• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeremy Lin to the Lakers

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the report that stated Bazemore accepted the deal but didn't sign presented to him by the Lakers was incorrect because he signed with the Hawks who probably gave him a better deal.

His deal with the Hawks was a fully guaranteed 2yr/$4 mil. That isn't much money & Lakers could have easily matched if they wanted to.

Last edited by a moderator:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot of "pie in the sky" dreaming going on in this thread.

Bazemore - Signed with the Hawks.
Monroe - RFA - Unless the Lakers overpay near max for him, Det will match.
Gasol - A sign & trade with the Bulls will just bring you some 2nd round picks or maybe a 1st round later in the future & Boozer.
Ariza/Deng - Likely signing with a playoff/contender team like Mia/Was/Hou/Dal.

I do like the Lin trade for the Lakers. All it cost them is some cap space & they received a bottom 1/3 1st round pick in return. It's not a glamorous move, but for a team with not many assets, it's a good move.

If that's Houston's pick, it's gonna be 20+... We don't need that shit... Go after Bledsoe, go after Bosh, Ariza, Monroe, Deng, Parsons... Fuck Lin and that pick, now we can't get anybody on that list... If we target them day 1 we might have gotten 2... Instead we get Lin and a 20+ pick and another year of shit bird ball... Why the hell do you sign Kobe to all that money just to shit the season away...? Because they bank on us to say, I'll support my team no matter what... Well that is bullshit... I support the team, but I don't like being shitted on because little buss has an ego problem... Where is the coach...? We finally run Pau off, for what...? Why not trade him to Minnesota when we had the chance...? Derrick Williams and a pick...? Now we get a fuck off for him... This offseason fucking sucks!!!:L

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His deal with the Hawks was a fully guaranteed 2yr/$4 mil. That isn't much money & Lakers could have easily matched if they wanted to.

Then we let Bazemore walk for 4mil 2 years...?:doh: I'd rather him than Lin and that pick... Lin is a sub par shooter and a terrible defender... Bazemore is the exact opposite and WAY cheaper...:L

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's Houston's pick, it's gonna be 20+... We don't need that shit... Go after Bledsoe, go after Bosh, Ariza, Monroe, Deng, Parsons... Fuck Lin and that pick, now we can't get anybody on that list... If we target them day 1 we might have gotten 2... Instead we get Lin and a 20+ pick and another year of shit bird ball... Why the hell do you sign Kobe to all that money just to shit the season away...? Because they bank on us to say, I'll support my team no matter what... Well that is bullshit... I support the team, but I don't like being shitted on because little buss has an ego problem... Where is the coach...? We finally run Pau off, for what...? Why not trade him to Minnesota when we had the chance...? Derrick Williams and a pick...? Now we get a fuck off for him... This offseason fucking sucks!!!:L

Bledsoe is an RFA. Phoenix is willing to pay max to match any offer & have plenty of cap space to do so. Parsons & Monroe are also RFA. You are unlikely to get those guys even if you agree to pay them max. Ariza/Deng want good money & to play for contenders.

The best thing the Lakers can do is not tie up cap space beyond 2014. The potential 2015 FA class is one of the better ones, top to bottom, in the last decade.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bledsoe is an RFA. Phoenix is willing to pay max to match any offer & have plenty of cap space to do so. Parsons & Monroe are also RFA. You are unlikely to get those guys even if you agree to pay them max. Ariza/Deng want good money & to play for contenders.

The best thing the Lakers can do is not tie up cap space beyond 2014. The potential 2015 FA class is one of the better ones, top to bottom, in the last decade.

The Suns just sign Isiah Thomas, I'm sure they wouldn't resign Bledsoe if Lakers offer big money... Parsons just signed to the Mavs, Lakers gave them a way to resign him by taking Lin... With the emergence of Drummond and Smith looking more like a 4, Monroe could be had... My biggest problem was not using that #7 pick as a trade chip... Lakers had moves to make and Lin shouldn't have been one of them... Bron and Melo should have been ignored... Let's be realistic, neither of them are coming with no coach nor a roster... 2015 class is going to be what it is, but that's what last year was about, or so we were told...

