• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jerry Rice admits to using stick em

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Attachments

• 090622_gbrett7.jpg
    090622_gbrett7.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 148

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don Hutson was a two way player back in the day and revolutionized the WR position. Many historians believe he was the greatest to ever play in the NFL.

I have no idea on rating players.

But I like your pick.

Roll Tide!

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, smoke some herb with your RB and calm the fuck down. You make yourself an easy target and if you can't figure out that HD is poking the bear on purpose bc he knows the classic reaction he's going to get from you, then Idk what to tell you....

Sheesh. HD, game recognize game. Well played.

Calm down? We won the SB, I'm happy. Hammer is just being an asshole because he's still so upset about the Pats winning.

Also, "poking the bear on purpose"...aka as trolling people on his own site. You just admitted to me Hammer is trolling the shit out of Pats fans on purpose. It's honestly just embarrassing that he's doing this. He needs to get over the fact we won. He's been crying for a week straight.:lol:

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think he has me confused with someone else. I haven't even participated in the banter. :noidea: Either that or he's hitting the sauce again. Yeah, that's probably what it is. :L

Me "mad all week?" LOL If you fellas only knew how good my shit is right now. You'd respect the hell out of it.

LOL are you joking me Hammer? You've been trolling all week, who are you kidding? Now you take a shot at my alcohol problem when I'm 13 months without a drink? You've gone what, 2 weeks? Just wow. Your not mad, yet you feel the need to call out my drinking problem? Yeah...I believe you.:pound:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sad day to be a 49er fan. *Rice deserves an asterisk by his name too. :(

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer didn't you start a thread about your own drinking problem, then you call out someone that is still sober from drinking? That's really pathetic...and shows your true colors.

13 months > 2 weeks

LOL who am I kidding...you're not even 2 weeks sober. You can't even do that...

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Hammer have a relapse? :L

Yes and he calls out someone that stays strong? That's just embarrassing. No where else to turn so "lets call out his alcohol problem when I'm an alcoholic myself". LOL at you Hammer...sad though.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think he has me confused with someone else. I haven't even participated in the banter. :noidea: Either that or he's hitting the sauce again. Yeah, that's probably what it is. :L

Me "mad all week?" LOL If you fellas only knew how good my shit is right now. You'd respect the hell out of it.

Fucking Patriots are probably going to pay for your new software/IT upgrade all by themselves, you lucky bastid :suds:

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hear tom brady likes man ass and drinking appleteenies while Jizelle braids his hair

>>>>>sources<<<<<

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Just for clarification, did Rice actually say what kind of substance he used on his gloves? Was it the tacky spray for taping? And was that stuff legal to use?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the public is dumb and easily swayed by sentiment. There are at least 6-7 WRs in the league now who are better in every measurable way than Jerry Rice.

I don't know about 6-7, but that's 1 position that has improved dramatically in just the past 20-30 years... of the 50 I've been following the game. DBs are a lot better than they were 20-30 years ago too. They're just much better athletes and more physically gifted. The big boy/muscle head positions have just improved through chemistry.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ all tha "ah-ha!" Pats fans in this thread. Unbelievable. :L

Thread started about cheating football players.

Immediately fills up with Pats fans.

Coincidence? :L

Haha. Okay, that was funny.

But seriously, this is exactly as big of a deal as the deflated footballs: none

Teams bend the rules, sometimes they get caught and have to pay the price. As a NASCAR fan, this petty "cheating" in the NFL is small time.

DenBronc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blasphemy! How DARE you?!?!?!?!?

On a serious note, when you say 6-7 WRs in the league that are better then Rice in every measurable way, do you mean like combine measurables or like production? Because I don't think some of these WRs, particularly the ones that throw their hands up in the air looking for PIs after damn near every ball thrown their way that isn't directly thrown to their hands, would have been able to produce in the NFL that Rice played in. You could book some of the LBs, CBs, and S from the 70's, 80's, and even early 90's with assault with their physicality based on today's rules. Rice may not have been the most athletic but he was consistently dominant over a LONG period of time and because of that, is the GOAT in my humble opinion. As a Niner fan, I may be seeing this through cardinal and gold colored glasses but I doubt I am in the minority here.

People who say that Rice took a lot of tough hits are liars. The 49ers usually faced zone coverages with guys 7-10 yards off the ball, and Rice ran a lot of slant patterns. He didn't run a whole lot of real routes.

I was watching a 49er-Falcon game from 1990 where Rice caught one of his quintessential passes. They had twin WR's lined up to the left, with Rice on the inside, and both DB's playing off 5-10 yards. The one DB did bump Rice for a brief moment, then released him, and he ran wide open while nobody came over and covered him. Montana hit him for a 24-yard TD pass.

Jerry was a good WR, but he was a product of that system to a large degree. I think that someone like Paul Warfield or Don Hutson should be considered the best ever, not Jerry. Megatron is also a possibility. I would have Moss as GOAT, but he didn't really have too much of a work ethic.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Saw this posted somewhere:

The official rule is on page 34 of the NFL Rule Book, and reads that prohibited substances include: "Adhesive, Slippery Substances -- (i) Adhesive or slippery substances on the body, equipment, or uniform of any player; provided, however, that players may wear gloves with a tackified surface if such tacky substance does not adhere to the football or otherwise cause handling problems for players."

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who say that Rice took a lot of tough hits are liars. The 49ers usually faced zone coverages with guys 7-10 yards off the ball, and Rice ran a lot of slant patterns. He didn't run a whole lot of real routes.

I was watching a 49er-Falcon game from 1990 where Rice caught one of his quintessential passes. They had twin WR's lined up to the left, with Rice on the inside, and both DB's playing off 5-10 yards. The one DB did bump Rice for a brief moment, then released him, and he ran wide open while nobody came over and covered him. Montana hit him for a 24-yard TD pass.

Jerry was a good WR, but he was a product of that system to a large degree. I think that someone like Paul Warfield or Don Hutson should be considered the best ever, not Jerry. Megatron is also a possibility. I would have Moss as GOAT, but he didn't really have too much of a work ethic.

Jerry Rice, owner of just about every career record at WR and played with a bunch of different QB's is now a "system receiver". What a joke. Moss was a one trick pony and when that trick wore out he was useless. It was a HOF worthy trick but that's all he had in his bag. Rice blew out his knee in his prime and was still able to put up 1200 yards receiving at 40.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rice was a trickster. He used to have that towel on his waist as well, and the reason he did that is because defenders would instinctively grab it when trying to tackle him.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ all tha "ah-ha!" Pats fans in this thread. Unbelievable. :L

Thread started about cheating football players.

Immediately fills up with Pats fans.

Coincidence? :L

Must have been the niners ball boy taking liberties spraying down rices gloves. It does seem odd how pats fans are drawn to cheating :think: