• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jay Cutler Won't Vaccinate His Children

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Book nerds. People, who if you dropped off into the middle of nowhere, would never find themselves out and die alone. People who finished in the top of their classes in HS, but never managed to grasp basic social skills later in life. They can read books and memorize well enough to test high, but they can't think for themselves. Science is always 100% right to them, never to be questioned. Nerds in HS grow up to be nerds in adult hood then say shit like this.

Or they end up being directors of billion-dollar companies who know what they know and what they don't know, but who are smart enough to research intelligently before spouting off. They understand some parts of science aren't well understood and some are, but reactionary idiocy is for fools.

Morons remain morons their entire lives.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Book nerds. People, who if you dropped off into the middle of nowhere, would never find themselves out and die alone. People who finished in the top of their classes in HS, but never managed to grasp basic social skills later in life. They can read books and memorize well enough to test high, but they can't think for themselves. Science is always 100% right to them, never to be questioned. Nerds in HS grow up to be nerds in adult hood then say shit like this.

While there may be some truth to this, if I was looking for information on something like vaccination I'm not sure that I would make it my first priority to find a doctor or medical researcher that had advanced social skills.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or they end up being directors of billion-dollar companies who know what they know and what they don't know, but who are smart enough to research intelligently before spouting off. They understand some parts of science aren't well understood and some are, but reactionary idiocy is for fools.

Morons remain morons their entire lives.

Are you coming out of the closet right now?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While there may be some truth to this, if I was looking for information on something like vaccination I'm not sure that I would make it my first priority to find a doctor or medical researcher that had advanced social skills.

I definitely would. I have many years experience with high level doctors and surgeons and can assure you if you are ever put into the position of (for a lack of a better word) interviewing your doctors, do it. Becoming a victim a malpractice is no joke. You need to be able to communicate at 100% with your doctor at all times, and if you can't, you could suffer from it.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to read this entire thread but I'm sure there are good points on both sides. Here in the state of CT it is mandated that every child has these. If not they will not allow that child into a public school or daycare. I personally feel that some of these vaccinations are a bit outdated and not needed. The only way to avoid it here is to home school your child.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to read this entire thread but I'm sure there are good points on both sides. Here in the state of CT it is mandated that every child has these. If not they will not allow that child into a public school or daycare. I personally feel that some of these vaccinations are a bit outdated and not needed. The only way to avoid it here is to home school your child.

Read some of the reasons for anti-vaccinations online by parents and one of the most common is an erroneous concern about ASD's which has long been debunked. It is no coincidence that those for the vaccinations in this thread are being very, very heavy handed for the most part. It is a big concern that these type of parents could cause bigger issues if the worst comes with a virus mutating in a non-vaccinated population.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to read this entire thread but I'm sure there are good points on both sides.

Strip it down and it's just another "All people should be forced to do this, and if they don't, they're stupid" crowd vs. "it's their kids, let them do what they want, who cares" crowd.

Really, just another big government steamroller thread like all the others here.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read some of the reasons for anti-vaccinations online by parents and one of the most common is an erroneous concern about ASD's which has long been debunked. It is no coincidence that those for the vaccinations in this thread are being very, very heavy handed for the most part. It is a big concern that these type of parents could cause bigger issues if the worst comes with a virius mutating in a non-vaccinated population.
When I get a chance I will . My daughter is now in college. Too late for me to protest on a personal level.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strip it down and it's just another "All people should be forced to do this, and if they don't, they're stupid" crowd vs. "it's their kids, let them do what they want, who cares" crowd.

Really, just another big government steamroller thread like all the others here.
I argee with you but if they won't let your kid into a school without this you only have two options.....get the shots or home-school.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most states have exemptions. Some have personal exemptions, all have medical exemptions, and quite a few more that don't have persona exemptions have religious ones. Look up your state, sign the waiver and you're done.

They'll still try and harass you, but let them. I hate to think we'd all just jump headlong into another case of just letting everyone else dictate your decisions to you.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most states have exemptions. Some have personal exemptions, all have medical exemptions, and quite a few more that don't have persona exemptions have religious ones. Look up your state, sign the waiver and you're done.

They'll still try and harass you, but let them. I hate to think we'd all just jump headlong into another case of just letting everyone else dictate your decisions to you.
It is true about exemptions but I think it is only for religion in CT. I might be wrong on this. A school that your kid is going to also has the right not to let your kid attend per town level.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious about what School they will be sending their kids too? Maybe homeschooling? Because, at least around here, even with the private schools, they require kids to be vaccinated.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you but if they won't let your kid into a school without this you only have two options.....get the shots or home-school.

I'm not anti-vaccines, I'm anti-forcing everyone to do one thing and eliminating choices, especially when it comes to personal matters of this magnitude.

Jay Cutlers kids are his kids, not mine, and vice verse. What some people call stupid, or unintelligent, I call being an open minded parent.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This graph kills your guys argument dead.

The measles vaccine was introduced in 1963, and perfected in 1968. As we can all clearly see, measles was already LARGELY decreasing naturally by 63, and almost completely gone by 68 when this whole vaccine kick really got going.

All the diseases such as polio, measles, small pox, etc. that people claimed were eradicated due to vaccines can see that there is a 90% or more decrease in victims of the disease BEFORE the vaccines were introduced.

The truth is disease and viruses rise and fall naturally as our bodies develop immunities by our bodies defense mechanism. And that is what that chart really proves when coupled with the timeline of the measles vaccine.

You can't read graphs worth a shit can you. The decrease didn't start until 1965 in that graph, 2 years after the vaccine was introduced. Now I haven't looked it up but my guess is it was either largely still experimental or not mandatory the first couple of years but the results were so good it became mandatory thus the reason by 1968 it was almost gone.

And I don't know how old you are but I'm old enough to remember children who got polio, not a pretty sight. Now it's almost eradicated yet the Muslims are fighting being inoculated and the fanatics are spreading rumors it is not a polio vaccination but a shot to sterilize them.

As for autism, well it's a psychiatric disease, whatever that means because they have just changed the clinical definition again so as it turns out with the new definition fewer autism cases will be found. Just like ADHD has increased to the point where more adults are now being treated for it. Methinks the drug manufacturers (and disability payments) are pushing a lot of false diagnoses for purely profit motive, unlike the vaccinations themselves which actually help.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not anti-vaccines, I'm anti-forcing everyone to do one thing and eliminating choices, especially when it comes to personal matters of this magnitude.

Jay Cutlers kids are his kids, not mine, and vice verse. What some people call stupid, or unintelligent, I call being an open minded parent.
I chose not to argue about the vaccinations but I did question why some were still needed. If one has the ability and funds to question this I say more power to them and I wish them luck.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious about what School they will be sending their kids too? Maybe homeschooling? Because, at least around here, even with the private schools, they require kids to be vaccinated.

I assume you're in IL by the teams you follow, but IL does have both medical and religious exemptions. Religious exemptions can be on a personal level and do not need be a tenet of an established religion, but you do have to state specifically why you're objecting to a particular vaccination.

Anyway, I'm with Base on this one. It's YOUR decision, i don't want to make it for you. Nor should I have that right or vice versa.

I believe that a loton the current vaccination schedule are unnecessary to be given on such a mass scale or at such an early age. There are others like flu and chicken pox I find to be a complete waste of time and a decent chance they are making things worse, not better for society as a whole.

and a certain core of vaccines that should be given, not as a part of a 3-5-or 7 way shot, but as a monovalent dose, mostly after 2 years of age. Better immune responses, less chance of damage.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't read graphs worth a shit can you. The decrease didn't start until 1965 in that graph, 2 years after the vaccine was introduced. Now I haven't looked it up but my guess is it was either largely still experimental or not mandatory the first couple of years but the results were so good it became mandatory thus the reason by 1968 it was almost gone.

The graph clearly shows a massive decrease in the many years leading up to the early 60's, then becoming fully eradicated with the help of the new vaccines.

999991_540.jpg

Maybe humans have simply evolved to the point of becoming immune to some diseases. Maybe 500 years from now a little natural evolution coupled with a little man made science will see the end of Cancer. Who knows.

And I don't know how old you are but I'm old enough to remember children who got polio, not a pretty sight.

I understand you have an emotional tie into this. I think that's where a lot of the debate comes from. I get that.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More virus means more chances to mutate??? Not exactly...

Look, I know you want to save face here so I will save you the embarrassment and recommend you start with some under-graduate courses in molecular biology. After learning the basics, go to graduate school and take courses in genetics (pay attention to research on RNA virus manipulation), immunology, and Bio-Physics. After that talk to me about what you know.

He's off on some details sure....but look at the fools that he's trying to educate. You keep harping on him, but you're ignoring ALL of the other idiots.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's off on some details sure....but look at the fools that he's trying to educate. You keep harping on him, but you're ignoring ALL of the other idiots.

What details am I off on?

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What details am I off on?

I was giving you both the benefit of doubt (since I don't care to fact check every comment you or he have made...and partly because I glance over the stuff you've posted as I am learned enough to understand it and don't need my nursing school text books repeated to me) in the interest of debating the mouth-breathers who don't think vaccines are effective instead of each other over insignificant details.

And I realize that the previous paragraph is complicated to read, but since it's time to celebrate my Irish heritage, I'm not fixing it.