• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jimmy Graham Reportedly "Pissed Off" at Seahawks

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not the release point that is the major problem. The problem is having OL guys who are 6'5" in front of him making it a little harder to see down the middle. They have done plenty of studies that show that Wilson in the pocket doesn't like to use the middle of the field and many think a big reason is because that area of the field is much harder for him to see and he struggles to trust what he does see in that area. Like I said all players in the league have their weaknesses and all QB's (other than Rodgers) have certain throws that they just don't like to make.

Really? If there's plenty, there should be plenty of links.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not the release point that is the major problem. The problem is having OL guys who are 6'5" in front of him making it a little harder to see down the middle. They have done plenty of studies that show that Wilson in the pocket doesn't like to use the middle of the field and many think a big reason is because that area of the field is much harder for him to see and he struggles to trust what he does see in that area. Like I said all players in the league have their weaknesses and all QB's (other than Rodgers) have certain throws that they just don't like to make.

If seeing over the o-line is the problem then the bar has gotten a lot higher. You'd have to be at least 6'4" to see over these beasts and most QB's need throwing lanes to work with. Beasts like Big Ben can stand straight up over them but most QB's are going out of the gun on the majority of snaps.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's no flippin studies. I've seen every game he's played and the field opens up for him when they actually start attacking the middle.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no flippin studies. I've seen every game he's played and the field opens up for him when they actually start attacking the middle.

I know. That's BS. When Wilson stands in the pocket, the seam is usually where he's looking to go.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. That's BS. When Wilson stands in the pocket, the seam is usually where he's looking to go.

It's the same draft report people have been throwing out there for years. He's a shorter guy but he has a high release point, great throwing radius, and huge hands. Some of the reasons that you don't see shorter QB's is because they aren't put together as out of proportion as Wilson is.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please let's not confuse Russell with being an effective pocket passer. The field opens up to him when he rolls out. That's when he's most effective. Teams that contain him to the pocket have success. Those teams that aren't disciplined and allow him to get outside often get torched for big plays. Whether it's a long run by Wilson or an open receiver. Bevel should be shot if his game plan is to keep Wilson throwing from the pocket.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude, we've watched all the plays. The problem is the fucking routes and the lack of personnel to run those routes. You'd think the 6'7" guy with great hands would be the answer but they don't use him appropriately. The Seahawks refuse to run quick hitters to get the dogs off of him on timing patterns over the middle. Their answer is the stupid bubble screen which has never worked.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just win, baby!

He can make comments like this because they're 0-2. if they were 2-0 he'd have no leg to stand on.

He's either part of the problem or part of the solution. Sounds to me like it's the former.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way this can be any more puzzling than the Titans picking up the greatest receiver in the history of the game and never throwing to him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure that link is saying Russell is bad from the pocket at all.

• Second-best grade on third down at +13.1, including a +5.6 grade on 3rd-and-long.
• Led the league with +9.9 on plays that broke out of the pocket and ranked second on designed rollouts at +4.7.
• Showed well at pass depths, namely 11-20 yards (+7.6), 21-30 yards (+6.6), and 31-40 yards (+3.1).
• Threw extremely well outside the numbers, including +12.1 to the left and +10.3 to the right.
Third-highest grade when pressured (+4.5) and also graded well from a clean pocket (+19.2).
• Led the league with a +21.5 grade against the blitz, including a +14.4 grade on third down.
• Showed well on 7-to-8-yard drop-backs (+10.6), and drop-backs of 9 yards or longer (+6.0).
• Led the league with a +14.5 grade on plays lasting at least 3.6 seconds.
• Graded at +23.9 when throwing to wide receivers (by alignment).
• Tied for league lead with a +6.0 grade on crossing routes, and also showed well on hitches (+5.6) and go routes (+10.7).

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you read the negatives?

I said that he struggled to throw between the numbers as height makes that a little more challenging and low and behold he is below average in that area throwing the football.

He also graded low throwing to TE's and that is the area that they usually make their living.

Then you also see he had one of the highest percentages in the NFL in throwing outside the numbers as that is where he feels most comfortable and that is where they like to run their routes knowing this is his comfort zone.

