• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

James Ihedigbo

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please elaborate on how you know this. I'm quite curious as to what insider information you have that the rest of us don't?

I saw the terms for the total amount and length of the deal, but I apparently missed out on the yearly salary structure. Maybe you have a link you could share with us?

Don't get your panties in a bunch. You don't have to have insider information to figure out when you have roughly 11 million in salary cap space and you spend over half of it on a WR that the players they bring in are going to be on the cheap and expendable.

Ihedigbo has been in the NFL for 8 years. Detroit will be his 4th team in 8 years. He was a full time starter in NE, until getting benched. Last year was the 1st time in his NFL career he was a full time starter for 16 games.

That is exactly the type of player I thought Detroit would bring in to plug the hole at Safety. He will be here for a one or two years and then he will be expendable and we will look for the next safety to plug the hole with. It doesn't take a rocket scientist or insider information to figure out a guy who will turn 31 during the NFL season isn't going to be on the team for too long.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's great.

I, for one, am shocked that the Lions signed a player and you think it is a great move. I'm sure everyone else on the board is shocked to hear this as well.

I'm quite curious -- who was the last player the Lions signed that you hated the move?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id replace expensive with good though TPaul.

What do you mean? At 30, he has just taken time to develop on the 3 different teams (Detroit being the 4th) he has been with since getting into the NFL. Since he has only been a full time starter once in 8 years for all 16 games -- that just means his best football is ahead of him.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get your panties in a bunch. You don't have to have insider information to figure out when you have roughly 11 million in salary cap space and you spend over half of it on a WR that the players they bring in are going to be on the cheap and expendable.

I see- so you just took the average yearly amount for the length of the deal and applied that directly against this year's cap.

That's pretty much what I figured...

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im trying to sort this all out. Trust me is acting like trust me. Tpaul is acting lke tpaul. Im acting like tpaul..and smittys acting like me. We must all be toking.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I, for one, am shocked that the Lions signed a player and you think it is a great move. I'm sure everyone else on the board is shocked to hear this as well.

I'm quite curious -- who was the last player the Lions signed that you hated the move?

You're such a punk.

I love how I say it's great, and can actually explain why, but you want no part of that.

Your shit is always general and vague, imo because you make up your opinion based on popular opinion and snap judgments, rather than research and statistics.

I'm not afraid to stand by my opinion, because I actually can give some reasoning other than what he did in New England 3 years ago. I made a much better case for why signing him was a good move than you're making for why it wasn't. But go ahead and keep bitching... gotta stick with what you know, right?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a lot more productive last season than the guy he replaced. Can't argue with that.

Ummm, yeah you can. Every source available has. Dude's already old. And he was shitty before he was old. This is a typical Lions scrub signing. Blew our wad on another small receiver. Left with this kind of thing now. If he starts the pass defense will not be better off on account of him. Maybe it will be despite him, idk.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im trying to sort this all out. Trust me is acting like trust me. Tpaul is acting lke tpaul. Im acting like tpaul..and smittys acting like me. We must all be toking.

Haha, I wish... I'm at work right now, so no toking for me...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm, yeah you can. Every source available has. Dude's already old. And he was shitty before he was old. This is a typical Lions scrub signing. Blew our wad on another small receiver. Left with this kind of thing now. If he starts the pass defense will not be better off on account of him. Maybe it will be despite him, idk.

So I say he was more productive than Delmas last year, and you counter with "nuh-uh, he's old"?

I'm discussing apples, stop selling bananas.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im so clean I could almost pass a test with taking this Vile of pills I bought at the headshop. (Almost.). Felt like I was playing you in Lifetime Movie yesterday. Being a realist is harder than it seems.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ill gamble on tate whos just hitting his prime, has the talent, has great hands, then the alternative that the lions land another broyles or titus. Wtf happened to broyles anyways, theres no talk about him, is he still on the team? Its embarrassing how awful the lions have been at drafting offensive skill players in the past few years that players like broyles and leshoure are already afterthoughts. Everyone basically says the lions need another receiver, so I assume broyles is toast, already? Shame.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haha.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're such a punk.

I love how I say it's great, and can actually explain why, but you want no part of that.

Your shit is always general and vague, imo because you make up your opinion based on popular opinion and snap judgments, rather than research and statistics.

I'm not afraid to stand by my opinion, because I actually can give some reasoning other than what he did in New England 3 years ago. I made a much better case for why signing him was a good move than you're making for why it wasn't. But go ahead and keep bitching... gotta stick with what you know, right?

We could have signed the team manager from the Toronto Argonauts to take over at safety and you would have said it was a great signing. It doesn't matter who the Lions sign, draft, etc., you are one here saying how it was a great move.

I can tell you exactly what "your opinion" is. Whoever the Lions bring in, trade for or sign is a great move and the player will flourish in our system. Newsflash -- all the great moves made by the Lions front office has attributed to 21-27 record over the last 3 years and 1 winning season since the turn of the century.

It is alright to disagree with what a front office has done. I'm still waiting to hear the last time you disagreed with a move the Lions made.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could have signed the team manager from the Toronto Argonauts to take over at safety and you would have said it was a great signing. It doesn't matter who the Lions sign, draft, etc., you are one here saying how it was a great move.

I can tell you exactly what "your opinion" is. Whoever the Lions bring in, trade for or sign is a great move and the player will flourish in our system. Newsflash -- all the great moves made by the Lions front office has attributed to 21-27 record over the last 3 years and 1 winning season since the turn of the century.

It is alright to disagree with what a front office has done. I'm still waiting to hear the last time you disagreed with a move the Lions made.

Heard thru the grapevine he had some serious depression for several days after mike thomas was released. Cant verify source though.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf happened to broyles anyways, theres no talk about him, is he still on the team? Its embarrassing how awful the lions have been at drafting offensive skill players in the past few years that players like broyles and leshoure are already afterthoughts. Everyone basically says the lions need another receiver, so I assume broyles is toast, already? Shame.

you mean the guy coming off major knee surgery when the Lions drafted him in the 2nd round? he went on to have a 2nd major knee surgery on the other knee and topped it off by blowing out his achilles last year.

i'm sure TP will tell us how he should be well rested and come back as explosive as ever -- but major knee surgeries on both knees and an achilles surgery is going to hurt his value to the team.

and AMEN on the front office inept ability to draft outside the 1st round for skill positions. Imagine if we didn't trade up into the 1st round and 2nd round for RBs and spent that on defense. Or we didn't draft WRs in the 2nd round twice and the 3rd round, to go along with the 6th and instead used those picks to upgrade defensively.

I've said it multiple times -- instead of upgrading defensively -- the front office uses what cap space the Lions have to make up for the wasted picks they made in the draft, both at RB and WR.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you mean the guy coming off major knee surgery when the Lions drafted him in the 2nd round? he went on to have a 2nd major knee surgery on the other knee and topped it off by blowing out his achilles last year.

i'm sure TP will tell us how he should be well rested and come back as explosive as ever -- but major knee surgeries on both knees and an achilles surgery is going to hurt his value to the team.

and AMEN on the front office inept ability to draft outside the 1st round for skill positions. Imagine if we didn't trade up into the 1st round and 2nd round for RBs and spent that on defense. Or we didn't draft WRs in the 2nd round twice and the 3rd round, to go along with the 6th and instead used those picks to upgrade defensively.

I've said it multiple times -- instead of upgrading defensively -- the front office uses what cap space the Lions have to make up for the wasted picks they made in the draft, both at RB and WR.

I agree. Its unfortunate the lions continue to have to address offensive skill positions. I hated trading up two years in a row to draft running backs. I hated the titus young pick immediately. Did not like the broyles pick one bit either. It is what it is, mayhew does not do well at drafting offensive talent. He does however do much better at drafting defensive talent and that is just one of many reasons I hope the lioms draft defense early and often.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I say he was more productive than Delmas last year, and you counter with "nuh-uh, he's old"?

I'm discussing apples, stop selling bananas.

You're promoting a scab signing man. Im not crushed that Delmas is gone. Would have liked to see him stay for his whole career. (Didn't get much wear outta my 26 jersey). Ive never said I wasnt biased when it comes to LouieD. But this isn't a viable replacement.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill gamble on tate whos just hitting his prime, has the talent, has great hands, then the alternative that the lions land another broyles or titus. Wtf happened to broyles anyways, theres no talk about him, is he still on the team? Its embarrassing how awful the lions have been at drafting offensive skill players in the past few years that players like broyles and leshoure are already afterthoughts. Everyone basically says the lions need another receiver, so I assume broyles is toast, already? Shame.

Yeah, I've just assumed Broyles is done. If he's not that would be great. Still have no idea why LeShoure didn't play last year. I can understand why people like Tate based off Mayhew being horrid at finding receivers via the draft. Its not how I see it, but I can understand how others are comforted with the idea he won't throw away another high pick. (Im sure he will anyway. Possibly on a wideout. He'll draft Lee and Ill lose my mind.)