• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeremy Lin to the Lakers

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good ole days for Clippers fans is watching their team get out of the first round.

No, it's watching our team get to the playoffs.

In my 20 plus years, that hasn't been a common occurrence.

So, it's nice to not have to worry about that anymore.

Our year no longer begins, and ends, with the Draft Lottery.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. it was one thing to miss out on Carmelo and LeBron.. taking on lin's contract was a waste...up and coming isiah Thomas had lakers 1st on his list. giving Jordan hill 9 mil a year was a reach. in my opinion none of those star level free agents in 2015 are going to choose the lakers if they don't have someone to carry the load on the roster...maybe if kobe is able to still avg 27+ points a game...unlikely tho.

there was still players like greg Monroe, ariza, deng, earlier on kyle lowry, greivis Vasquez. even with the lin trade...where does that pick end up 25 or so?

I don't think killing future cap flexibility for those players is worth it though. I don't think that's enough to seriously contend. I'm glad they didn't spend on Thomas. Midget score first PGs who can't play D aren't worth it.

For next summer, if Randle turns out to be a really good player, that's a positive on the roster. If Kobe proves healthy and still really good, that's another positive piece. Things may not be so dismal.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think killing future cap flexibility for those players is worth it though. I don't think that's enough to seriously contend. I'm glad they didn't spend on Thomas. Midget score first PGs who can't play D aren't worth it.

For next summer, if Randle turns out to be a really good player, that's a positive on the roster. If Kobe proves healthy and still really good, that's another positive piece. Things may not be so dismal.

I think Dragic should be their target.

He fits the Lakers style of play and is fantastic.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can see it either way I guess. im curious to see kobes stance on the roster...maybe he stands pat right now...if they strike out again next year...one of the guys on espn was saying about half of them will probably make a deal in season...so list looks even smaller...and like I said earlier...these high quality free agents are looking at roster before agreeing to a team.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the more reason we should find our own talent and develop them just like players are looking to play in GS with people like Klay Thompson.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. it was one thing to miss out on Carmelo and LeBron.. taking on lin's contract was a waste...up and coming isiah Thomas had lakers 1st on his list. giving Jordan hill 9 mil a year was a reach. in my opinion none of those star level free agents in 2015 are going to choose the lakers if they don't have someone to carry the load on the roster...maybe if kobe is able to still avg 27+ points a game...unlikely tho.

there was still players like greg Monroe, ariza, deng, earlier on kyle lowry, greivis Vasquez. even with the lin trade...where does that pick end up 25 or so?

They won't get Love or Aldridge.

They won't get any of the 3 Spurs, Parker, Duncan and Manu.

I don't know if M Gasol would consider them.

But, Rondo, Dragic, Hibbert, West, Al Jefferson, Tyson Chandler, Brook Lopez, Aaron Aflao, DeAndre Jordan?

They could easily land 2 guys on this list.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, Rondo, Dragic, Hibbert, West, Al Jefferson, Tyson Chandler, Brook Lopez, Aaron Aflao, DeAndre Jordan?

Not even thinking about Aldridge. I think he's already mentioned extending with Portland.

Love isn't completely out of the picture yet.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

of that list the only solid players to me are dragic, and al Jefferson...possibly deandre Jordan...im sure first objection is rondo...but just haven't been a fan...to me his jumper struggles bring his value down.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even thinking about Aldridge. I think he's already mentioned extending with Portland.

Love isn't completely out of the picture yet.

I think it depends on what team Love is traded to.

I think Love and Rondo end up on the same team in 2015.

Could be with the Lakers.

Could be with the Knicks.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it depends on what team Love is traded to.

I think Love and Rondo end up on the same team in 2015.

Could be with the Lakers.

Could be with the Knicks.

I don't think any team will trade for love without him committing to resigning.

only shot he has of landing on lakers is if he doesn't get traded at all and flip saunders takes chance thinking he can resign him

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of that list the only solid players to me are dragic, and al Jefferson...possibly deandre Jordan...im sure first objection is rondo...but just haven't been a fan...to me his jumper struggles bring his value down.

