• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jay Cutler

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That trade happened because Josh McDaniels had just become the coach and didn't want to work with Cutler. He berated Cutler in their very first meeting, according to Ted Sundquist. Shanahan loved Cutler, and John Elway said that Cutler never would have been traded had he been in charge back then. The big question is why was McDaniels so against the idea of working with Cutler. But of course McDaniels was a complete failure as a head coach, and now admits that not building relationships with people was the reason why he failed. He says he will go in with a whole new attitude if he gets the chance to become a head coach again.

I'm calling bs on that. Source, please.

As for Cutler trade from Denver, both Cutler and McDaniels acted like freaking morons. If either of them had managed to not act like 5 year olds, they could have worked it out, but when you've got two ego maniacs who think they know it all and don't need any help, you're going to have problems.

Cutler may have finally grown up, but he was a whiny little girl in Denver and that's a big reason why he was traded.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm calling bs on that. Source, please.

As for Cutler trade from Denver, both Cutler and McDaniels acted like freaking morons. If either of them had managed to not act like 5 year olds, they could have worked it out, but when you've got two ego maniacs who think they know it all and don't need any help, you're going to have problems.

Cutler may have finally grown up, but he was a whiny little girl in Denver and that's a big reason why he was traded.

Calling BS? LOL, all you have to do is a quick google search. But I will give you a link anyway...

John Elway's a little too honest about Jay Cutler - CBSSports.com

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you don't believe me when I say Cutler was forced out of Denver by McDaniels, I will provide another link for you where Ted Sundquist confirms it...

Jay Cutler's rise and fall with Broncos, chronicled by Ted Sundquist

I'm not just making this stuff up. McDaniels never had any intention of working with Cutler, and John Elway said he would have done all he could to keep Cutler if he was in charge. The links are there for you to read. I'm not saying Cutler wasn't immature back then. He was, and he still was in his first few years in Chicago. But Cutler's attitude had nothing to do with the way he left Denver. It was all Josh McDaniels.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you don't believe me when I say Cutler was forced out of Denver by McDaniels, I will provide another link for you where Ted Sundquist confirms it...

I'm not just making this stuff up. McDaniels never had any intention of working with Cutler, and John Elway said he would have done all he could to keep Cutler if he was in charge. The links are there for you to read. I'm not saying Cutler wasn't immature back then. He was, and he still was in his first few years in Chicago. But Cutler's attitude had nothing to do with the way he left Denver. It was all Josh McDaniels.

First off Elway says in there that he wasn't in the middle of the situation and doesn't know Cutler so he isn't completely saying "If I were here he is for sure a Denver Bronco." He is saying that Cutler is a very talented player and one he would think is worth working with but at the same time he has never worked with him so hard to actually tell.

As for the Sundquist article you and I have discussed this in the past. That is hear say by a man that was fired when McDaniels came to town. So my guess is he is not exactly an objective observer of the entire situation. Of course Cutler's agent is going to paint McDaniels in a bad light in that situation. As I've shown before to you coaches and players have both spoke about the immaturity of Cutler and that he was a difficult person to work with. So even if all that is true from the experience in Denver he still has plenty of times in Chicago where players/coaches/media folk who have worked with him have all said he is a difficult person.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling BS? LOL, all you have to do is a quick google search. But I will give you a link anyway...

John Elway's a little too honest about Jay Cutler - CBSSports.com
You said, "John Elway said that Cutler never would have been traded had he been in charge back then." But that's not what your source says.

Asked by a radio station host if Cutler would still be a Bronco if he were in charge at the time, Elway said, “There’s a good possibility, yeah.

“I would say that. But I don’t know. I wasn’t in the middle of that. I didn’t know Jay real well.

So let me just help you out a little bit. Saying, "I don't know, but there's a good possibility" that he wouldn't have traded Cutler is not the same thing as saying "John Elway said that Cutler never would have been traded."

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't let this nimrod's love for Cutler get you riled up.

He is enamored by this underachieving QB and will believe what he wants to believe regardless.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You constantly infer things from articles that aren't there and use it to come to your conclusions, which inevitably come out wrong. I've read the Sundquist article, and Sundquist never said that McDaniels never had any intention of working with Cutler. That's you making something completely up out of nothing.

So what does the article actually say? That McDaniels berated Cutler, and Cutler left the meeting and told his agent, Cook, "Get me out of here. I don't care how you do it."

So both guys acted like children, like I said. Cutler seems to have matured, but he acted like an idiot during that whole fiasco, just like McDaniels.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't let this nimrod's love for Cutler get you riled up.

He is enamored by this underachieving QB and will believe what he wants to believe regardless.
No doubt. I used to have him on ignore when he would bash Manning and talk about how great Tebow was and how the Broncos were stupid for moving on from him. I thought he was just a troll. He does actually seem to have a love of the Broncos, though, I'll give him that much.

P.S. I miss your Elway av.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. Elway never flat out said that Cutler wouldn't have been traded, since he couldn't be 100% sure. However he did say "But I would have done everything I can." So you get the point I was making. Elway liked Cutler and would have tried hard to keep him.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. Elway never flat out said that Cutler wouldn't have been traded, since he couldn't be 100% sure. However he did say "But I would have done everything I can." So you get the point I was making. Elway liked Cutler and would have tried hard to keep him.
Correction: Elway liked his talent and would have tried to work with him, but since he didn't know him personally he can't really say if he would have kept him.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You constantly infer things from articles that aren't there and use it to come to your conclusions, which inevitably come out wrong. I've read the Sundquist article, and Sundquist never said that McDaniels never had any intention of working with Cutler. That's you making something completely up out of nothing.

