• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jay Cutler Won't Vaccinate His Children

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but diabetes is fucked up. I've shared a floor with diabetics before who lose their legs and shit. Ugh. I've seen some bad shit. Plus soda is so easy to drink in moderation. Is it addictive?

Pop isn't addictive. If you drink Sprite or Docta Peppa. But caffeine's a muthafugga. My Johnny Walker kinda tastes like Pepsi right now. (I don't taste as well as I once did, cuz Im a smoker.)

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did smallpox just spontaneously go extinct?

No, vaccination got rid of smallpox.

Why does polio disappear in countries as more and more of the population gets vaccinated?

Because vaccines work.

I'm sure they all do. Let's force Jay to give them to his children against his will.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I'm confused.

I thought the reason we had to use a doctor to get anti-biotics is because people taking them too often is what caused super germs that were resistant. But now you are saying the exact opposite with these things?

And I thought the way vaccinations worked was by giving someone something similar that the immune system can beat and then that would create white blood cells that would also kill the more damaging disease?

I don't know much about these things. Being former military I got vaccinations for crap I have no idea even existed. Plague 1, Plague 2, Plague 3, what?

Antibiotics result in resistant strains primarily when the antibiotics are not used properly. If you stop use partway through or irregularly take them (preventative use is generally irregular), the bacteria are weakened but fight back, and the exposure allows them to build a tolerance. Irregular or prematurely discontinued use allow a chance for the bacteria to recover. This is because antibiotics are like a poison targeting bacteria. If you had a small enough amount of most poisons regularly, you would build up a tolerance to it, and this is in essence what antibiotics do.

Viruses are pretty different than bacteria. Bacteria are living, and viruses are kind of in a gray area. They generally hack into your cells and use them to reproduce themselves. Vaccination is done by injecting an inert form of the virus that results in your body building antibodies that can fight the active virus. What this does is basically give you a head start. Think of it as the difference between trying to figure out someone's password when you figure out you need it versus knowing in advance you will need it and having it already ready when you need it. If getting into that account is time sensitive, it's obviously much better to already have the password. Antibodies are the password, and while you are working to crack it, the virus is already spreading through your body. With certain viruses, you need that head start to successfully fight off the illness.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without a vaccination, the amount of a virus reasonably likely to be in a person is several scales of magnitude higher. More virus means more chances to mutate. More mutations means a higher probability of mutations dangerous to the general population.

Jay cutler doesn't want vaccinations because he's as retarded off the field as on it. The whole premise that vaccinations cause autism is laughable and not even loosely supported.

More virus means more chances to mutate??? Not exactly...

Look, I know you want to save face here so I will save you the embarrassment and recommend you start with some under-graduate courses in molecular biology. After learning the basics, go to graduate school and take courses in genetics (pay attention to research on RNA virus manipulation), immunology, and Bio-Physics. After that talk to me about what you know.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Vaccinations aren't some government conspiracy. They're basic medical necessities.

Medical necessities? Everything you say is completely wrong. About every subject.

Viruses and bacteria are not static. They mutate. They rise up & then they die off. Humans / mammals adapt.

Measles cases, for example, were on a sharp, steady decline every few years since 1900. And by the time they made a vaccine for it in 1963, 0.000237% of the US population died from measles. On a pie chart of causes of deaths, you wouldn't even be able to see that slice. Yet it's necessary to vaccinate 4 million babies every year to prevent that enormous number of deaths when the disease was dying out anyway?

Diseases die out on their own. Or are you worried about dying from the Bubonic plague?

So what's the bigger risk? That vaccines have a detrimental long-term effect on your health or the infinitesimal risk of dying from something that kills practically nobody?

Oh, and the medical community wouldn't be financially inclined to push for people to get unnecessary products & services when health care is over 1/6 of the economy would they? Nah.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only idiots & the misinformed refuse to vaccinate their children.

That's cute. :) it is really. I brought a vaccine to market, 10 years on a team formulating, testing and submitting for approval. Am I an idiot and misinformed :)

I'm not completely against vaccination, but I find our vaccine schedule to be made by idiots and the misinformed. I feel for those that follow it without question and think they are benefitting their children.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a buddy with four kids and they refused to vaccinate any of their kids and actually had to fight the local county to be able to get his kids enrolled in school. They now have a grandchild and refused to vaccinate her as well. At the time, we didn't look into it, we just went along with the program but if we had, we probably would have refused as well.

this position indicates a truly fundamental ignorance. The 'study' that linked vaccines to autism is an openly admitted hoax by the 'researcher' who was paid for his fraud. Retracted autism study an 'elaborate fraud,' British journal finds - CNN.com This is to say that it is 100% certain that there is no evidence at all linking autism to vaccines.

The idiocy that mercury is found in the vaccine is again intended for people who failed to really complete the 8th grade. The amount of mercury present is roughly equal to that you take in every time you eat 8 ounces of salmon or tuna. Oooohhhhh.... Mercury in Vaccines - Immunization Issue

Those are the only two objections from the low-information deciders.