Yeah, Rondo needs to be surrounded by scorers.

I thought he'd be a match made in Heaven with Houston.

But, Harden probably wouldn't be happy giving up the ball.

He'd be money if he and Love signed with the Knicks next summer.

He'd average 15 dimes a game feeding Melo and Love.

However, I agree with you.

I think Dragic and Jefferson would be the perfect players to bring to Lakerland.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think any team will trade for love without him committing to resigning.

only shot he has of landing on lakers is if he doesn't get traded at all and flip saunders takes chance thinking he can resign him

That's the problem with Love. If he doesn't make it to free agency next summer, the Lakers have no shot of getting him.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think no matter what, cap space needs to be there in 2016 for a chance at Durant. Perfect timing for Kobe coming off the books.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the problem with Love. If he doesn't make it to free agency next summer, the Lakers have no shot of getting him.

I don't think Aldridge nor Love will sign this offseason, nor during the season, no matter where they land.

If I'm not mistaken, they only get the 5 year DRose deal in the Summer.

Teams are just looking for a verbal agreement.

Love wants to go to his destination of choice now because the team will have his bird rights.

If he just walks there as a free agent, he only gets a 4 year deal.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Aldridge nor Love will sign this offseason, nor during the season, no matter where they land.

If I'm not mistaken, they only get the 5 year DRose deal in the Summer.

Teams are just looking for a verbal agreement.

Love wants to go to his destination of choice now because the team will have his bird rights.

If he just walks there as a free agent, he only gets a 4 year deal.

Love is still young though. I don't think he has to be that concerned about the extra year. The Lakers would surely extend him before the contract runs out.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love is still young though. I don't think he has to be that concerned about the extra year. The Lakers would surely extend him before the contract runs out.

But, that's not what he wants.

He and Aldridge want the Supermax.

He only wants to go NOW so that he can get the 5 year deal.

I have to look around to find the article re: this that is specific to Love.

But, here is what Aldridge said.

Aldridge, in the fifth and final year of a $65 million contract, is set to become a free agent next summer. The Oregonian reported that the Blazers offered a three-year, $55 million extension this offseason or that he could wait until next summer for a maximum five-year, $108 million contract extension.

Aldridge told The Oregonian that holding off extending his contract was what he termed a business decision.

"I don't want it to be perceived that I'm not happy or I'm not staying on because I'm not signing a three-year deal," he said. "It's just financially smarter to wait ... and I'm looking forward to signing the five-year deal when the chance comes."

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think no matter what, cap space needs to be there in 2016 for a chance at Durant. Perfect timing for Kobe coming off the books.

yeah that would be ideal..however I think theres a fine line of saving your cap space and not improving roster...you have to make your situation appealing to free agents...they don't want to come to potentially a worse situation. with Durant it would take a lot for him to leave westbrook and ibaka behind.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found it.

No matter what, Love is not signing an extension this year with anyone.

Teams are only going to get a verbal agreement that he will re'up in the Summer.

Even if Love were completely happy, it would not make complete financial sense to sign an extension to his current contract. The rules favor his letting it expire next summer and starting with a new deal. The same goes with any team Love would be traded to. This unquestionably limits his trade value because teams will be wary of trading for a player on the last year of his contract.
To elaborate a bit, the longest Love could be extended now is for three more years (through 2017-18) whereas if he were to opt out and sign with a team next year he could sign through 2018-19 or re-sign with the Wolves through 2019-20.

As Stein and Shelbourne noted in their article, that's a difference of about $30 million if he goes elsewhere and somewhere around $45 million+ if he were to re-sign with Minnesota and take advantage of his Bird rights. We have to assume that will factor into the decision of a player who has already had his share of injury problems and probably understands how any future injuries could hurt his value (or any player's for that matter).

Sure, Love might b desperate to get out of Minnesota, but expecting him to push to do so this summer at the expense of a longer and more lucrative contract is an assumption that we don't have enough facts to support.