So what does the article actually say? That McDaniels berated Cutler, and Cutler left the meeting and told his agent, Cook, "Get me out of here. I don't care how you do it."

So both guys acted like children, like I said. Cutler seems to have matured, but he acted like an idiot during that whole fiasco, just like McDaniels.

If it's true that McDaniels called in Cutler and his agent just to berate Cutler, it's pretty clear to me that McDaniels never had any intention of working with Cutler. If you want to work with a player, you don't berate him in a curse-filled rant in your very first meeting with him. But that's just my opinion. You're entitled to your opinion, and cdumler is entitled to his opinion that Sundquist can't be completely trusted in the comments he made since he could be biased.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correction: Elway liked his talent and would have tried to work with him, but since he didn't know him personally he can't really say if he would have kept him.
Elway said that he's the type of player you don't give up on as easily as the Broncos did. I went too far with what I said at first, since Elway couldn't be 100% sure. But my point is that Elway liked Cutler, thought McDaniels gave up on him too quickly, and would have done everything he could to try to keep him. You can see all the quotes in the article that I posted.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's true that McDaniels called in Cutler and his agent just to berate Cutler, it's pretty clear to me that McDaniels never had any intention of working with Cutler. If you want to work with a player, you don't berate him in a curse-filled rant in your very first meeting with him. But that's just my opinion. You're entitled to your opinion, and cdumler is entitled to his opinion that Sundquist can't be completely trusted in the comments he made since he could be biased.

You realize though that this wasn't unique to just Cutler. McDaniels has admitted since he got fired by the Broncos that he did not do a good job of building relationships. He tried to come in with an iron fist and the players did not respond well to it at all. We saw with Marshall a very similar situation where he and McDaniels did not get along at all. We saw with our DC of the time that he said he and McDaniels did not get along at all. So I don't think you can draw the conclusion that he was trying to get rid of Cutler. That was just McDaniels personality. My guess is the whole meeting has been sensationalized. My guess is he sat Cutler down and told him everything he saw wrong in his game. Cutler didn't like that as he is one that kind of likes his ego stroked a bit. My guess is that is closer to the truth of the meeting than him just going on some curse-filled rant hoping it would make Cutler want to leave.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway said that he's the type of player you don't give up on as easily as the Broncos did. I went too far with what I said at first, since Elway couldn't be 100% sure. But my point is that Elway liked Cutler, thought McDaniels gave up on him too quickly, and would have done everything he could to try to keep him. You can see all the quotes in the article that I posted.

Correction he liked the talent of Cutler. He said he doesn't know Cutler and wasn't a part of the situation at hand so he can't be 100% sure. All he saw was the arm talent and saw a QB that can do everything you would want. Every coach/analyst/fan has all said the same thing about Cutler. The issue has been more the mental makeup of the guy. That part of Cutler Elway never got to see.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. I used to have him on ignore when he would bash Manning and talk about how great Tebow was and how the Broncos were stupid for moving on from him. I thought he was just a troll. He does actually seem to have a love of the Broncos, though, I'll give him that much.

P.S. I miss your Elway av.
I admitted I was completely wrong about Tebow. Great kid, competitor and leader. But he just isn't an NFL QB. I admit my mistakes. I'm sold that Osweiler is gonna be a great QB for us for a long time. Hopefully I won't be wrong about that one too!

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TALENT. TALENT. Elway liked his TALENT. He didn't like Cutler, he didn't even know him.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize though that this wasn't unique to just Cutler. McDaniels has admitted since he got fired by the Broncos that he did not do a good job of building relationships. He tried to come in with an iron fist and the players did not respond well to it at all. We saw with Marshall a very similar situation where he and McDaniels did not get along at all. We saw with our DC of the time that he said he and McDaniels did not get along at all. So I don't think you can draw the conclusion that he was trying to get rid of Cutler. That was just McDaniels personality. My guess is the whole meeting has been sensationalized. My guess is he sat Cutler down and told him everything he saw wrong in his game. Cutler didn't like that as he is one that kind of likes his ego stroked a bit. My guess is that is closer to the truth of the meeting than him just going on some curse-filled rant hoping it would make Cutler want to leave.
Obviously we'll never know for sure what went on in that room. But knowing what a nutcase McD was and the fact that he couldn't build relationships back then, I will always give him most of the blame for what happened with Cutler.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDaniels was an idiot in Denver. So was Cutler. If either of them acted like adults, Cutler probably doesn't get traded. I don't think this is controversial.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TALENT. TALENT. Elway liked his TALENT. He didn't like Cutler, he didn't even know him.
Yes, I know. I never said that Elway liked Cutler's personality. Just that he would have done everything he could to keep Cutler because of his talent.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously we'll never know for sure what went on in that room. But knowing what a nutcase McD was and the fact that he couldn't build relationships back then, I will always give him most of the blame for what happened with Cutler.
You can worship Cutler all you want. To me he'll always be the clown that quit on the Broncos, disrespected Pat Bowlen, and trashed Broncos fans. I'll always root for him to fail.