• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

James Ihedigbo

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When filing taxes as a SE person, make sure you state just enough income each year to give yourself at least a 50% debt to income ratio. You can't say you make 18k a year anymore being self employed and buy anything, Stated loans, no income loans etc....they don't exist anymore. I talk to several SE people every week who could lower their mortgage and save a bunch of money, but they don't qualify because their tax returns say their debt ratios are over 100% because they got greedy when lying.

Very good advice for anyone who files as self-employed.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This $$ angle won't get you anywhere though

FYI -- I'm not the one who brought up $$, nor am I the one who took it to a personal level, including talking about spouses. I just replied to you.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its the same thing over and over with MikeD; if he doesn't agree with any given move the Lions make he turns every thread into a bitchfest about whatever it is he didn't like, regardless of the thread's actual topic. If you ignore him he just starts making passive-aggressive replies to your posts until you finally the bate and stoop to his level.

If you notice -- I wasn't the one who started directing posts to you. You started directing posts to me. I was just stating my displeasure with the Lions overpaying for a #2 WR, while ignoring the defense again.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after that perhaps a mortgage since it probably makes more sense than long-term renting

no perhaps -- as long as you can get approved for a mortgage, you should buy. long-term renting is just throwing money away.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We actually stopped and figured it out once and if I remember correctly we figured out that we spent upwards of $48,000 renting through 6 years of college... talk about a nice down payment gone down the drain...

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The perhaps is because I would prefer to provide myself enough streams of income to buy straight up if at all possible.

Unlikely? Sure, but I'm cocky. As long as I'm not relying on it stating at a goal can't hurt.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The perhaps is because I would prefer to provide myself enough streams of income to buy straight up if at all possible.

Unlikely? Sure, but I'm cocky. As long as I'm not relying on it stating at a goal can't hurt.

That is a hell of a goal. I'm guessing you mean you want to pay cash for your 1st home. In all honesty, if that is your goal, you'd be better off taking out a mortgage and paying extra money each month to pay it off faster. Use the money you would pay it rent to work for you, instead of giving it away for nothing once you are done living there.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you're saying, but my thing is I feel that even with something that's not great, owning it would mean I settle in. I want myself hungry.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox did win the starting right tackle job in preseason. He clearly had talent, he is just always hurt.

I am not sure when injured started to mean not good, but it seems to be a common thought anymore. It is a shame he couldn't get healthy, but it happens in football.

And never got the position back because hes just not that good. Most of us have been saying that for years now.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the same thing over and over with TP. If you don't agree with a Lions move or trash the Lions for a move they make -- he gets bent out of shape and turns it into a personal attack (this time stooping all the way down to occupation of me and my spouse, for whatever reason). The odd thing is -- I will guarantee I make more than any teacher, while making my own hours and working 1/4 of the time they do.

It is a shame I stooped to his level, but it is what it is. I did get a good laugh at him trying to make a crack about my wife making a lot of money, as if that in some way, shape or form is a bad thing.

Have to agree, which is why I usually avoid going down that road. If you dont like it, ignore it.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And never got the position back because hes just not that good. Most of us have been saying that for years now.

Fox was not as good a Waddle, or as good as Cherilous became eventually. I still think he was a talented player who could not stay healthy. He had an injury history in college too, so that does count against Mayhew. However when he started those few games he held his own. I think it is a shame that we never really got to see what he could do.

I don't disagree that it ended up being a bad pick, I just think that was due to health and not ability.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing is the team never suffered at RT on account of Fox not being capable of starting. Waddle was more than a pleasant surprise.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing is the team never suffered at RT on account of Fox not being capable of starting. Waddle was more than a pleasant surprise.

Waddle made Fox completely irrelevant with his very promising play. Still can't believe he went completely undrafted... crazy...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waddle made Fox completely irrelevant with his very promising play. Still can't believe he went completely undrafted... crazy...

Yep. And that he did so well playing right next to a fellow rookie made it all that much better. No idea why he wasn't drafted. He's huge, was first team All Big12 and is a bright guy. Could be one of Mayhews best moves if he stays healthy.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully he turns into a mauler in the run game.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Baltimore Sun reports the Ravens have "maintained interest" in free agent S James Ihedigbo.

An every-down player for the Ravens last season, Ihedigbo has made only one visit in free agency, venturing to Detroit last week. Ihedigbo is Rotoworld's No. 7 remaining free-agent safety.

Great. Never good when a guy leaves town without signing.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Baltimore Sun reports the Ravens have "maintained interest" in free agent S James Ihedigbo.

An every-down player for the Ravens last season, Ihedigbo has made only one visit in free agency, venturing to Detroit last week. Ihedigbo is Rotoworld's No. 7 remaining free-agent safety.

Great. Never good when a guy leaves town without signing.

This would sure put my trade down and get DIX or Pryor back in play.

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Ihedigbo is mulling over us and the bears. Ive said this before but id personally take Ihedigbo over Clemons and Decoud. He is the oldest, but he is the most consistent. Clemons is a close 2nd, but please, no Decoud. He was terrible last year

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Ihedigbo is mulling over us and the bears. Ive said this before but id personally take Ihedigbo over Clemons and Decoud. He is the oldest, but he is the most consistent. Clemons is a close 2nd, but please, no Decoud. He was terrible last year

I'm just the opposite. I'd take Clemons over Ihedigbo. He's one of the fastest safeties in the league and is much better in coverage. Ihedigbo is better in run support, but Clemons isn't bad in that department. Imo Clemons is the best remaining safety by a decent margin.

I'd take Decoud hoping last year was an anomaly, as he used to be a damn good coverage safety, but I'd be really nervous about that one for sure...

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea we have no one there now. One of those 3, dix, or pryor will hopefully be back there this year.

Clemons would be my top choice followed by dix, ihedigbo, decloud then pryor. But I'd be cool with any of those 5