• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

James Ihedigbo

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the same thing over and over with TP. If you don't agree with a Lions move or trash the Lions for a move they make -- he gets bent out of shape and turns it into a personal attack (this time stooping all the way down to occupation of me and my spouse, for whatever reason). The odd thing is -- I will guarantee I make more than any teacher, while making my own hours and working 1/4 of the time they do.

It is a shame I stooped to his level, but it is what it is. I did get a good laugh at him trying to make a crack about my wife making a lot of money, as if that in some way, shape or form is a bad thing.

Idk why this is getting personal, lets stick to the football. I think I'm with the same boat as T-paul though, it seems as if every move, every draft pick, every game people are bashing the Lions. Have you agreed with any of the moves that we've made? If you don't like it, then don't root for the Lions.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of us work for reasons other than just the $$.

If I wanted to lounge around the house all day and run a make believe business while my wife took care of making sure the bills are paid, I'd just take over your life.

And don't try to fool anyone- you're not making a killing running fucking Golden Tee arcade machines. I haven't even seen one of those in a decade...

That is what I'd expect to hear from someone making 30k a year. Who knows -- if you work there long enough -- they will give you 32k.

And I wouldn't worry too much about bills -- My student loans have been paid off for years. My wife's student loans have been paid off for years. We have zero debt, other than a mortgage, which we refinanced about 5 years ago to a 10 year loan, so in 5 years we won't even have a house payment.

The only other big payments we have is for our cars, as we both got new cars when the baby was born.

As far as what I make -- I guarantee if I was only making 30k, I would have quit the vending business A LONG TIME AGO!!!!!!! As I said -- if I wanted to make 30k -- I'd go work at McDonald's.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now if she could only get you to get a real job... but I digress, because, as you told us, you "just can't handle working for someone else." I think your know-it-all, no compromise attitude on here backs up those claims you made back on the CBS board pretty well.

For what it's worth I'm in damn good shape still (as I should be at my age) and my wife makes quite a bit more money than I do. But I don't use that as a crutch to not get a real job because I can't handle someone else telling me what to do. Nope- most of us can man up enough to realize that having a boss to answer to is part of life. Nobody likes it, but we can't all sit around at home all day and delude ourselves into believing our toys are actually contributing to our family's financial situation.

I guess in the U.P. -- owning a business isn't a real job. I understand, you live in a different world up there.

As far as your wife making more money than you do -- I would surely hope so. A Wal-Mart greeter makes more than teacher's do, so it wouldn't be too difficult for her to make more than you.

You see -- here is yet another thing we disagree on. When you own a business -- YOU ARE THE BOSS. I'm sure you are intelligent enough to understand this, right? So while in your world having a boss is a part of life -- In my world, it is not.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk why this is getting personal, lets stick to the football. I think I'm with the same boat as T-paul though, it seems as if every move, every draft pick, every game people are bashing the Lions. Have you agreed with any of the moves that we've made? Seems as if you wanted us to go balls deep on defense this offseason, but all those players were severely overpaid.

BM -- the Lions are 11-21 the last two years. We just lost the NFC North with Chicago and GB playing without star players for months at a time. Of course you are going to have frustrated fans.

I have posted, not sure which thread, I loved the signings last year of Quin, re-signing Delmas, bringin in Jones and I was even fine with Bush. I loved the draft last year. They drafted in the trenches in round 1,3 and 4 and took what they felt was the best CB available in round 2.

I have even stated I think Tate is a great fit for the Lions and their offense. I just hate the fact the Lions went out and paid that much for a #2 WR. Good teams fill that role in the draft. Point being -- we just signed Seattle's 2nd round pick from 4 years ago for 31 million over 6 years. NYJ just signed Denver's 4th round pick to a 36 million dollar contract.

Teams with good front offices don't need to go out and break the bank on a #2 WR. THAT is what frustrates me about the move.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hahahaha! That shit just made my day!

Did their coaches tell them to stall for as long as they could so everyone could catch their breath or something?

Looked like a couple of cats- all posturing, no actual fighting. I thought they both had a decent strategy- let the other guy make the first move- but they both stuck to their guns too well for a fight actually happen...

Last edited by a moderator:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the same thing over and over with TP. If you don't agree with a Lions move or trash the Lions for a move they make -- he gets bent out of shape and turns it into a personal attack
Its the same thing over and over with MikeD; if he doesn't agree with any given move the Lions make he turns every thread into a bitchfest about whatever it is he didn't like, regardless of the thread's actual topic. If you ignore him he just starts making passive-aggressive replies to your posts until you finally the bate and stoop to his level.

The odd thing is -- I will guarantee I make more than any teacher, while making my own hours and working 1/4 of the time they do.
I don't doubt it, we don't make a killing, that's for sure. This $$ angle won't get you anywhere though; I don't dispute nor care that you and your wife make a lot more $$ than my wife and I do. At least half this board probably makes significantly more than I do. I'm fine with that- I grew up pretty poor and learned early on to be happy with what I had, not want for what others have. Between my wife and I we live pretty comfortably on what we make. Teachers will never get wealthy unless they win the lottery, but the cost of living up here is dirt cheap compared to any urban area, so we get a a lot more for less. I own a big 'ole chunk of land that costs far less than an averaged sized yard in the city.

