• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

James Ihedigbo

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI TP -- you don't need to translate anything for anyone on this board. It doesn't matter who Mayhew drafts or signs, you believe it is a great move. You take being a homer to a whole new level.

It is alright to form your own opinions on the moves the front office makes. When the team is 11-21 in the last two years after making the playoffs -- there isn't much to like when it comes to the team and the moves they've made.

That's not the case, I just don't piss and moan like a little girl when they don't sign the guy I want is all...

As for the guys they do sign, I do some research (yes- that's a real thing, not everyone just makes up their mind on the spot based on stuff they think they might know already. Try it sometime, you'll be amazed how much information is out there...) to find out what their strengths are and where they can help the team.

We don't have any control at all over who is or isn't signed (that's tough for some people to accept, but it's the obvious truth), so it's not like we have the pull to get them cut if we don't like them. With that in mind they were each clearly brought in for a reason, so it makes sense to try to figure out what that is for each guy. If you chose to interpret that as me "loving every signing, ever" that's fine- it just shows what a narrow-minded jack-ass you have a tendency to be.

If you knew 1/100th as much as you like to act like you do you'd be making a seven-figure income running an NFL franchise, not running a couple arcade machines while the Mrs. brings home the bacon...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you came up with this how? In the one quarter he started for Detroit in the opening game against Minnesota before leaving injured?

I'm sure with as much talent as he has -- he will be scooped up by another team soon enough.

Reading. Try it some time. There's actually people out there who know a lot more about these kinds of things than we do- coaches and beat-writers with access to the players and practices that we'll never have.

Take it slow though, I know stuff like this really shakes up your version of reality...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's plenty to like when it comes to the Lions and the moves they've made, you just have too much estrogen coursing through your ovaries to calm down and see it...

I said I like Golden Tate and think he is a great fit for the team. It doesn't change the fact though we don't have any cap space left to improve the part of the team who needs it the most.

That is the ONLY reason I hate the Tate signing. You have a draft with a dozen WRs with 1st or 2nd round grades and you have the highest paid WR in the league already. Paying your #2 WR as a top 20 contract is assinine to me.

I said after the signing, the Lions will now fill out the defense with scrap heap players because they don't have cap space available to go after anything else. You tell me if I was wrong? Ihedigbo has started one season and played 16 one time in 8 years (though he isn't signed yet), Darryl Tapp hasn't been good since 2010. Vaughn Martin is another scrap heap player to take up space on defense if they need some snaps.

We've went out and signed Burleson, we've went out and signed Golden Tate, we've went out and signed Reggie Bush. We've spent a #1 pick on the QB, a #20 pick on a TE, a #2 overall pick on a WR. This doesn't even include the 1st and 2nd round pick on RB who don't even play for us or the 2 2nd round picks and 3rd round pick, 2 of which don't even play in the NFL anymore and one coming off 3 major surgeries in 3 years.

Detroit goes overboard for the offense and then tries to piece together a defense with the exception of the DL. What has it done for the Lions? We have an exciting offense and one winning season since the turn of the century. FOCUS ON DEFENSE FOR ONCE.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read that Ihedigboyanbadejo will indeed be our new starting FS, and he was their FS target all along.

Lions got the FS they wanted, right or wrong. So the argument that Tate prevented them from getting a better one in the fans eyes doesn't hold up.

Is what it is.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you knew 1/100th as much as you like to act like you do you'd be making a seven-figure income running an NFL franchise, not running a couple arcade machines while the Mrs. brings home the bacon...

TP -- i respect your profession, but you couldn't get me to do anything for the piddly amount of money a teacher makes. If I wanted to make 30k a year -- i'd go work at McDonald's.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while the Mrs. brings home the bacon...

Is this supposed to be a crack at me? I apologize I married a beautiful intelligent woman who makes a lot of money. How dare I??!?!?!:laugh3:

I bet if you hit the gym, move out of the UP and get a personality, you may be able to find one of your own.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read that Ihedigboyanbadejo will indeed be our new starting FS, and he was their FS target all along.

Lions got the FS they wanted, right or wrong. So the argument that Tate prevented them from getting a better one in the fans eyes doesn't hold up.

Is what it is.

I've heard this story before,........ I think. Can't put my finger on which story it was...... but it smelled the same. Or Mayhew's went full on retard.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap. Mikes bitching about a move the Lions made. I am shocked.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap. Mikes bitching about a move the Lions made. I am shocked.

It has been a while since I have. I loved the signing of Quin and versatility of Jones. I loved that they drafted defense in the 1st and 2nd round last year. I loved the Lions draft, as a whole, last year.

I love the fact I was wrong about Levy and he played like a pro bowler last year.

I just hate when the Lions blow pick after pick on toys for the offense in the early rounds and then spend their cap space trying to rectify their mistakes.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some pretty good insults going back and forth between Mike and TPaul wow

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said I like Golden Tate and think he is a great fit for the team. It doesn't change the fact though we don't have any cap space left to improve the part of the team who needs it the most.
If that was true, you'd have a point, but it isn't, so you don't.

As I pointed out earlier- it's silly to look at the overall numbers and project the yearly average against this year's cap- that's not how it works. We have $6.9 million available still after re-signing Bell and getting Tate's deal done.

Considering that he was our "big fish" and you thought his deal would chew up most of our available cap space I'd say his $3.1 million cap hit this year proves that we have plenty of $$ left to sign another DE or TE or OLB to plug more holes.