I am totally unsurprised that Cutler and his bimbo wife are the types with IQs below 80, but that sense of personal genius that says, "look at me, I'm just smarter than the rest of you and I know better than all you sheep" who are the truly easiest to suck into the latest snake oil sales.

remind me to send Cutler a great new product guaranteed to help him lose weight, gain muscle, age more slowly, and improve vigor in the bedroom.....sugar pills with some magic plant like parsley. $20 each.

Any of the rest of you who think vaccines are a bad idea PM me and I'll sell you these $20 miracle pills too. I have many testimonials, but no science, so it's perfect for you.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antibiotics result in resistant strains primarily when the antibiotics are not used properly. If you stop use partway through or irregularly take them (preventative use is generally irregular), the bacteria are weakened but fight back, and the exposure allows them to build a tolerance. Irregular or prematurely discontinued use allow a chance for the bacteria to recover. This is because antibiotics are like a poison targeting bacteria. If you had a small enough amount of most poisons regularly, you would build up a tolerance to it, and this is in essence what antibiotics do.

Viruses are pretty different than bacteria. Bacteria are living, and viruses are kind of in a gray area. They generally hack into your cells and use them to reproduce themselves. Vaccination is done by injecting an inert form of the virus that results in your body building antibodies that can fight the active virus. What this does is basically give you a head start. Think of it as the difference between trying to figure out someone's password when you figure out you need it versus knowing in advance you will need it and having it already ready when you need it. If getting into that account is time sensitive, it's obviously much better to already have the password. Antibodies are the password, and while you are working to crack it, the virus is already spreading through your body. With certain viruses, you need that head start to successfully fight off the illness.

Hey, somebody who at a minimum paid attention during high-school biology. Would you vaccinate your kids against known viruses that can be life-threatening? I'd like an informed opinion.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd respect your position if you were saying the flu shot was a waste, but then you have to be hypocritical by spending a obscene amount of money on worthless products. "Airborne" is just a fucking vitamin that costs a fortune. And there is no evidence at all that Vitamin C helps fight the flu. You are spending a shit ton of money on a scam. The flu shot has its weaknesses, and it fails some years, but it isn't an outright scam..

Again an informed opinion. We all know people who are well below average intelligence and deep down they know it. They are, however, desperate to prove to everyone else that they're really smart too and so they latch onto anything avant-garde they can in a sad attempt to show intelligence that really just proves the opposite. The holistic health and naturopathy industries depend exclusively on this group.

Chinese medicine disciples I give a pass because at least Chinese medicine is based on 7000 years of trial and error.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife and I took a cautious middle ground approach. Yes we vaccinated, but cautiously.

1) We spread them out over more time than recommended. Giving our toddler 6+ shots at one time scared the crap out of us - so we didn't do it.

2) There are a couple of vaccines which are basically unneccessary now. So we opted out of those.

3) We made sure to order every single vaccine in single dose containers. This takes forever in some of them, so we had to special order them way in advance. It's the multi-dose vials which seem to contain all of the perservatives, so our kids never got that.

So yes we vaccinated our kids, but we did so by opting out of un-needed ones, spreading it out over time, and single vials only.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow I question this person's knowledge of how vaccines work... or what Autism is exactly. At least the kid with Asperger's (I guess they lumped it in with HFA now) is guaranteed, by definition, to have an IQ greater or equal to 80 unlike the "intelligence" presented by these fools. Amazing how we are starting to see Measles in places where about 10-15 years ago (Like Wales) there was a big SportsHoopla about vaccines erroneously causing ASD's.

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More virus means more chances to mutate??? Not exactly...

Look, I know you want to save face here so I will save you the embarrassment and recommend you start with some under-graduate courses in molecular biology. After learning the basics, go to graduate school and take courses in genetics (pay attention to research on RNA virus manipulation), immunology, and Bio-Physics. After that talk to me about what you know.

Yes exactly. Mutation is, to our knowledge, purely random, with a few factors that can have some impact on its probability. If you have 10^x more of a virus, you will have on average 10^x more mutations.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know people who are well below average intelligence and deep down they know it. They are, however, desperate to prove to everyone else that they're really smart too and so they latch onto anything avant-garde they can in a sad attempt to show intelligence that really just proves the opposite.

Book nerds. People, who if you dropped off into the middle of nowhere, would never find themselves out and die alone. People who finished in the top of their classes in HS, but never managed to grasp basic social skills later in life. They can read books and memorize well enough to test high, but they can't think for themselves. Science is always 100% right to them, never to be questioned. Nerds in HS grow up to be nerds in adult hood then say shit like this.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Book nerds. People, who if you dropped off into the middle of nowhere, would never find themselves out and die alone. People who finished in the top of their classes in HS, but never managed to grasp basic social skills later in life. They can read books and memorize well enough to test high, but they can't think for themselves. Science is always 100% right to them, never to be questioned. Nerds in HS grow up to be nerds in adult hood then say shit like this.

Those type of guys in HS are a funny bunch.