• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jaylon Smith gets contract extension

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm calling BS. I don't even think you understand what you are arguing. I think you are just shaking your pom poms.

Show me the year where they entered into 4 or more new contracts in which they allocated the signing bonus over 5 years even though it was a 3 years contract outside of the last year couple of years.

Roseman has been doing this every year.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this and hope it was a troll job by the joneses on dak and zeke

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roseman has been doing this every year.
Then it should be easy. Give me the year outside of the last couple where they entered into 4 or more contracts of 3 years or less in length and in those contracts allocated the signing bonus over 5 years.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then it should be easy. Give me the year outside of the last couple where they entered into 4 or more contracts of 3 years or less in length and in those contracts allocated the signing bonus over 5 years.

It is easy, go look it up yourself. I'm at work, I'm not doing research for you.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is not even possible. If the deal is 3 years the max the signing bonus can be prorated is 3 years. That is just common sense.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only lied about still living in Texas, all the rest is true but a moron like you just can't handle it like the more mature folks on SportsHoopla. You are the only one with a problem as most folks laugh about it.
I didn't know you lied about where you live. What is even the point of that? All kidding aside, that is pretty lame.

When are you going to spill the beans about being a Packers fan?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way this isn't horribly stupid and disastrous is if (I think PE mentioned this one time) there is an uncapped year and the league doesn't penalize teams for this type of behavior. Based on what they did last time I'm sure they won't allow it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where you been? He's been out for two weeks. Party line is he will be ready for week 1.

I'm sure he will play week 1 but my worry is it bothers him all year.

Yeah sounds like he had to deal with this before.... That's got to be a bitch to deal with as a wide out.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah sounds like he had to deal with this before.... That's got to be a bitch to deal with as a wide out.
Agree. They are acting as if this is not a big deal, but I think it is a huge issue. He even alluded to dealing with it in the past which makes me think he sees it as a possibility. He may have had 1,000 yards last time he had the issue, but the key isn't being OK with it, the key is being 100% Amari Cooper or not with it. Plus, was it as bad last time

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where you been? He's been out for two weeks. Party line is he will be ready for week 1.

I'm sure he will play week 1 but my worry is it bothers him all year.

I have plantar fasciitis.....that shit is no joke when it flairs up but it is treatable. When it flairs up just walking is very painful. I get a cortisone injection in each foot it and it pretty much takes away all the pain. Being a receiver he may have some issues but I think with the right treatment it should be a non-issue.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know you lied about where you live. What is even the point of that? All kidding aside, that is pretty lame.

When are you going to spill the beans about being a Packers fan?
I was born and raised in Denton, Texas but moved to Wisconsin about 6 years ago but I didn't tell anyone on SportsHoopla. My wife is from Wisconsin and an avid Packers fan while I'm a Cowboys fan. I do believe Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL so if that makes me a Packers fan in your eyes then so be it.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way this isn't horribly stupid and disastrous is if (I think PE mentioned this one time) there is an uncapped year and the league doesn't penalize teams for this type of behavior. Based on what they did last time I'm sure they won't allow it.

Jarntt I don’t think any of us Eagle fans are waving Pom poms. One of the strong points of our organization is they’ve long been ahead of the curve when it comes to cap issues. I’ve said before I don’t think Howie is the best GM but I do think he’s absolutely fantastic at circumventing the cap. This has been mentioned over and over by many different sources but for some reason you want to refute it. Things will be different (and tighter) now that we gave Wentz 32 per and it will be the same once Dak gets his. Philly now is what Dallas will be in 2 years once all those big deals get signed. We have everyone signed and no one of big importance coming next year.
I just don’t put much stock into cap problems these days. Every team has it figured out. Dallas doesn’t need to let one guy walk. I’m sure they will figure it out. The Philly media is notoriously the toughest in the league and they are like wolves if they can bite into anyone and attack but all you hear is praise on Howie. He really is the best in the business at deals and cap economics (or among the best)