• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ITT: Discuss Bama's weak schedule.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you starting a Dry Cleaning business? Because you sure do love other people's dirty laundry.
Got to pay those MSU sexual assault victims fines somehow.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch: I never mentioned a Pac12 team in my comments to you.

I wouldn't either if I were you, they're fucking garbage....but they are just under the top 4, so presumably some people would think they somehow deserve some consideration...particularly some that are arguing that somebody in the top 4 hasn't done anything and is overrated. Apparently my bad, I didn't realize you were a such a big Georgia or Oklahoma fan.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right around number 5 or 6. IMO Bama shouldn't be ahead of Clemson.

Jesus...all that bluster for 2 spots. Goddamn, I though we had raped your sister or something.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t UCF beat a ranked Auburn in 2017?

Yeah, that was addressed in the previous post, he was asking about before that. I said they only had one ranked P5 win in the playoff era(Auburn) and he said what about Baylor...which was in 2013 before the playoffs.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that was addressed in the previous post, he was asking about before that. I said they only had one ranked P5 win in the playoff era(Auburn) and he said what about Baylor...which was in 2013 before the playoffs.
My bad.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Error? Just curious, do you imagine G5 teams have no room for improvement if given a system that lets them know what it takes to make playoffs as a matter of fact?

Also, how is arbitrary system not broken?

Because a different arbitrary system isn't better. March Madness doesn't crown the best team in college basketball...it crowns an NCAA tournament winner.

Four teams are more than enough to determine the best team.

A G5 team could start with beating a ranked P5 team during the regular season...or shit, even one with 3 or 4 losses would be a start. I can assure every G5 AD out there right now that beating a 4-8 Maryland team or a 7-6 Pitt team and a slate of G5's ain't going to get it done. Want a guarantee...look at Fresno St. in 2017, they scheduled Alabama and Washington in the same year, win those and run the table on your conference and it would be an extraordinary year that keeps you out. If you want a win your conference and you're in, go back to FCS, no P5 team has that guaranteed either.

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because a different arbitrary system isn't better. March Madness doesn't crown the best team in college basketball...it crowns an NCAA tournament winner.

Four teams are more than enough to determine the best team.

A G5 team could start with beating a ranked P5 team during the regular season...or shit, even one with 3 or 4 losses would be a start. I can assure every G5 AD out there right now that beating a 4-8 Maryland team or a 7-6 Pitt team and a slate of G5's ain't going to get it done. Want a guarantee...look at Fresno St. in 2017, they scheduled Alabama and Washington in the same year, win those and run the table on your conference and it would be an extraordinary year that keeps you out. If you want a win your conference and you're in, go back to FCS, no P5 team has that guaranteed either.

By arbitrary, I was referring to the method of how the playoff teams are determined. That said, I don't care about determining the best team. Every system detetmines a winner. I just prefer placement and advancement throughout the competition determined by facts only.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus...all that bluster for 2 spots. Goddamn, I though we had raped your sister or something.
Two spots is two spots. Bama deserves to by right around #6, right behind Clemson.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a Detroit Lions, Detroit Tigers and a Michigan State fan is very punishing.

....sentenced reduced to time served. You should probably get a get out of jail free card too.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't either if I were you, they're fucking garbage....but they are just under the top 4, so presumably some people would think they somehow deserve some consideration...particularly some that are arguing that somebody in the top 4 hasn't done anything and is overrated. Apparently my bad, I didn't realize you were a such a big Georgia or Oklahoma fan.
The Pac isn't all that bad this year. Oregon and Utah are pretty good teams. After those two, the Pac suck.

cclxxxvdicere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even close.
You’re right, his system is more precise, lots more decimal places.

;)

Sorry, but you admit that the P5 and G conferences have differing levels of player talent and absolute team strength, it’s absurd to treat them as if they did not, and it’s unfair to the teams that have to play against that talent and beat those stronger teams to rate their wins and losses exactly the same as you do the ones against weaker ones. Ultimately, it does those teams that you’re giving affirmative action to no favors as well, they’d be better off playing teams more on their own level.

And no, just them knowing what numbers they have to make doesn’t make up for the talent differential, they’d just get put into the playoff as cannon fodder, and exclude teams that actually have a chance.

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re right, his system is more precise, lots more decimal places.

;)

Sorry, but you admit that the P5 and G conferences have differing levels of player talent and absolute team strength, it’s absurd to treat them as if they did not, and it’s unfair to the teams that have to play against that talent and beat those stronger teams to rate their wins and losses exactly the same as you do the ones against weaker ones. Ultimately, it does those teams that you’re giving affirmative action to no favors as well, they’d be better off playing teams more on their own level.

And no, just them knowing what numbers they have to make doesn’t make up for the talent differential, they’d just get put into the playoff as cannon fodder, and exclude teams that actually have a chance.

I leave it up the better teams playing better schedules to beat lesser teams playing lesser schedules according to the rules in play. And they do around 95% of the time where it counts. The 5% of the time a G5 team comes out on top, they shouldn't be denied the opportunity simply because the better teams are still the better teams. Better teams losing at the rules of competition is no different than losing at the rules of a football game.

And my point about knowing what it takes to make playoffs is that G5 teams have a better chance of attracting better talent and becoming more competitive under a system which allows them to control their destiny versus one that denies the chance beyond highly improbable scenarios.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pac isn't all that bad this year. Oregon and Utah are pretty good teams. After those two, the Pac suck.

Just so we are clear.

The Pac-12 for 2019 is 0-5 versus ranked OOC teams.

You are 5-4 versus P5 teams the 5 wins are over 5 teams that are 15-27, the best record is 4-4

You are 11-7 versus G5 teams...the 11 wins are over teams with a combined record of 39-56, only two have winning records, 5-4 Nevada and 5-4 Hawaii...who only has a winning record because they are 2-1 vs Pac-12 Teams, lol.

You are 4-4 vs the Mountain West, congratulations I guess.

You are 8-0 versus FCS...go on with your bad self.

We are literally on a thread mocking Alabama's Schedule and Duke has as many wins as any P5 team your entire conference has beaten and Southern Miss at 5-3 has a better record than any G5 team your entire conference has beaten. Everything else any Pac-12 team has done has been against another Pac-12 team with an equally shitty OOC record.

Oregon does have your lone legit win over a team with a winning record, so if you want to pimp them out be my guest, but the whole conference sure looks like hot garbage to me, the fact that you have two teams in the top 10 should be cause for laughter.