• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jerry Rice admits to using stick em

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JC the stick em issues/news were 20,30 yrs ago. Actually longer, Lester Hayes ''Raiders''. Why don't they give this shit a rest. I don't care if JR used a little stick um. He really didn't need it though

Last edited by a moderator:

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for the laugh...I needed this shitty post today.

Did it ever occur to you that Rice was GREAT at getting releases off of bump and run coverage, thus allowing him to be amongst the top in the league in YAC year after year? Could that POSSIBLY be why a team like the Falcons (with shitty CBs) would rather play off zone and tackle what's in front of them as opposed to watching Rice's towel swaying in the wind as he takes it to the house after a bad jam at the line?

Rice ran every route, was smart about avoiding the big hit often, had great hands (apparently aided according to Rice himself), and showed the ability to stay healthy. He earned everything he got and his maniacal workout regimen is LEGENDARY in SF.

You don't think Rice is the GOAT? That's fine. You think Rice is a system WR? You are an idiot who didn't actually watch him play.

:suds:[/QUOTE

He missed out on a lot that's for sure. I was fortunate enough to watch the Joe cool to Jerry Rice combo

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moral of the story is that the NFL has been really lax on equipment (among other things) and now for whatever reason Goodell decided to make it a big deal with some lame sting operation. I'm honestly starting to think that it's nothing but a smoke screen to divert attention away from the Aaron Hernandez trial. Pats/Deflated Ball is a lot easier to spin than Ex-Patriot/murderer. And I'm not calling out the Pats for signing a psychotic fuck. I'm honestly surprised that Jerramy Stevens hasn't murdered someone yet. That dude's a ticking time bomb.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone in the NFL media seriously needs to try to get some specifics about what Jerry meant.

It's the time between the Super Bowl and the combine. There's nothing else going on! It's called JOURNALISM! Is nobody talking about this in the NFL media because they're just circling the wagons again? Someone needs to ask him exactly what product he put on his gloves. Some people speculate that "stickum" is just what they say for any kind of spray including the legal kind they use for tape. Others say that's bogus. Why is nobody asking that question? If he won't comment on it, that's news! It would probably mean he has something to hide. The lack of vetting of this issue should be embarrassing to the NFL media IMO. Not that they have a reputation as real journalists anyway...

There's a tape with Rice giving a little wink about it.

I'm sure everyone did do it. It's just an issue of hypocrisy and fairness.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this keeps going any player of any worth is going to look like a complete idiot.

they absolutely will (and have already) when they start wagging their finger and accusing others of cheating especially when there has been no proof that they did.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they absolutely will (and have already) when they start wagging their finger and accusing others of cheating especially when there has been no proof that they did.

Like shooting fish in a barrel. In a sport where stretching the edges of rules has been pretty much part of the game for decades it does come across as overly self-righteous and so these guys deserve to be embarrassed.

Yeah the accusations by press leaks is what Kraft was complaining about and as more information gets out, it does appear the "crime" is much less heinous then first thought. I hope the investigation also looks at behavior of the NFL in it's investigation as well as the alleged deflation.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ray Lewis,Carter and Rice are the Sharptons and Rev Jacksons

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm honestly surprised that Jerramy Stevens hasn't murdered someone yet. That dude's a ticking time bomb.

And he may be the saner member of his marriage.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it didn't die after all. Who knew 49ers had so much heat here? :pound:

What heat is needed? You are entitled to your opinion, however shitty it is. If you can honestly look at Rice's overall body of work and the things this guy did consistently from game to game in a more physical league then today's league and come up with someone who was greater for a greater period of time, please feel free to list. But the record books say he is incomparable, his dominance in big games is unmatched, and his peak yearS are rivaled only by Single season feats/records by future HOF players. Rice is the complete package and IMO the best that ever did it every Sunday ever.

:suds:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

If everyone did it I'm sure someone would've eventually seen some stuff on the game balls. Still don't know why this story has been swept under the rug. Circling the wagons. I want to know the exact product he was using, and people should come down on him for cheating if it was the banned product. I know it's to the biggest violation in the world, but cheating is cheating.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If everyone did it I'm sure someone would've eventually seen some stuff on the game balls. Still don't know why this story has been swept under the rug. Circling the wagons. I want to know the exact product he was using, and people should come down on him for cheating if it was the banned product. I know it's to the biggest violation in the world, but cheating is cheating.

I dont care if he jerked off in his gloves and shanked secondaries, guy was the best and what a work ethic he had. He didnt care for Deion Sanders and all the hype and fooling around

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I dont care if he jerked off in his gloves and shanked secondaries

Jerking off? Ok. Shanking secondaries? Meh. Both? That'd just be stupid. He'd get caught shanking 'cause he'd leave all that DNA evidence from the gloves.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerking off? Ok. Shanking secondaries? Meh. Both? That'd just be stupid. He'd get caught shanking 'cause he'd leave all that DNA evidence from the gloves.

Dna wasnt like it is today, plus you do a OJ and get rid of gloves or try too