• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeremy Lin to the Lakers

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe gave up with the possibility of a championship title when he signed off on 48 million for two years and so did the Lakers. Now the Lakers are playing the waiting game with their draft picks to grow up and making a lucky trade plus a lucky acquisition

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lin means nothing really but I like the guy and am happy for him living his dream.

and I love the sports world humor Of Farmar moving from one team to another in the same building LOL

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Lin is a nice business decision for an already profitable organization....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I get it... I'm not okay with it... That's the difference... Kobe was signed to a dumbass deal with a promise that we win now... Picking the 7 pick and allowing all the good free agents to go to "contenders" is bullshit, I don't care how you all want to spin it... For you guys to pretend to be like 1) you're okay with this shit 2) I'm wrong for being pissed 3) trust buss is pretty funny... So let's see, the new plan is let all the 1 year deals expire draft a late 20 player and hope to sign a player... Nice... Sounds like the plan this year... Worked out great... Most of you said I was dumb for wanting Rondo because he can't shoot, Lin can't shoot... Most of you hate on Pau, Pau is wanted by contenders because he's still a beast...

Don't try to play me like I'm dumb... I know what the "plan" is, I just don't like being passive when you're arguably the greatest franchise in SPORTS... Or how about not offer Kobe half of your payroll and say we are looking to win now... Or how about simply be honest with the fans...? :noidea:

The Lakers gave it their best effort to get what they need to win now. Kobe even said himself, that's all he can ask for. Lebron, who was never coming anyway, at least let the Lakers in the room but chose Cleveland. The "so-called experts" on ESPN literally laughed at the Lakers when they threw their hat in the ring to get 'Melo. They were shitting their pants for a few days when the Lakers emerged as the top threat to the Knicks. He ultimately chose the additional $25-30 million. Can't really blame him.

The Lakers have moved to a solid plan B that leaves them cap flexibility for the next 2 seasons to add max FA's. Based on the signings so far. Next years team should be a bit better and should be fun to watch. It's not what we wanted for this year, but it's what we've got. As Mitch has preached, we just need to be patient.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta get that Asian girl fan base to show up to the games

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I get it... I'm not okay with it... That's the difference... Kobe was signed to a dumbass deal with a promise that we win now... Picking the 7 pick and allowing all the good free agents to go to "contenders" is bullshit, I don't care how you all want to spin it... For you guys to pretend to be like 1) you're okay with this shit 2) I'm wrong for being pissed 3) trust buss is pretty funny... So let's see, the new plan is let all the 1 year deals expire draft a late 20 player and hope to sign a player... Nice... Sounds like the plan this year... Worked out great... Most of you said I was dumb for wanting Rondo because he can't shoot, Lin can't shoot... Most of you hate on Pau, Pau is wanted by contenders because he's still a beast...

Don't try to play me like I'm dumb... I know what the "plan" is, I just don't like being passive when you're arguably the greatest franchise in SPORTS... Or how about not offer Kobe half of your payroll and say we are looking to win now... Or how about simply be honest with the fans...? :noidea:

Wow...this is Harsh.

But, you are spot on.

The Buss kids have turned this proud franchise into a laughing stock.

Until Kobe's ATROCIOUS contract comes off the books, the Lakers are in a tough spot.

This will be another wasted year. But, there really is a light at the end of the tunnel after that.

Net summer they have a legit shot at signing a decent Free Agent simply based on supply and demand.

There are so many guys on the market next year that one or two decent players will happily take their money.

But, it won't be any tier one guys like Aldridge/Love.

I could see them landing a guy like Rondo, who when healthy, would be a top pg.

But, they will have stiff competition for his services with the Knicks.

Love, Aldridge, M. Gasol, Hibbert, West, Brook Lopez, Afflao, Ellis, Duncan, Milsap, Dragic, Tyson Chandler, DeAndre Jordan, Ginobli are all UFA's next summer.

Of those guys listed, the only one's I'd say the Lakers won't have a shot at are the Spurs players, Aldridge and Love, depending on where he is traded.

So, there is hope.....as long as they don't muddle up the cap room:gaah:.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: at Clippers fans. Got the players they wanted, got arguably the deepest bench in the league, got the coach they wanted.......................got bounced in the 2nd round..............again.

But hey, they can always hang more "selfie banners".:suds:

Don't forget the 48 point beating they hung on the Lakers.

You have the past.

We have the present.

Good luck chasing ping-pong balls:laugh3:.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have the past.

We have the present.

The present?!? Congrats on the 2nd round exit because that's the present. Expect another one next season.

Good luck with the new selfie banners though.:lol:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The present?!? Congrats on the 2nd round exit because that's the present. Expect another one next season.

Good luck with the new selfie banners though.:lol:

TY!

Good luck with the draft next year.

I'm sure that 20th pick you get from Houston will land you another solid D-Leaguer.

But, it's all you have to work with considering you'll miss the playoffs, AGAIN, and have to give your pick to the Suns for the Ghost of Steve Nash:doh:.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TY!

Good luck with the draft next year.

I'm sure that 20th pick you get from Houston will land you another solid D-Leaguer.

But, it's all you have to work with considering you'll miss the playoffs, AGAIN, and have to give your pick to the Suns for the Ghost of Steve Nash:doh:.

If they do miss the playoffs, they could keep that pick if it ends up top 5.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have the past.

We have the present.

The Clippers should make that into a banner.

Congrats on beating the worst Lakers team since Shaq left, I'm sure it means a lot to you.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. it was one thing to miss out on Carmelo and LeBron.. taking on lin's contract was a waste...up and coming isiah Thomas had lakers 1st on his list. giving Jordan hill 9 mil a year was a reach. in my opinion none of those star level free agents in 2015 are going to choose the lakers if they don't have someone to carry the load on the roster...maybe if kobe is able to still avg 27+ points a game...unlikely tho.

there was still players like greg Monroe, ariza, deng, earlier on kyle lowry, greivis Vasquez. even with the lin trade...where does that pick end up 25 or so?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they do miss the playoffs, they could keep that pick if it ends up top 5.

Sure.

But, that's based on luck.

If healthy, do you see this Laker team in the Bottom 5 of the NBA?

I don't.

They could have no better than the 6th pick with Philly, Orlando, Bucks, Jazz, Boston fielding such terrible rosters.

I also see them being better than the Kings and Minny when they trade Love.

Unless Kobe is broken, the Lakers picking top 5 is a pipedream...imo

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wlk on fire! Listen, I don't think anyone is thrilled about the situation. We would much rather watch a contender. I'd rather keep that cap flexibility for next summer though than commit multiple years to the Deng, Ariza types. Without getting Lebron or Melo, I'm not sure they can field a legit contender anyway.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure.

But, that's based on luck.

If healthy, do you see this Laker team in the Bottom 5 of the NBA?

I don't.

They could have no better than the 6th pick with Philly, Orlando, Bucks, Jazz, Boston fielding such terrible rosters.

I also see them being better than the Kings and Minny when they trade Love.

Unless Kobe is broken, the Lakers picking top 5 is a pipedream...imo

Kinder lottery this time :noidea:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clippers should make that into a banner.

Congrats on beating the worst Lakers team since Shaq left, I'm sure it means a lot to you.

No.

Having Chris Paul, BG32, Redick, Hawes, Jordan, Crawford means a lot to me.

You guys can keep on reminiscing about the good ole days.

I'll just continue to be hopeful about the present and the future.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

That Hawes selfie will look sweeeeeet!!:lol:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinder lottery this time :noidea:

Well, it worked 3 out of the last 4 years for the Cavs.

So, it's not impossible.

I think Jahill Okafor will be the big prize next Summer.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

The good ole days for Clippers fans is watching their team get out of the first round.