• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joey Bosa...not signed, which side do you fall?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I quoted a tweet earlier, but the offset would have only affected 1 of 75 players, that player being Cedric Benson.

Why the Chargers just won't drop it, and why it's such a sticking point to Bosa, I really don't get.
This I can agree with. Both parties are being petty about it. The offset isnt a big deal so why have and why not play football over something like that.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I quoted a tweet earlier, but the offset would have only affected 1 of 75 players, that player being Cedric Benson.

Why the Chargers just won't drop it, and why it's such a sticking point to Bosa, I really don't get.

I think it's a sticking point to Bosa because of union pressure. He doesn't want to be the guy that sets a slippery slope precedence. His dad and his agent are probability also looking at it from the unions point of view.

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it does. LOL Just to help you out here is last years #3 pick and he was a defensive player.

Fowler signed a fully guaranteed four-year, $23.5 million contract, with a $15.3 million signing bonus. His Signng bonus is spread out in 4 years.

Dante Fowler Jr.

Bosa is getting 17 mill. SD has a strong offer.

Fowler's signing bonus is absolutely NOT spread out over 4 years. That site tracks the salary cap for each player, not the real world dollars.

And the signing bonus and salary structure that SD is offering are not negotiable. They are set by the CBA. So SD is not offering anything more than they are obligated to offer. They just want to screw the player one way or another, so here we are.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is false. You said Wentz was the only one who was offered a better deal. That is absolutely not true.
Overall deal yes its wentz. Money wise is Goff but paid up front its next to Wentz.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Language of the contract?

Don't you mean, language of the Chargers press release?
No I read multiple sources. They are all about the same they just all swing it a different way. Overall its still 17 mill guaranteed. No matter what way you look at it. U do know some picks get their signing bonus spread out over a couple years. SD is saying just wait until march or Jan. what ever month.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall deal yes its wentz. Money wise is Goff but paid up front its next to Wentz.
Yes, Goff took a smaller signing bonus, but he also doesn't have the offset language. Wentz does.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are missing the point. Bosa wants either/or, like every other top 5 pick in the last 5 years. Either give him all of the signing bonus upfront, or get rid of the offset language.

If the offset truly isn't a big deal, the Chargers should have no problem not including it.
I just posted what Fowler got. Bosa deal beats that by 2 mill. So again SD upped their offer more then last year #3 pick. Good comparison because both are Defensive players.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Bosa for refusing a $17 million bonus by not signing. I'm sure he'll be a first round draft pick next year......

</Sarcasm OFF>

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just posted what Fowler got. Bosa deal beats that by 2 mill. So again SD upped their offer more then last year #3 pick. Good comparison because both are Defensive players.
The total money has nothing to do with it. It's about the timing of the signing bonus or offset language. The Chargers are asking for both. Fowler (and every other top 5 pick since 2011) got one or the other. That's what Bosa is asking for, too.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fowler's signing bonus is absolutely NOT spread out over 4 years. That site tracks the salary cap for each player, not the real world dollars.

And the signing bonus and salary structure that SD is offering are not negotiable. They are set by the CBA. So SD is not offering anything more than they are obligated to offer. They just want to screw the player one way or another, so here we are.
LOL they are offering 2 mill more then last year #3 pick. What are you talking about. its right there. Its simple to see so stop blaming a team that is giving the #3 pick a raise from last years #3 pick.

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL they are offering 2 mill more then last year #3 pick. What are you talking about. its right there. Its simple to see so stop blaming a team that is giving the #3 pick a raise from last years #3 pick.

They HAVE to offer more than last year. It's written into the CBA!

:frusty:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Goff took a smaller signing bonus, but he also doesn't have the offset language. Wentz does.
The offset language is pointless. i dont get why people are so upset about this offset. it means nothing. He is getting 17 mill no matter what. Its 100% guaranteed. Bosa is acting like a child. Go play football. thats it. SD is your boss. Thats like me saying to my job I want a raise at my position and they told me ok we will make you the highest paid in my department but they gave me a 85% bump now and the 15% in acouple months im not going to say no and not show up for work. I would take it and be proud I got my raise. man up.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They HAVE to offer more than last year. It's written into the CBA!

:frusty:
Your not getting it. Fowler got 15.3 signing bonus Bosa is offered 17 mill. 17 is more then 15. :L

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offset language is pointless. i dont get why people are so upset about this offset. it means nothing. He is getting 17 mill no matter what. Its 100% guaranteed. Bosa is acting like a child. Go play football. thats it. SD is your boss. Thats like me saying to my job I want a raise at my position and they told me ok we will make you the highest paid in my department but they gave me a 85% bump now and the 15% in acouple months im not going to say no and not show up for work. I would take it and be proud I got my raise. man up.
If the offset language is pointless and means nothing, why won't the Chargers just agree to it? Unless the Chargers just like throwing away the 3rd overall pick, and Bosa just likes turning down $17 million for kicks and grins, maybe it's a little more nuanced than you're giving it credit for.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The total money has nothing to do with it. It's about the timing of the signing bonus or offset language. The Chargers are asking for both. Fowler (and every other top 5 pick since 2011) got one or the other. That's what Bosa is asking for, too.
I understand that but its not a big deal. Its still 100% guaranteed. Its not a big deal. It doesnt affect Bosa at all. It helps SD out a little. There is no harm in that. Bosa is a football player so go out and play football. Play for the team that is giving you a chance to live your dream. 17 mill is a lot of money and more then last years #3 player.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your not getting it. Fowler got 15.3 signing bonus Bosa is offered 17 mill. 17 is more then 15. :L
I'm not going to lie, I'm a little embarrassed for you right now.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the offset language is pointless and means nothing, why won't the Chargers just agree to it? Unless the Chargers just like throwing away the 3rd overall pick, and Bosa just likes turning down $17 million for kicks and grins, maybe it's a little more nuanced than you're giving it credit for.
I said both parties are being dumb about it but if it helps SD out why not do it. It doesnt hurt Bosa. SD already given u more then last years #3 pick so be grateful.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that but its not a big deal. Its still 100% guaranteed. Its not a big deal. It doesnt affect Bosa at all. It helps SD out a little. There is no harm in that. Bosa is a football player so go out and play football. Play for the team that is giving you a chance to live your dream. 17 mill is a lot of money and more then last years #3 player.
It's not a big deal, yet somehow it's a sticking point that's keeping Bosa from signing. So someone must think it's a big deal.