• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jimmy Graham?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was trying to think how that all went down but cant remember the details. I dont see it being a problem in Seattle really. He definitely makes things interesting for the offense no matter.

True... Wilson needs some help there, so that's a good step.. Wilson just didn't have any threats out there ..

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "WR money" issue was about what position he was considered as playing with respect to franchise tag salary because the Saints pursued that last off-season before signing him to the 4 year contract.

I could be wrong, but I think Hauschka is the only player the PC/JS regime has used the tag on in 5 years, so the position that Graham technically counts towards is probably not going to come into play if he sees the current deal through all 3 remaining years.

Statistically speaking, he played only about 1/3 of his snaps as a traditional inline TE. Wouldn't be surprised if it's even less in Seattle. Regardless of the label you wish to use, Graham plays split out or in the slot the preponderance of the time and is very difficult to cover out there especially in the red zone.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And holy hell with this red zone debate. No matter how you define it, Wilson completed right around 50% of his pass attempts in that area of the field. Jeezus. If that's the only stat you care about when determining who is good and who isn't then you're either purposely ignoring other stuff so you can be "right" or you have a very rudimentary understanding of the game. This offense was devoid of effective red zone weapons last season, so Wilson threw a lot of passes away instead of taking bigger risks. That's why even though the % was low, the PASSER RATING was still 90 and TD:INT was outstanding. Look at the whole picture.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if you don't think the 20 yard line is part of the red zone, do you also not think the goal line is part of the end zone?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i laughed like that a lot , probably for 2 hours after, watching that butler replay.

did you know belichick knew carroll ran that SAME play on that SAME down, 7 times in the regular season...al insidoe the 5. run to lynch, then a short slant on 2nd down. patterns.

he literally SAW it coming.

So Belichick told you this?

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well those who where wondering what Graham might feel about having less balls thrown his way this is his response. We will have to see if it true, but all signs point positive.

'It's all about having an opportunity and a chance at winning a championship and that's all I care about. If a team needs me to catch 100 footballs or a team needs me to catch 30 or a team needs me to catch 15 touchdowns or 5 touchdowns, I'm going to do it. I'm going to do whatever it takes to win. I'm not complaining at all about any of that. I just want to be part of this team and I want to be there in big moments for this team and this franchise to help us win games.''

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel a heck of lot better about getting Graham, then Harvin. I feel like the Seahawks just hit a home run.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel a heck of lot better about getting Graham, then Harvin. I feel like the Seahawks just hit a home run.

Man, I feel good about it as well... I was just getting tired of small receivers... We didn't have a guy that can beat you over the top once we lost Sidney Rice... Matthews certainly seems like he might fill that role... But Graham is a match-up nightmare one on one...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems to be the prevailing opinion among those who get paid to cover the NFL on TV and the internet, even in light of the Percy Harvin failed experiment. Completely different players, so it really doesn't follow that the one not working out means the other also won't.... though some are hoisting that flag and letting it fly. When Harvin came, a lot of his game was redundant with what Tate could do.... and it turns out GT is just a way better receiver. Graham brings something to the team that we don't already have, and he's bringing quite a lot of it. Could easily prove to be the best QB/RB/Receiver trio in the league for '15.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was a little concerned when he changed his Twitter profile to "Traded" and nothing else. But listening to him gush about the culture of winning today, how the team rallies around one another, and his general excitement about coming to Seattle...it was a big relief.

Completely different animal than the Harvin trade. It could still blow up in our face, but it wont be because Graham goes full ass hat on us.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a little concerned when he changed his Twitter profile to "Traded" and nothing else. But listening to him gush about the culture of winning today, how the team rallies around one another, and his general excitement about coming to Seattle...it was a big relief.

Completely different animal than the Harvin trade. It could still blow up in our face, but it wont be because Graham goes full ass hat on us.

I remember when we traded for Harvin. Vikings fans couldn't have been more relieved and excited to be rid of him and they couldn't believe their good fortune when they saw what their team was getting in return. I'm not getting that same sense about this trade from Saints fans, which has to be a good sign for us. Right?

phredmojo

Steak is for Taxpayers
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when we traded for Harvin. Vikings fans couldn't have been more relieved and excited to be rid of him and they couldn't believe their good fortune when they saw what their team was getting in return. I'm not getting that same sense about this trade from Saints fans, which has to be a good sign for us. Right?
Correct...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speaking of Russell Wilson's redzone play. How about this Redzone stat 53 games 52 TD 2 Int's inside the redzone.

His career RZ % is 52.66% with a 97.8 rating after his sub par performance last season, but lets be real here that is more a indication of the talent level he is throwing to and losing Miller for most of the season.

got to love people trying to "talk" big and then posting the wrong stats to only be corrected then have them say "i don't know where i got those numbers from". It shows ZERO, nada, zip, zilch credibility. LMAO spitting out numbers that you read on the internet like they are some holy grail say all end all is foolish, using them to form an opinion is equally foolish because of the fact there are to many other variables involved that you are ignoring. Ignoring those other variables is pure ignorance. Should i have expected anything different though? lmao

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was there really just an argument over a 1 yard difference in the field? Seriously, a difference between the 20 and 19 yard lines determined for one Pats fan whether Russell Wilson was "the worst" QB at that distance or simply "among" the worst.

Jesus... this is why I go off the deep end on guys on the main board. Why the fuck does it matter when he's in the Super fucking Bowl 2/3 years?! You're arguing over the variant of 1 yard, 19/20 yards from the endzone! You might as well be arguing over who gets the most 1st downs from the 50 with 10 to go. It doesn't matter, so take your trash talk to the correct thread or get the fuck out.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, stop feeding the fucking trolls people. It's bad enough we get these assholes up here, you really don't need to keep begging them to continue to take over our threads.

This is not the place for these childish bullshit posts. Take it to the smack talk thread or the general board. We talk about real football up here.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, stop feeding the fucking trolls people. It's bad enough we get these assholes up here, you really don't need to keep begging them to continue to take over our threads.

This is not the place for these childish bullshit posts. Take it to the smack talk thread or the general board. We talk about real football up here.
hey, he called me out...i replied in kind.

im that kind of guy.

PS thanks for the warning. i brushed it off.

Also, if you consider THIS trolling, you'd be eaten alive on other sites.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey, he called me out...i replied in kind.

im that kind of guy.

PS thanks for the warning. i brushed it off.

Also, if you consider THIS trolling, you'd be eaten alive on other sites.
I really don't have the patience to hold the hand of someone who has an account old enough to already be expected to know the difference between a team board and the general board. It's not about what YOU think people should be able to handle, it's about WHERE your shit is actually tolerated. This isn't the place.

Team boards are troll free. Don't like it? Don't give a fuck. You can say what you like on the general board or on the thread up here meant to give your BS voice, the smack talk thread.

Allowing full on trolling ALWAYS derails topics. Team pages are the one place where that is kept as low as possible so there is at least one place where people can go to have a real conversation that doesn't automatically get hijacked.

If you can't tell the difference between protecting that and people actually being hurt by your words then you probably don't belong on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.