That is the ONLY reason I hate the Tate signing. You have a draft with a dozen WRs with 1st or 2nd round grades and you have the highest paid WR in the league already. Paying your #2 WR as a top 20 contract is assinine to me.
Well you should be fine with it now then, right?

I said after the signing, the Lions will now fill out the defense with scrap heap players because they don't have cap space available to go after anything else.
And you've been proven wrong on that point. Your understanding of the salary cap and how contracts are structured does not keep pace with your itchy (or bitchy, perhaps?) keyboard fingers.

You tell me if I was wrong?
You were. We covered that above. No worries though- it happens to the best of us. Hell, even I was wrong that one time back in 2002...

Ihedigbo has started one season and played 16 one time in 8 years (though he isn't signed yet).
Sure glad that one good season was a damn good one and was last year, playing for the guy who happens to be our new D coordinator.

Darryl Tapp hasn't been good since 2010.
I'm not sure Tapp has ever been "good." The Seahawks absolutely fleeced the Eagles when they traded Tapp for Clemons.

Vaughn Martin is another scrap heap player to take up space on defense if they need some snaps.
These are the type of comments that show a very superficial understanding of how a football team works. We need a 4th DT. Martin is relatively young still and has some starting experience from when he was with the Chargers.

He's also very athletic and strong- he ran a 4.96 coming out and put up 44 bench reps. I'm not saying he's going to light the world on fire, but as our 4th DT I think he's a pretty good option who still has some upside.

And yes, I know you're going to knock my analysis of him because I'm a homer and so fourth, but at least I can offer an analysis of why I think he was a decent signing: veteran depth, starting experience, still pretty young, cheap contract = decent signing. Nothing to be excited about, but fills a hole none the less.

Care to offer a counter point on why he's nothing but a scrap-heap player? I doubt it, details aren't your style, you seem to prefer to hide behind generalizations- its easier to be a dissenter when you don't have to defend your stance with actual supporting information.

We've went out and signed Burleson, we've went out and signed Golden Tate, we've went out and signed Reggie Bush. We've spent a #1 pick on the QB, a #20 pick on a TE, a #2 overall pick on a WR. This doesn't even include the 1st and 2nd round pick on RB who don't even play for us or the 2 2nd round picks and 3rd round pick, 2 of which don't even play in the NFL anymore and one coming off 3 major surgeries in 3 years.
We've also spent the 2nd overall pick on a DT, the 4th overall pick on a DE, the 13th on a DT and second rounders on a CB and a safety. Last season we signed one of the top free agent safeties on the market.

See- I can cherry pick things that make my point just like you always do. Leaving out all the details that discredit your argument is genius! And I didn't even have to embellish my details like you so love to do!

Detroit goes overboard for the offense and then tries to piece together a defense with the exception of the DL. What has it done for the Lions? We have an exciting offense and one winning season since the turn of the century.
Where do you think our defense rated last year, strictly out of curiosity. I'm getting the feeling you view them as far worse than they actually were- much like you do with pretty much all of our players not named Megatron.

FOCUS ON DEFENSE FOR ONCE.
I'd rather see us focus on filling holes and not get tunnel vision for one particular side of the ball.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TP -- i respect your profession, but you couldn't get me to do anything for the piddly amount of money a teacher makes. If I wanted to make 30k a year -- i'd go work at McDonald's.

Some of us work for reasons other than just the $$.

If I wanted to lounge around the house all day and run a make believe business while my wife took care of making sure the bills are paid, I'd just take over your life.

And don't try to fool anyone- you're not making a killing running fucking Golden Tee arcade machines. I haven't even seen one of those in a decade...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this supposed to be a crack at me? I apologize I married a beautiful intelligent woman who makes a lot of money. How dare I??!?!?!:laugh3:

I bet if you hit the gym, move out of the UP and get a personality, you may be able to find one of your own.

Now if she could only get you to get a real job... but I digress, because, as you told us, you "just can't handle working for someone else." I think your know-it-all, no compromise attitude on here backs up those claims you made back on the CBS board pretty well.

For what it's worth I'm in damn good shape still (as I should be at my age) and my wife makes quite a bit more money than I do. But I don't use that as a crutch to not get a real job because I can't handle someone else telling me what to do. Nope- most of us can man up enough to realize that having a boss to answer to is part of life. Nobody likes it, but we can't all sit around at home all day and delude ourselves into believing our toys are actually contributing to our family's financial situation.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some pretty good insults going back and forth between Mike and TPaul wow

It is the same thing over and over with TP. If you don't agree with a Lions move or trash the Lions for a move they make -- he gets bent out of shape and turns it into a personal attack (this time stooping all the way down to occupation of me and my spouse, for whatever reason). The odd thing is -- I will guarantee I make more than any teacher, while making my own hours and working 1/4 of the time they do.

It is a shame I stooped to his level, but it is what it is. I did get a good laugh at him trying to make a crack about my wife making a lot of money, as if that in some way, shape or form is a bad thing.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I wanted to lounge around the house all day and run a make believe business while my wife took care of making sure the bills are paid, I'd just take over your life..

At this point, you two just have to fist fight. These are fighting words. Whirelyball week 1.

Nothing left to say after you go this far.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 88% sure we can bribe the burnouts who run the Whirelyball place to let us use the parking lot with a little weed.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator: