting something out of this player I can't keep.........BUT, if we give this a shot, we can see how this works and see if it makes our league better. Most of the trades made last year and this offseason would have never been made. If it gets voted down again this year there should be NO BITCHING about any player for pick trades.

THE RRC's(trademark of excellence)

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol.....................OK, so in this league I have been trying to get these clowns to go with 3 keepers (your first 3 picks). As of right now we keep 2. We have had some funky(and legal) trades in the past as guise that have no shot at winning towards the end of the season trade guise to teams that are in contention for draft picks. Those trades are usually pretty balanced and don't look too lobsided. Then we have the dreaded Pre-Draft trades where guise get whatever the hell they can for anybody you would consider a potential keeper. Anyway we just had a trade fer picks and a couple of the owners went ape shit. The trade was MThomas and Juju fer a 2nd round pick. The owner was gonna have to throw them back in anyway so why not? Here is my reply:

That yoose guise see my reasoning in keeping 3. When we discussed it last year at the rules meeting we did point out that if it didn't work we could vote it out. Two things this would immediately "fix" (for lack of a better term) would be the late season draft pick trades. Nobody is gonna give up their 3rd keeper for any draft pick lower than a 2nd rounder (and it wouldn't make much sense to do so even then). The second thing it fixes is the Pre-Draft trades (like the one we just had). This trade (like many others in the past) would have never happened as Nate would have had to keep on of those guise. Now my thoughts in this league have always been to win this year and try and set myself up fer the next few years. I had Foster
Jennings
, Moss and a few others for multiple years and never had to worry too much about keepers, Other owners have different views on this matter (and we have almost all given up picks to win now). That said, I do not want this to come out the wrong way as we are all friends here and have known each other for a very long time: I just get the feeling some owners think I'm trying to be a Shyster here and pull some shit on yoose guise. Not true. I feel I have always had the best interest of OUR league in my thoughts and just eliminating player for pick trades would be wrong:My team, fuck you if you don't like it. I'm getting something out of this player I can't keep.........BUT, if we give this a shot, we can see how this works and see if it makes our league better. Most of the trades made last year and this offseason would have never been made. If it gets voted down again this year there should be NO BITCHING about any player for pick trades.

THE RRC's(trademark of excellence)
Approved

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds good - either vote to change the rules or stop bitching

#Ana4Prez2020
#Sam4VP2020

(See how i put the boss' name 1st, lol)

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does this move you?
The only thing that moves me nowadays is fiber.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is a good post.

My only comment is that adding a 3rd keeper does not solve the problem. It merely changes the point where the line is drawn between keeper and not keeper. The trades will still happen. But instead of Michael Thomas and Juju for a 2, it will be just Juju for a 4.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is a good post.

My only comment is that adding a 3rd keeper does not solve the problem. It merely changes the point where the line is drawn between keeper and not keeper. The trades will still happen. But instead of Michael Thomas and Juju for a 2, it will be just Juju for a 4.
Yup. I thought of that too. Funny thing is, I traded that dude Juju fer a 5th when my season started going to shit.....and of course that was the week Juju started going off with long ass TD's. To make it even better, my team started scoring shit tons of points after I traded him. Point is, I never would have traded Juju fer a 5th if I knew I had to keep him.