• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jimmy Graham

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't figure out why we just can't get this guy involved? It doesn't seem that RW looks is way, hell Willson had 1 less catch in the game, that should never happen. I can't believe it's the play calling so I'm looking either RW just can't find him or maybe Graham isn't running good routes and getting open. They showed JG on one of the plays where RW got sacked and he basically ran a 5 yd out route, got zero separation and just turned around. Maybe he wasn't the main target in that particular play but it looked like he had no intention of even trying.

Where is that guy that would run across the middle for 30 yds and seemed almost unstoppable in New Orleans?

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hugh Millen was on KJR this morning and from what I picked up, he was saying that Graham was not running his routes well, or not at all. If anyone was listening this morning and heard this differently, please chime in.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Seattle is trying to be too complicated with him. Just run him down the seam in a straight line lol. Eifert seemed to have no issue doing that against Seattle. Course when Graham was towards the end zone Wilson threw a dart which got picked off... instead of just lobbing it up high over the two defenders.

That might be one of Wilson's worst games I ever recall. At least against the Packers NFC Championship he got it done in OT and was at least clutch despite the horrible start.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Seattle is trying to be too complicated with him. Just run him down the seam in a straight line lol. Eifert seemed to have no issue doing that against Seattle. Course when Graham was towards the end zone Wilson threw a dart which got picked off... instead of just lobbing it up high over the two defenders.

That might be one of Wilson's worst games I ever recall. At least against the Packers NFC Championship he got it done in OT and was at least clutch despite the horrible start.

Hell, almost anyone can get it down when there's blown coverages that leave the entire middle 1/3 of the field without even a token defender.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hard to tell on tv, but against the lions graham was open all day long on every play. Im sure he was open yesterday too he just isnt a priority in the pasing game. Willson is higher in the progression than graham which is a crime.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hugh Millen was on KJR this morning and from what I picked up, he was saying that Graham was not running his routes well, or not at all. If anyone was listening this morning and heard this differently, please chime in.

Yeah, he's been getting some ridicule of late regarding his route running... They pointed out two plays during the game specifically... One of them is where Graham kind of stopped his route and just stood behind his defender while Wilson was scrambling to his side of the field... It's almost like he just expected Wilson to throw him a jump ball... Meanwhile, Lockett running a crisp route had the awareness to run towards Wilson giving RW an easy 5 or 6 yard pass... Point is, Graham isn't working any to get open too often... He and Brees obviously had a great chemistry, something he and RW obviously don't have... After the opening 3rd quarter drive, RW didn't target Graham one time for the remainder of the game - even into OT...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hard to tell on tv, but against the lions graham was open all day long on every play. Im sure he was open yesterday too he just isnt a priority in the pasing game. Willson is higher in the progression than graham which is a crime.

Well, if reports that he's not running his routes are correct, he can be open all he wants, but if he isn't where he's supposed to be then it doesn't make a difference.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, what Hugh said is he runs some routes very well. Namely seam routes and other verticals. Anything with a hitch or drag or crossing routes he has been flat out horrible, and worse, you can see him giving up on plays and just not even trying. It is those inconsistencies he was pointing out.

Holmgren chimed in and said the different schemes here and there require different routes and Graham just isn't comfortable with anything other than what he ran at the Saints. Before the Bevell is the devil crowd blames it on him, Mike said they can't just up and change the whole offense to what NO runs.

You need both the team trying to run as many plays as they can that went to his prior strengths and his adapting/learning his new roles here. And a lot of what they did at NO required timing that just comes with lots and lots of repetition and there is no short cuts to getting that.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, what Hugh said is he runs some routes very well. Namely seam routes and other verticals. Anything with a hitch or drag or crossing routes he has been flat out horrible, and worse, you can see him giving up on plays and just not even trying. It is those inconsistencies he was pointing out.

Holmgren chimed in and said the different schemes here and there require different routes and Graham just isn't comfortable with anything other than what he ran at the Saints. Before the Bevell is the devil crowd blames it on him, Mike said they can't just up and change the whole offense to what NO runs..

For that, I would say shame on Schneider for making this trade if that's the case... That is a huge whiff, if true...

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't they incorporate some of NO's stuff though? Don't change the whole offense, but do something to use your new toy.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel that its hard to mimic what the saints did in using graham because brees had more time to throw down the field. Graham is dangerous when you get him 15, 30, 40 yards down field to catch jump balls and with the way the offensive line has been playing they cant hold the pocket long enough before collapsing not to mention RW's height issue from consistently throwing within the pocket. I can see Grahams weakness this man cant block and isnt fast he is just a tall basketball player that you throw up jump balls for

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact of the matter is that outside of Doug Baldwin and the obvious running plays, Jimmy Graham needs to be looked at almost every time on 3rd downs. The continuous failure to convert on 3rd downs is what doomed this team yesterday.

To me, it's inexcusable to look anywhere else besides Baldwin and Graham on 3rd down and especially on 3rd and short situations. How many times did they failed to convert on 3rd and 2 or a 3rd and 4? He's tall and big enough where he is capable of converting these downs IF you target him. Here's a stats you all may not like, outside of the O-Line and Wilson yesterday, Graham played 73% of the snaps, so where the hell was he and why wasn't he targeted?

Many 3rd and short situations in the 4th quarter yesterday and 1 or two of those conversions may win the game. Sadly, many of those failures yesterday was on the shoulder of Russell Wilson.