• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jerry Jones Get's Called Out

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I am not a lawyer, but it seems to me Freedom Of Speech may be an issue here.

Clearly. F.O.S. protects people from gov't retaliation; it doesn't guarantee you keep your job if you act like an attention whore.

And Jerry Jones is a "bigot" because he wore a hat? :stooges:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Freedom of Speech is out the fucking door at the workplace, if owner so decides.

Nope. People still have F.O.S. at the workplace; that just doesn't mandate that employers keep working with you. Employment is a voluntary agreement that either 2 parties are allowed to break at any time (cutting you or just quitting).

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This makes sense and certainly lets the league off the hook. " Hey guys we want to stay clear of this balls in your court, good luck" I guess that's the leagues approach. And it would make sense the teams could write their own policy on this although I still feel it would be challenged. I guess in the end this is exactly why the league balked. Wasn't it about 4 months ago they were all about it, now they are sort of throwing teams under the bus?

This sure has turned into a mess.

Well, the NFL is essentially the collective group of the owners.

There had to be enough dissension among the 32 to say, we don't have a unified front here so do as you so choose with your team.

Challenged...the NFLPA has already challenged it which is why the teams backed off their initial proposal.

The bottom line is Jerry Jones is calling a bluff here imo because he doesn't have the language in the CBA to call this act conduct unbecoming.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you don't have to and the Pats could fire Tom Brady, The Saints Drew Brees, The Panthers Cam Newton, The Steelers LeVeon Bell etc but where would that lead them. I am unsure a team or any organization can infringe upon one's constitutional rights?

Because they are not infringing on their Constitutional rights.

It is worded very plain: Congress shall pass no law.

Key word: Congress!

The NFL is not Congress. Therefore the NFL is incapable of infringing upon someone's constitutional rights.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. People still have F.O.S. at the workplace; that just doesn't mandate that employers keep working with you. Employment is a voluntary agreement that either 2 parties are allowed to break at any time (cutting you or just quitting).
pretty much my point throughout tho. Freedom of speech is not without consequences.

You can certainly call your boss a cunt, but he does not have to pay you for it.;)

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO Really dud that's the only attack you could come up with, you went all the way back to the 4th grade for that one.
Not only that I completely shredded your argument like Shredder.

You have nothing.

Your low energy and lack of IQ is a pathetic mix.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is this. You do not get to demand your employees follow a certain rule and you are not willing to do so yourself. In fact if it is a company policy the CEO is not exempt from it. Granted no one really is going to have the balls to punish the CEO but you open yourself up to lawsuits if you punish someone for violating the same rule you violated. In simpler terms... Jerry Jones will not be able to get away with cutting someone for kneeling and not face a lawsuit because he was stupid.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is this. You do not get to demand your employees follow a certain rule and you are not willing to do so yourself. In fact if it is a company policy the CEO is not exempt from it. Granted no one really is going to have the balls to punish the CEO but you open yourself up to lawsuits if you punish someone for violating the same rule you violated. In simpler terms... Jerry Jones will not be able to get away with cutting someone for kneeling and not face a lawsuit because he was stupid.

It's his team, he can do whatever he wants. There is no chance a lawsuit would hold up in court if a player were cut for kneeling. I'd bet every contract on the team has some sort of "conduct detrimental to the team" clause that Jerry could even get out of having to pay the non-guaranteed part, but he would just to avoid any lawsuits.

He who has the gold makes the rules. remember that

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerruh owns his team and knows it's bad for business to have his employees kneeling for the anthem. And as an outsider looking in I have still not figured out how the kneeling has done anything positive. What has the kneeling accomplished? Cops are still killing black people.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On company time? Get friggin real. You work for me, you shut your fuggin yap with regards to politics and religion. Hell, I can fire your ass even if you do it on your own time, if I feel it is a detriment to my business.

Freedom of Speech is out the fucking door at the workplace, if owner so decides.
No doubt. If I used my work place to help push a polirical agenda I would soon be unemployed .

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most definitely a hypocrite.....but when someone feels the need to put out terms like 'bigot' or 'racist' without any certain proof...I call bullshit. Falling on (falsely) labelling others is just as bad as actually being a racist in the first place. Jones is a lot of things, but I haven't seen blatant racism or bigotry in action.

Having said that, he is everything that opposing fans want to see as the owner of the Cowboys. I can't see them winning anything as long as this dude is the owner.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's his team, he can do whatever he wants. There is no chance a lawsuit would hold up in court if a player were cut for kneeling. I'd bet every contract on the team has some sort of "conduct detrimental to the team" clause that Jerry could even get out of having to pay the non-guaranteed part, but he would just to avoid any lawsuits.

He who has the gold makes the rules. remember that

If a player gets for for failing to kneel I am pretty sure the NFLPA will file a grievance. However, all the Cowboys have to do if they are smart is to say he was cut because of his performance. That is a big if considering the ego of Jerry Jones who feels he is bigger than everyone.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a player gets for for failing to kneel I am pretty sure the NFLPA will file a grievance. However, all the Cowboys have to do if they are smart is to say he was cut because of his performance. That is a big if considering the ego of Jerry Jones who feels he is bigger than everyone.

Grieve all you want, the owner can terminate the contract at any time. There is NOTHING saying that an owner isn't allowed to dictate who is on his team.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should I NOT being sitting down while commenting on this thread? Will this piss off Jones?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beat women, Do Drugs, F the Police = Pay Raise

but damnit! I draw the line at kneeling!!!!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beat women, Do Drugs, F the Police = Pay Raise

but damnit! I draw the line at kneeling!!!!

Yes. Kneeling hurts viewership and revenue. Those others don't.

Pretty simple.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Kneeling hurts viewership and revenue. Those others don't.

Pretty simple.

It does. However.... If Jones truly believes what comes out of his mouth then take off your damn hat during the anthem... Can't have it both ways