• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's Tigers Time

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, a lot is expected of him when he's running, so when he seemingly falls asleep, it's twice as bad.
I absolutely agree, it was tough at times.
I don't think Kinsler can keep up this pace, but I'd like him to have a good season too. If we were at the top, it might be a little different.
I rooted for Detroit when we were out last year, on this board...so, probably will be again.

Sigh.

Murphy's comeback is the one making me smile, love Murph...always will.
And I'm happy for Cruz too...

I think all these guys needed a change of scenery...their early performance is sure giving that impression...but yes, they will all cool off. Still, I wish them all success, except against us...

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, a lot is expected of him when he's running, so when he seemingly falls asleep, it's twice as bad.
I absolutely agree, it was tough at times.
I don't think Kinsler can keep up this pace, but I'd like him to have a good season too. If we were at the top, it might be a little different.
I rooted for Detroit when we were out last year, on this board...so, probably will be again.

Sigh.

Murphy's comeback is the one making me smile, love Murph...always will.
Murph and Cruz will have nothing but good things to say when we will play their teams, I'm sure. Suspect Kins will get a very gracious applause when they travel here.

My feelings for Murph are the same as yours.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read a story from one of the Tigers blogs from earlier today, and although the title was something like "We ought to be beating these guys", the article was actually sympathetic to our plight. I thought it nicely done...

I believe that after what I heard tonight.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, I could of...being lazy.
hey thanks, I'll try and catch Martinez. Talk about trial by fire. I honestly felt bad for our guy, I think he handled himself well, we'll see him again.
He may be one of the few bright spots from this disaster of a season. Our desperation for another SP may have allowed us to "discover" Nick, which wouldn't have happened if we were at full strength...yes, we're putting a lot of pressure on this kid now...hope he can maintain his early success.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luke did well tonight for Frisco as they are up 13-0 in the 9th.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may be one of the few bright spots from this disaster of a season. Our desperation for another SP may have allowed us to "discover" Nick, which wouldn't have happened if we were at full strength...yes, we're putting a lot of pressure on this kid now...hope he can maintain his early success.

Martinez/Porcello should be a good match up. Nick has definitely been a surprise so far. I didn't know if he had the make-up when I first saw him out of the pen. He has proven me wrong so far. We need more of the youngsters to start seizing the opportunity.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers‘ incredible injury difficulties are no reason to panic, argues MLB.com’s Richard Justice. While the Athletics are well out in front of the division, Texas is hovering around .500 and is far from out of the Wild Card race. The team is fortunate to have an obvious replacement on the open market in Kendrys Morales, says Justice, and should seriously consider signing him. Otherwise, the club can still look for help from a series of young players — Justice mentions Luke Jackson, Alec Asher, and Alex Gonzalez — who can be asked to make the jump to the bigs earlier than expected.That opinion is not shared by a pair of ESPN.com writers. Keith Law (Insider piece) says that the club should be able to acquire Morales for a song, but would be better suited by cutting their losses on the year. In addition to pending free agent relievers Joakim Soria, Neal Cotts, and Jason Frasor, Law says that the club could consider shopping Alex Rios and even star third baseman Adrian Beltre. Buster Olney joins with that general sentiment, writing (via Insider) that deciding to retool for next year would give the club a chance to free up some payroll space and add some young talent back into the system.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murph and Cruz will have nothing but good things to say when we will play their teams, I'm sure. Suspect Kins will get a very gracious applause when they travel here.

My feelings for Murph are the same as yours.

I have a hard time saying anything bad about ex-players, as if anyone hasn't noticed. ;)
Maybe a little about Feldman, but I don't mind the guy. Well, Berkman too....not defending him, he did it for he money, he knew he couldn't play.
that's my nice way of saying how I feel about Berkman...and I always respected him.

so Profar has a torn muscle, that makes sense. "strain" didn't seem to quite match the news we were getting.
I'm going to research a tear, but I think you can come back 100%..depending on some things we don't know. But they had him slated to come back, so that tells me he could absolutely make a full recovery.
DON'T PLAY HIM THIS YEAR! Not worth it, and.... I don't think they will.
Also going to dig around about players and cervical injuries (Peyton doesn't count this is different)...anything interesting, I'll post it.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time saying anything bad about ex-players, as if anyone hasn't noticed. ;)
Maybe a little about Feldman, but I don't mind the guy. Well, Berkman too....not defending him, he did it for he money, he knew he couldn't play.
that's my nice way of saying how I feel about Berkman...and I always respected him.

so Profar has a torn muscle, that makes sense. "strain" didn't seem to quite match the news we were getting.
I'm going to research a tear, but I think you can come back 100%..depending on some things we don't know. But they had him slated to come back, so that tells me he could absolutely make a full recovery.
DON'T PLAY HIM THIS YEAR! Not worth it, and.... I don't think they will.
Also going to dig around about players and cervical injuries (Peyton doesn't count this is different)...anything interesting, I'll post it.
I cannot cheer for Hamilton and Wilson...I never liked Wilson (although I understand his hair smells nice) and I still believe that Hamilton quit on us in 2012...

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers‘ incredible injury difficulties are no reason to panic, argues MLB.com’s Richard Justice. While the Athletics are well out in front of the division, Texas is hovering around .500 and is far from out of the Wild Card race. The team is fortunate to have an obvious replacement on the open market in Kendrys Morales, says Justice, and should seriously consider signing him. Otherwise, the club can still look for help from a series of young players — Justice mentions Luke Jackson, Alec Asher, and Alex Gonzalez — who can be asked to make the jump to the bigs earlier than expected.That opinion is not shared by a pair of ESPN.com writers. Keith Law (Insider piece) says that the club should be able to acquire Morales for a song, but would be better suited by cutting their losses on the year. In addition to pending free agent relievers Joakim Soria, Neal Cotts, and Jason Frasor, Law says that the club could consider shopping Alex Rios and even star third baseman Adrian Beltre. Buster Olney joins with that general sentiment, writing (via Insider) that deciding to retool for next year would give the club a chance to free up some payroll space and add some young talent back into the system.

I think Beltre is a mistake considering we don't know about Fielder. Beltre... bad legs or not, could DH.
And count me in as one who thinks you try and keep a guy like him around.

We'll see, I think after JD got burned with Fielder, they'll be careful

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot cheer for Hamilton and Wilson...I never liked Wilson (although I understand his hair smells nice) and I still believe that Hamilton quit on us in 2012...

The two I hated loading the most were Napoli and Cruz. They brought a kind of attitude. And it seemed to rub off on the rest of the team. Gave the other pitcher something to worry about. But just have to move on.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two I hated loading the most were Napoli and Cruz. They brought a kind of attitude. And it seemed to rub off on the rest of the team. Gave the other pitcher something to worry about. But just have to move on.
It was great to see Napoli get his ring last year. He had a super WS in 2011...

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm reading that some people think Jackson could see the majors this year. I'm not against this as long as he keeps doing his job in the minors. Baker and Saunders won't give us any better of a chance to win.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm reading that some people think Jackson could see the majors this year. I'm not against this as long as he keeps doing his job in the minors. Baker and Saunders won't give us any better of a chance to win.
I would think he'd be a September call-up. Are they thinking it might be sooner??

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was never a big Wilson fan, but he was a part of that run, so I grant him that, but I couldn't care less about him really.
It's different with those guys, they're in the division. Hamilton collapsed under the FA pressure, some guys do. Emotionally, he's not a mature guy. While other players were learning the ups and downs of the game, Josh was a junkie. I still think he's a decent person, and I respect his comeback because most people die, there isn't any argument there, it's just a medical fact. And quite frankly, it still may kill him.

It's not that I root for him, I don't. I also don't get any pleasure from him being horrible.

If that makes sense.
:noidea:

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm in the minority about Napoli. I like him, I just don't love him like most Ranger fans.
Cruz, I love...that's been tough.

yup, have to move on. But with this season, it's pretty easy to look back.