• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

James Ihedigbo

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I've just assumed Broyles is done. If he's not that would be great. Still have no idea why LeShoure didn't play last year. I can understand why people like Tate based off Mayhew being horrid at finding receivers via the draft. Its not how I see it, but I can understand how others are comforted with the idea he won't throw away another high pick. (Im sure he will anyway. Possibly on a wideout. He'll draft Lee and Ill lose my mind.)

We will lose our minds together man because if he drafts a wide receiver or ebron at ten, I will go insane.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering where the LIons are with the salary cap I think the move fits. I can think of 2-3 guys I would have rather ad at safety but with peanuts to sing the guy it was probably the best guy the Lions could get.

Not getting Suh to restructure before FA started pretty much dictated the Lions look for these type of players.

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont understand how people could be upset with this signing. This man had almost double the tackles as Delmas, and the same amt of INT's. He's won a superbowl, and was the vocal leader of a team that lost Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. TJ Ward signed with the Broncos to win a superbowl, nothing we could do about that. Jarius Byrd is getting 10 million dollars a yr, for that price, I'd pass. I'd rather have 4-5 decent players for that same price tag, and I sure as hell guarantee that if we signed him to that contract, everyone's panties would be in a bunch. We've signed 2 lockerroom leaders with superbowl experience in the last 2 days, who were starters and contributors on those superbowl teams, yet people are still flipping a shit.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont understand how people could be upset with this signing. This man had almost double the tackles as Delmas, and the same amt of INT's. He's won a superbowl, and was the vocal leader of a team that lost Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. TJ Ward signed with the Broncos to win a superbowl, nothing we could do about that. Jarius Byrd is getting 10 million dollars a yr, for that price, I'd pass. I'd rather have 4-5 decent players for that same price tag, and I sure as hell guarantee that if we signed him to that contract, everyone's panties would be in a bunch. We've signed 2 lockerroom leaders with superbowl experience in the last 2 days, who were starters and contributors on those superbowl teams, yet people are still flipping a shit.

BM, that is just the way it is on the Lions board. Birds gotta fly, fish gotta swim, Haters gotta hate. Most Lions fans are idiots. I have just learned to accept it.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ihedigabadejo can practice, and doesn't KO any of his own teammates with a flying spear trying to tackle the other team, he'll be an automatic upgrade over Delmas.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually dont mind this signing....now we can wait a year or 2 to draft a stud safety.....noe either dennard, evans or ebron and ill be happy.....watkins and mack will be gone...

Im still waiting for jason fox to be the stud tpaul told me he was going to be.....time give him time.....thats what i was told.....

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im still waiting for jason fox to be the stud tpaul told me he was going to be.....time give him time.....thats what i was told.....

I totally forgot about that guy. Was he a Mayhew 4th rounder?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally forgot about that guy. Was he a Mayhew 4th rounder?

I still love that draft pick. Detroit is able to develop his talent and once he is ready, he is going to be one of the premier offensive lineman in the NFL.

Draft picks take time to develop.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've signed 2 lockerroom leaders with superbowl experience in the last 2 days, who were starters and contributors on those superbowl teams, yet people are still flipping a shit.

Ihedigbo wasn't a starter in baltimore when they won the SB. He was a starter twice in 8 years. He was benched with NE and then last year he was a full time starter when Ed Reed was let go.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIE2GAqnFGw]The Rolling Stones - Time Is On My Side - YouTube[/ame]

Time is on my side "Jason Fox"

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Ihedigbo - DB - Ravens
Free agent S James Ihedigbo left Detroit without a deal, but is still expected to sign with the Lions.

Ihedigbo is currently between agents and his wife is pregnant, so he has a lot on his plate. It sounds like the Lions intend to sign him as a starter next to Glover Quin. Former Ravens DBs coach turned Lions DC Teryl Austin said Ihedigbo was one of the Baltimore's most influential defensive leaders last year.
Related: Lions

Source: Detroit Free Press
Mar 13 - 2:54 PM

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time is on my side "Jason Fox"

Don't make fun of Jason Fox. Detroit is still developing his talents. By the time he is 34 or 35, he should be ready to step in and take over as a back up RT for a year before he retires.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't make fun of Jason Fox. Detroit is still developing his talents. By the time he is 34 or 35, he should be ready to step in and take over as a back up RT for a year before he retires.

That soon ?..Right

I know you were being sarcastic, BTW..

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let me translate this for anyone who is confused-

What he means by this is: "I'm a bitchy idiot who gets my NFL info from Madden and/or SportsCenter. Tpaul was high on Fox's potential for a few years, and he didn't pan out, so I'm going to beat this dead horse until the wheels fall off because I got nothing substantial on Ihedigbo, but I gotta bitch about something."

That is all. Now you're all up to speed on this one. :suds:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me translate this for anyone who is confused-

What he means by this is: "I'm a bitchy idiot who gets my NFL info from Madden and/or SportsCenter. Tpaul was high on Fox's potential for a few years, and he didn't pan out, so I'm going to beat this dead horse until the wheels fall off because I got nothing substantial on Ihedigbo, but I gotta bitch about something."

That is all. Now you're all up to speed on this one.

FYI TP -- you don't need to translate anything for anyone on this board. It doesn't matter who Mayhew drafts or signs, you believe it is a great move. You take being a homer to a whole new level.

It is alright to form your own opinions on the moves the front office makes. When the team is 11-21 in the last two years after making the playoffs -- there isn't much to like when it comes to the team and the moves they've made.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox did win the starting right tackle job in preseason. He clearly had talent, he is just always hurt.

I am not sure when injured started to mean not good, but it seems to be a common thought anymore. It is a shame he couldn't get healthy, but it happens in football.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox did win the starting right tackle job in preseason. He clearly had talent, he is just always hurt.

I am not sure when injured started to mean not good, but it seems to be a common thought anymore. It is a shame he couldn't get healthy, but it happens in football.

This.

Fox was a perfectly acceptable RT talent-wise, he just could not stay healthy for the life of him- thus he's no longer a Lion.

Pretty simple, really...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI TP -- you don't need to translate anything for anyone on this board. It doesn't matter who Mayhew drafts or signs, you believe it is a great move. You take being a homer to a whole new level.

It is alright to form your own opinions on the moves the front office makes. When the team is 11-21 in the last two years after making the playoffs -- there isn't much to like when it comes to the team and the moves they've made.

There's plenty to like when it comes to the Lions and the moves they've made, you just have too much estrogen coursing through your ovaries to calm down and see it...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's also obviously plenty not to like, but I just can't see why you chose to focus on that and only that.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox was a perfectly acceptable RT talent-wise

And you came up with this how? In the one quarter he started for Detroit in the opening game against Minnesota before leaving injured?

I'm sure with as much talent as he has -- he will be scooped up by another team soon enough.