He also had the 3rd highest percentage of passes that were quick outs which again shows he loves to throw outside compared to down the middle.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you actually read the study you posted? If so, please break it down for us.

I said that he struggled to throw between the numbers as height makes that a little more challenging and low and behold he is below average in that area throwing the football.

He also graded low throwing to TE's and that is the area that they usually make their living.

Then you also see he had one of the highest percentages in the NFL in throwing outside the numbers as that is where he feels most comfortable and that is where they like to run their routes knowing this is his comfort zone.

He also had the 3rd highest percentage of passes that were quick outs which again shows he loves to throw outside compared to down the middle.

Do you have any idea how many balls Luke Willson has dropped since he's been in the league? You think Kearse or Baldwin are prototypical guys to run a slant with? You think that dumping the game plan when Harvin imploded and was shipped out did't have an impact on the offense? They were scrambling to figure things out after he left and Richardson started emerging. Then he blew out his ACL and Wilson's #1 target in the Super Bowl was a guy they literally pulled off the street. I don't give a crap about the studies. I've watched all the games and put the shit in context.

Now there's a beast that makes his living between the hash marks. Why not just give it a try? That's all I'm asking of Bevell.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Throwing outside the numbers doesn't mean he's outside the pocket when he's throwing.

Here are all his negatives (pretty small list compared to his positives)
• Graded at -2.7 on throws of at least 40 yards in the air.
• Graded at -0.1 on throws in between the numbers.
• Struggled in the first quarter (-9.1).
• Posted a negative grade when pressured from a traditional rush (-4.1).
• Graded at only -1.0 when throwing to tight ends.

Also from your link (and this is very important to pocket numbers):
• Faced pressure on 43.8% of drop-backs; second-highest in the league.
• Faced the second-highest percentage of blitzes in the league at 39.2%.
• Faced the second-highest percentage of pressures that came in two seconds or less (14.7% of drop-backs).

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stfu you bunch of pussies. Post all you want about yer Hawks and let the complainers be damned. Don't be the complainers.

This shit comes with winning.
Folks will jump the team when they lose. Haven't seen too much of Hammer's severely diminished skills talk about Brady have you? As soon as he has a couple of interceptions in a loss, it'll be time to call for Garappolo again.

Rinse, lather, repeat.
Thanks, and you are correct. Don't blame us though, we have only been around since 2012 and all of this is so new to us.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throwing outside the numbers doesn't mean he's outside the pocket when he's throwing.

Here are all his negatives (pretty small list compared to his positives)
• Graded at -2.7 on throws of at least 40 yards in the air.
• Graded at -0.1 on throws in between the numbers.
• Struggled in the first quarter (-9.1).
• Posted a negative grade when pressured from a traditional rush (-4.1).
• Graded at only -1.0 when throwing to tight ends.

Also from your link (and this is very important to pocket numbers):
• Faced pressure on 43.8% of drop-backs; second-highest in the league.
• Faced the second-highest percentage of blitzes in the league at 39.2%.
• Faced the second-highest percentage of pressures that came in two seconds or less (14.7% of drop-backs).
I didn't say he was out of the pocket. I said he prefers to throw outside the numbers. That is something I have seen from inside and outside. His between the numbers throws are usually deep passes from what I can tell. Anyway we both have our ideas and info to back it up. Wilson is a great QB in this league. That is what it all boils down to whether he has some weaknesses to his game or not.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed...but I don't think it was his choice to get traded to SEA. If this blows up...I think we have to point the finger at the GM in SEA...why trade for a stud pass catching TE (giving up a 1st round pick to boot) only to make him a 6th OL?

That said...good, bad or indifferent, Jimmy boy is not going to get another huge contract after this one so what does it really matter? Just cash your 16 game checks and STFU.
Yea I admitted earlier that I remembered it wrong. Clearly something is amiss. You don't trade for a top end talent at a position to not use him. If they miss out on the playoffs you can almost guarantee that OC will be gone.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't help he has a 5'3 quarterback who can't see him when is open either