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Suns just sign Isiah Thomas, I'm sure they wouldn't resign Bledsoe if Lakers offer big money... Parsons just signed to the Mavs, Lakers gave them a way to resign him by taking Lin... With the emergence of Drummond and Smith looking more like a 4, Monroe could be had... My biggest problem was not using that #7 pick as a trade chip... Lakers had moves to make and Lin shouldn't have been one of them... Bron and Melo should have been ignored... Let's be realistic, neither of them are coming with no coach nor a roster... 2015 class is going to be what it is, but that's what last year was about, or so we were told...

You would be wrong. The Suns had $37 mil to spend. Thomas was brought in to be the backup PG for Bledsoe & Dragic. The Suns have spent a total of $15 mil so far. Bledsoe will cost then $14 mil max. They have no problem matching a max offer.

The Lakers were a long shot to make the playoffs with or without Gasol or Melo. The west is just too stacked right now. The Lakers did the right thing by taking Lin for a season & acquiring a 2015 1st round pick, which they didn't have before the trade. They would be smart to do the same thing with Boozler if they can get another future 1st round pick out of it.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't want to move Kobe to SF anyway, my dream scenario for this season as of right now is Monroe, Randle, Ariza, Kobe and Lin.

Ariza would bring much needed perimeter defense.

Hate to burst your bubble, but I doubt that happens.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would be wrong. The Suns had $37 mil to spend. Thomas was brought in to be the backup PG for Bledsoe & Dragic. The Suns have spent a total of $15 mil so far. Bledsoe will cost then $14 mil max. They have no problem matching a max offer.

The Lakers were a long shot to make the playoffs with or without Gasol or Melo. The west is just too stacked right now. The Lakers did the right thing by taking Lin for a season & acquiring a 2015 1st round pick, which they didn't have before the trade. They would be smart to do the same thing with Boozler if they can get another future 1st round pick out of it.

The draft pick is the only reason they made that trade. He's a slight upgrade over Marshall (2nd or 3rd string PG on a good team) and the corpse of Steve Nash.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You fellows understand that if we finish next year in the lottery and get in the top five, we will have two number one picks in 2015? That pick to Phoenix is top-five protected and now that we have Houston's we COULD have two number ones in 2015!

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You fellows understand that if we finish next year in the lottery and get in the top five, we will have two number one picks in 2015? That pick to Phoenix is top-five protected and now that we have Houston's we COULD have two number ones in 2015!

It would take another Kobe season ending injury & an epic tank job to finish in the bottom 5. Utah, Philly, Mil, Orl, Bos, & Det are all going to be awful again. Or you could get gifted a top 3 spot by Adam Silver. It's not like draft lotto's are done by chance or luck.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would take another Kobe season ending injury & an epic tank job to finish in the bottom 5. Utah, Philly, Mil, Orl, Bos, & Det are all going to be awful again. Or you could get gifted a top 3 spot by Adam Silver. It's not like draft lotto's are done by chance or luck.

Yep, the only way we get top 5 is luck in the lottery. But I'm not even sure if we will make the lottery? With Kobe healthy, I think we compete for the 7-8 spot next year, and possibly gift ourselves a meaningless 1st round exit.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we are the only two in this boat...

Lin is garbage and watching turnovers is not fun unless its an apple pie contest. If Houston forms a "big 3", the first round pick will be very low... We will see how Randle pans out but the last time they actually drafted a solid player, correct me if im wrong, was Eddie Jones, Right?

