• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why is Caitlin Clark Different?

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can,t see how the Olympic team did,nt take cc or reese if winning is the goal.
I don’t know if you read the rest of the thread or not, but there’s some good discussion (and some stupid, tHoop after all) about reasons for why, although I don’t know if Reese was touched on much.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know if you read the rest of the thread or not, but there’s some good discussion (and some stupid, tHoop after all) about reasons for why, although I don’t know if Reese was touched on much.
I can,t stand her.i still envy her talent though.still can,t see how either was,nt picked.if the talent is so good on there they were,nt,gonna roll over everybody with ease.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but those pros respected him as a player it seemed.he would,nt have got that if he did,nt belong.

He most definitely did not belong on that team filled with all time greats.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same. Internet, yes please. Social media? Meh. I consider bulletin boards like this different from social media anyway. Just like YouTube isn't the same as Twitch, Instagram, etc.

Never had or wanted a Myspace or Facebook account. Isn't it time for the next iteration? Facebook seems ancient in internet years.
I believe the kids (like my kids) have moved on to TikTok from FB and IG

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can,t see how the Olympic team did,nt take cc or reese if winning is the goal.

They would've been end of the bench reserves essentially, and we've seen how much chatter Caitlin's fan base makes. Imagine the whining from them if she rode the pine for the vast majority of the Olympics? Not worth the distraction. Their times will come, and soon.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that this thread is at 23 pages is astonishing.

At the end of the day, it's still the WNBA.

Which means .....

It's not near as important as people are making it out to be.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Candace Parker being left off the 2016 team was a FAR BIGGER snub than CC.

LOL.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To an extent...yes.

The funny thing is...this is very much like what happened with Magic and Bird.

You had 2 very hyped rookies coming into an attention starved league after generating a ton of interest in the NCAA tournament and everyone said would dominate the league. Meanwhile, the veterans were saying "No they aren't".

They weren't even welcomed by their own teammates.

On the Lakers, Norm Nixon was saying "We already nave a point guard, me", Kareem was saying "He's not taking over my team" and Birds teammates were saying "We're gonna put this white boy in his place". Then they had to prove it to the rest of the league.

The differences?

Social media wasn't a thing yet.

Magic and Bird actually started living up to the hype almost immediately. Outside of some flashes here and there...Clark hasn't.
Magic told a funny story the other night on Kimmel.

About getting punched in the back of head as a rookie, in practice.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the big question for Caitlin Clark is, will she be able to make the WNBA profitable for the first time in history? I don’t really know myself, I still haven’t watched a game. Maybe if the second child is a girl, I might get interested in the WNBA in about 10 or so years.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a WNBA board? Is the nation really going to start watching? Being from CT, I've been "watching" top level girls basketball for 20 years... It never translated (or transferred to the WNBA)... Will people really start watching now?

Nah … not every WNBA fan is a lesbian, but every lesbian is a WNBA fan … Clark is straight … so … no

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't know why she's on the team. As others have pointed out, she hasn't even played this season.

She's 6'9", a top 5 center when healthy and has international experience which are the only "basketball reasons" that I can think of.

Aja Wilson is the best center.

Griner has alot of international exoerience over seas.....given the fact of all the prison time there.......lol

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She's on a terrible team and has had limited practice time, while playing against the best teams in the league.

Shes on a terrible cause the Fever were one of the very worst in the league ladt year,thats what happens when your picked no.1.....

as far as no time to practice and playing against best teams in the league......??

Its no different than any of the other teams in the league........

Just sayin.......

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fever of one
Shes on a terrible cause the Fever were one of the very worst in the league ladt year,thats what happens when your picked no.1.....

as far as no time to practice and playing against best teams in the league......??

Just sayin.......
The fever just played their best game, have won three of four, and four of six.

No it's not like every other team in the league. Caitlin had to go from college to the pros in just a short period of time, and the Fever opened up playing more games then the other teams and against the league's top competition.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just sayin.......

Actually, it has been a bit different.

The Fever played 11 games in the first 20 days of the season. I don't think anyone else played that many. The Sparks, for example, played 8 games over that span.

Also, given when Clarks NCAA season ended and the WNBA season starts, she went from the college season to training camp to 11 games in 20 says in a very short period of time.