• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jay Cutler

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW for people who think I'm going overboard in calling Cutler a good QB, you would not have wanted to listen to Sunday's Bears-Bucs broadcast. Matt Millen actually called Cutler an "elite" QB. The whole broadcast was a Cutler love-fest. So believe it or not, I'm not Cutler's biggest fan. I think he's better than most people give him credit for, but I don't agree with Matt Millen's opinion that Cutler is an elite QB.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler has played to a strong 92.8 rating despite his receivers being injured much of the season. So Cutler overcame obstacles to play good. Not great, but good. Wilson is GREAT. I'm not trying to argue that Cutler is in Wilson's league. I'm just supporting Cutler for the GOOD season he's having. He has taken SO much criticism in his career, so I think he deserves some credit for his improved play this season. It's amazing to me that people are trying to argue that a 92.8 rating isn't good. That has always been a top 10 rating except for the last 2 seasons. Cutler is playing very well and he has done it in a difficult situation (offense decimated by injuries).
I'm not arguing 92.8 is a bad rating. I'm arguing Cutler doesn't have the "it " factor. 11 years of mediocrity is evidence of that.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not arguing 92.8 is a bad rating. I'm arguing Cutler doesn't have the "it " factor. 11 years of mediocrity is evidence of that.

I can understand making the argument that Cutler doesn't have the "IT" factor, because he's made the playoffs only once in his career. But the odd thing is he's SO good at last minute game-winning drives. If there's 2 minutes left and you need him to go right down the field to tie or win the game, he does it almost every time. Even if he's had a bad game, he goes right down the field very easily in the last minute when you really need it. Heck there was a game this season where he had only a little over 20 SECONDS to go all the way down the field to get into FG range to tie the game, and he did it in that tiny amount of time. No one can deny that Cutler is CLUTCH when the game is on the line. He has 25 game winning drives already in his career! The guy plays great when the game is on the line. So how has he only made the playoffs once in his career? It really is amazing. I maintain that just plain bad luck is the biggest reason why he has missed the playoffs so much. Lots of bad teams and injuries. Eli Manning's 83.5 career passer rating is quite a bit lower than Cutler's rating, but he won Super Bowls. A lot of it is luck and having the right team around you. Again Cutler is NOT an elite QB, but his play has been more than good enough to make the playoffs a bunch of times if he had any luck at all.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was supposed to miss 2 to 5 weeks with a TORN hamstring. He came back after just 1 missed game, and saved the Bears' season with 2 great game winning drives. He did it with his top receivers and offensive linemen injured. He scrambled and ran on a bad hamstring. During the broadcast, John Lynch said that Cutler is one of the toughest players in the NFL. Never question this guy's toughness or courage. He really inspired his teammates the last 2 weeks. I know he's not an elite QB, but he's a good QB and one of the toughest players in the league. He takes way too much unfair criticism. I have a feeling the last several years of Jay's career under Fox/Gase are going to be the best years of his career. It looks like a very good fit. You can see the Bears are going to be a very good team under Fox when they get healthy.

He's doing a fine job in Miami - as far as NE is concerned.....

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler is pure shit

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2