If you want to keep tossing out earnings, be my guest- you win that one. No argument here.

It is a shame I stooped to his level, but it is what it is.
You stooped to my level?:what::stephena: Please. You're the king of passive-aggressive trolling. Don't even try to get out your victim card now- we all know that routine by now.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the same thing over and over with TP. If you don't agree with a Lions move or trash the Lions for a move they make -- he gets bent out of shape and turns it into a personal attack (this time stooping all the way down to occupation of me and my spouse, for whatever reason). The odd thing is -- I will guarantee I make more than any teacher, while making my own hours and working 1/4 of the time they do.

It is a shame I stooped to his level, but it is what it is. I did get a good laugh at him trying to make a crack about my wife making a lot of money, as if that in some way, shape or form is a bad thing.

I didn't know tp was a teacher. Congrats Mr Paulus you have a career that makes a difference.

don't think anyone is knocking your wife for having a good job. Props to her. Sounds like the knock is on you for being a leech on a woman with a good job. Maybe I am reading it wrong but that's how it comes across.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its the same thing over and over with MikeD; if he doesn't agree with any given move the Lions make he turns every thread into a bitchfest about whatever it is he didn't like, regardless of the thread's actual topic. If you ignore him he just starts making passive-aggressive replies to your posts until you finally the bate and stoop to his level.

If he doesn't agree with a Lions move? If? I've known the guy like 3 or 4 years (on boards) and the dude doesn't like anything the Lions do. He may occasionally applaud a cut or firing but even that turns into a bitch fest as soon as their replacement is hired.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know tp was a teacher. Congrats Mr Paulus you have a career that makes a difference.

don't think anyone is knocking your wife for having a good job. Props to her. Sounds like the knock is on you for being a leech on a woman with a good job. Maybe I am reading it wrong but that's how it comes across.
Thanks man, much appreciated.

The second part is based on comments from way long ago on CBS... in all reality I don't think he's actually a leech on his woman. He did however make the comment that she made a lot of money, allowing him to quit his job and own/operate arcade machines for a living. Mostly just trash talk on my part because he admitted to not being able to handle working for someone else... shows a lack of character, imo...

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pop2:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will just throw out there that having a boss is seriously overrated.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will just throw out there that having a boss is seriously overrated.

I thought you were a college student.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you were a college student.

I am. Doesn't mean I can't know how much of a waste of time most employment situations are.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am. Doesn't mean I can't know how much of a waste of time most employment situations are.

What's the no.1 rule for all self-employed home owners when filing their taxes?

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definitely not a English major. Just busting chops JDM.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lie :nod:

I'm not claiming to be currently self employed for the record. I haven't had the chance to build that yet. But long term it's the only way to live. :thumb:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely not a English major. Just busting chops JDM.

I can use flawless grammar if I so choose. This is a board, though. I'm going to type conversationally.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lie :nod:

I'm not claiming to be currently self employed for the record. I haven't had the chance to build that yet. But long term it's the only way to live. :thumb:

I agree, pay for performance is the only way to work. Give me raises, not praises. Recognition and attention is for Facebook addicts.

When filing taxes as a SE person, make sure you state just enough income each year to give yourself at least a 50% debt to income ratio. You can't say you make 18k a year anymore being self employed and buy anything, Stated loans, no income loans etc....they don't exist anymore. I talk to several SE people every week who could lower their mortgage and save a bunch of money, but they don't qualify because their tax returns say their debt ratios are over 100% because they got greedy when lying.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no interest in loans I can avoid anyways. I have student loans to pay off, and after that perhaps a mortgage since it probably makes more sense than long-term renting, but for anything else if I can't pay straight up I'll do without.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The second part is based on comments from way long ago on CBS... in all reality I don't think he's actually a leech on his woman. He did however make the comment that she made a lot of money, allowing him to quit his job and own/operate arcade machines for a living. Mostly just trash talk on my part because he admitted to not being able to handle working for someone else... shows a lack of character, imo...

Me quitting my job at GM had nothing to do with my, now, wife. We weren't even married when I quit working for GM. In actuality, they were moving our entire finance department to Horsham, PA. I could make the move to PA and continue working for GM or take a buy out. I was miserable at the job in Detroit surrounded by family and friends, so it was an easy decision. They offered to double my severance package if I trained the new hires in PA. So for 6 weeks I flew back and forth each week and basically did next to nothing after the 1st two weeks, but hang out and answer one or two questions a day.

I was given a full year's salary in one lump sum. Instead of getting another job in finance or accounting, I used the money to start a vending company, so I wouldn't have to work for anyone.

There you go, now you can get the story straight next time you want to try and rag on me.