For the second time this trade has nothing to do with having Lin on the Lakers. Its a late 1st round pick and cap space. Accept because there is more of the same coming.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You obviously dont get it. The Lakers arent going to win anytime soon. Cap space and picks is the direction to go now. Bosh, Ariza, Parsons, Deng werent going to put the Lakers in the NBA Finals. Geez :L

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You obviously dont get it. The Lakers arent going to win anytime soon. Cap space and picks is the direction to go now. Bosh, Ariza, Parsons, Deng werent going to put the Lakers in the NBA Finals. Geez :L

Exactly. Signing a few mid tier FAs wasn't turning this team into a contender. So this was the expected path having missed out on Melo and Bron. Their short term reload plan was blown out the water with the CP3 BS and Dwight bolting. Acquire some assets now and try again next summer for a big fish. Patience is a virtue.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Signing a few mid tier FAs wasn't turning this team into a contender. So this was the expected path having missed out on Melo and Bron. Their short term reload plan was blown out the water with the CP3 BS and Dwight bolting. Acquire some assets now and try again next summer for a big fish. Patience is a virtue.

The Lakers are actually setting themselves nicely for the future. The moves that have been made are all moves that create even more cap flexibility and add picks.

Lin is on an expiring $15 million dollar contract, but only $8.4 mil counts vs. the cap. If he does well, the Lakers can keep him at a greatly reduced rate. If not, they let him go. Either way, they get a 1st round pick.

Hill was signed to a 2 year deal with a team option on the 2nd year. So it's basically a 1 year deal.

Swaggy P was signed for 4 years at $5mil per year. That doesn't effect cap much and is also easily tradeable if necessary.

If the proposed sign and trade between the Bulls and Lakers is truly Boozer and a pick for Pau. The Lakers get a solid vet on an expiring contract and another pick. As with Lin, if Boozer proves valuable, they can bring him back on a reduced salary. If not, let him go and they still get a pick out of it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers get everyone they want and still can't win a chip. :whistle:

:lol: at Clippers fans. Got the players they wanted, got arguably the deepest bench in the league, got the coach they wanted.......................got bounced in the 2nd round..............again.

But hey, they can always hang more "selfie banners".:suds:

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But hey, they can always hang more "selfie banners

Boo-ya....they'll always be Lakers' stepchild; hate that they signed Farmar tho

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lakers are actually setting themselves nicely for the future. The moves that have been made are all moves that create even more cap flexibility and add picks.

Lin is on an expiring $15 million dollar contract, but only $8.4 mil counts vs. the cap. If he does well, the Lakers can keep him at a greatly reduced rate. If not, they let him go. Either way, they get a 1st round pick.

Hill was signed to a 2 year deal with a team option on the 2nd year. So it's basically a 1 year deal.

Swaggy P was signed for 4 years at $5mil per year. That doesn't effect cap much and is also easily tradeable if necessary.

If the proposed sign and trade between the Bulls and Lakers is truly Boozer and a pick for Pau. The Lakers get a solid vet on an expiring contract and another pick. As with Lin, if Boozer proves valuable, they can bring him back on a reduced salary. If not, let him go and they still get a pick out of it.

Oh I get it... I'm not okay with it... That's the difference... Kobe was signed to a dumbass deal with a promise that we win now... Picking the 7 pick and allowing all the good free agents to go to "contenders" is bullshit, I don't care how you all want to spin it... For you guys to pretend to be like 1) you're okay with this shit 2) I'm wrong for being pissed 3) trust buss is pretty funny... So let's see, the new plan is let all the 1 year deals expire draft a late 20 player and hope to sign a player... Nice... Sounds like the plan this year... Worked out great... Most of you said I was dumb for wanting Rondo because he can't shoot, Lin can't shoot... Most of you hate on Pau, Pau is wanted by contenders because he's still a beast...

Don't try to play me like I'm dumb... I know what the "plan" is, I just don't like being passive when you're arguably the greatest franchise in SPORTS... Or how about not offer Kobe half of your payroll and say we are looking to win now... Or how about simply be honest with the fans...? :noidea: