• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeff Garcia question

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just a question yes, no, maybe

If Jeff Garcia and the old teams the Niners had from 98 and early 2000's would have stayed intact would he be a Super Bowl winning quarterback and how many would he have won?

I say he would have 1 Superbowl

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the '98 team with Steve Young could have won the SB if Hearst didn't get hurt.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the '98 team with Steve Young could have won the SB if Hearst didn't get hurt.

more like if we kept shanahan and he drafted davis. not to mention shanahan took mccaffrey to denver while we trade up for slowkes.

deion gave us a super bowl, but saved siefarts job which killed our chances at a run of super bowls!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If Jeff Garcia and the old teams the Niners had from 98 and early 2000's would have stayed intact would he be a Super Bowl winning quarterback

They did stay in tact for the most part. And no. Steve Mariucci was a goober. The Niners' head coaches from Siefert to sing make me appreciate Harbaugh all the more.

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Steve Young hurt us in that game with the falcons with 3 INT's. Not saying Garcia would have done better, just saying that Young just never had it come playoff time. Minus '94 of course.

I think it would have been interesting to see Garcia at his peak in with those late 90's 49er teams.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Young hurt us in that game with the falcons with 3 INT's. Not saying Garcia would have done better, just saying that Young just never had it come playoff time. Minus '94 of course.

I think it would have been interesting to see Garcia at his peak in with those late 90's 49er teams.

And you are now dead to me.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you really just say that? :nono:

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

True - True

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Alright, so he was 8-6 all time in the playoffs. There were some tough ones against the Packers that could have gone either way.

I dont think so. The playoff games vs. the Packers in '95 and '97 (he played one series in '96..would it have mattered? I doubt it), Steve Young had ZERO Td passes and 3 INTS. Perhaps those games would have swung the other way if he wasnt handing it to the other team. As I already stated, he had 3 INTs vs. the Falcons in 98..thats after having two Ints vs. the Packers the week before. One of those was in the red zone. Even going back to '92 in the playoff game vs. the skins he had 4 (FOUR) turnovers in that win and followed that up with 2 INT's the next week in the loss to the Cowboys.

More food for thought, Young never won back to back playoff games except for in that 94 season.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think so. The playoff games vs. the Packers in '95 and '97 (he played one series in '96..would it have mattered? I doubt it), Steve Young had ZERO Td passes and 3 INTS. Perhaps those games would have swung the other way if he wasnt handing it to the other team. As I already stated, he had 3 INTs vs. the Falcons in 98..thats after having two Ints vs. the Packers the week before. One of those was in the red zone. Even going back to '92 in the playoff game vs. the skins he had 4 (FOUR) turnovers in that win and followed that up with 2 INT's the next week in the loss to the Cowboys.

More food for thought, Young never won back to back playoff games except for in that 94 season.

Against the packers, in 95', Steve young accounted for 390 yards of the total 395 (Young had 77 rushing yards and 308 net passing yards). Steve should of played some defense too.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
In '97 he lost Rice & Hearst RIGHT Before the playoffs. The Niners beat up on the soon-to-be SB champs in the regular season with 'em healthy so badly the only thing they could think to do was spit on JJ Stokes.

Oh, and losing BY in '98 was even worse than losing Hearst.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Which game did young play with broken ribs?

I don't like the criticism.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Young one of the better Qb's to play the game and won a SB and set SB records wasnt good in the post season? Hahah wow this guy is a clown

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero. Jeff Garcia wasn't that great of a QB. He just kind of held on for the T.O. ride in the same sense that Daunte Culpepper held on for the Randy Moss ride.

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Steve Young one of the better Qb's to play the game and won a SB and set SB records wasnt good in the post season? Hahah wow this guy is a clown

Sure he was good. But he sure as hell wasnt great in the post season. Especially not for what he had around him. We would have beat Dallas in '92 had Montana played in that game..just so you know.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow. Do you even remember the Falcons game? Remind yourself of when Hearst was hurt. Then remind yourself who the backup RB was. Then ask yourself if that made us one dimensional.