• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's Tigers Time

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shame you guys aren't healthy.. Rangers and the Rays are two of my favorite teams after the Tigers.. Would be rooting for you guys if you weren't in the AL with my team!

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinsler has had a lot of May/April starts like this, it doesn't have anything to do with the Rangers.

He hates Daniels, (and I think that just fell apart in the last two years) it's not about his former teammates or the fans. In fact, his ex teammates all seem happy to see him, and he them.

I think you guys are reading too much into this.

:noidea:

Speaking only for me, I've got nothing invested in the "We Hate Ian Club."

But will admit, I was not the fan when he was here like some, in spite of his contributions.

You're exactly correct I think, about his teammates enjoy (ed) him and this speaks volumes where I/we don't get a voice/vote.

He's proven to be a professional ball player, and I don't see how we Ranger fans can't give him his due in this regard.

I'm stubborn, not stupid. :suds:

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shame you guys aren't healthy.. Rangers and the Rays are two of my favorite teams after the Tigers.. Would be rooting for you guys if you weren't in the AL with my team!
Rays really doing bad. Know one of their starters (Moore) is having TJ surgery. But not sure what else is wrong with the team.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just it. Haven't read or seen anything on his first go through against his old team. Except maybe a high five with Elvis.

He was on vacation with EA and EB I think when he got the news of being a Tiger. Tells me something.

Listen.....I'm not a fan of Kins....wasn't then, probably won't be in the future. But he brings a little "something" to the party I gotta admit.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rays really doing bad. Know one of their starters (Moore) is having TJ surgery. But not sure what else is wrong with the team.

The team has mediocre offense.. Great defense like usual and pitching that is injured or reeling.. So far it's been a down season for them.. I think as the season progresses, they could be in the hunt.. They are still fairly deep and could play some good baseball down the stretch..

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team has mediocre offense.. Great defense like usual and pitching that is injured or reeling.. So far it's been a down season for them.. I think as the season progresses, they could be in the hunt.. They are still fairly deep and could play some good baseball down the stretch..
Last time I checked Price was just so-so. 3 - 3, I think.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time I checked Price was just so-so. 3 - 3, I think.

4-4 4.28 ERA, very mediocre season for most of the starters, Bedard is the only one below 4.28 at 2.63

Cobb has been good but just came back from an oblique and has only made 4 starts, the 4th being yesterday

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Price is having a so-so year but his K rate is very high and much better than last year.. His WHIP is not to awful and a product of the defense so far.. Reasons? His FIP is on par to his career average at 3.21 while his xFIP is 2.56 so it shows that he's certainly pitching better than his current ERA indicates.. Also his HR/FB rate is 14.7 % which is the highest of his career.. Once that levels off to career average, he should be on par to being the Ace or atleast the number 1 starter that he was.. His K/9 is 10 and his BB/9 is only .78 which are both elite..

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Price is having a so-so year but his K rate is very high and much better than last year.. His WHIP is not to awful and a product of the defense so far.. Reasons? His FIP is on par to his career average at 3.21 while his xFIP is 2.56 so it shows that he's certainly pitching better than his current ERA indicates.. Also his HR/FB rate is 14.7 % which is the highest of his career.. Once that levels off to career average, he should be on par to being the Ace or atleast the number 1 starter that he was.. His K/9 is 10 and his BB/9 is only .78 which are both elite..
Hey buddy, only knowledgeable posters are allowed on this board. Take this hearsay and conjecture and move on!!! .....:suds::laugh3:

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just it. Haven't read or seen anything on his first go through against his old team. Except maybe a high five with Elvis.

I have the Detroit feed because I'm streaming so maybe we are seeing a few different things, he was laughing with Beltre when he was on third, and talking to Moreland, both smiling.

he actually gave a wave to Beltre when he was rounding third and Beltre gave him a slight wave back.
Being on different teams isn't never going to destroy that friendship, nor the one with EA and Harry, think of all the time they spent together...ya know, just the way it is. Even JD would understand that.

I'd like to give a shout out to the Detroit announcers, really covered how many injuries this team has had, put up pictures of all our downed players, and said some something like "look at all those big names who are hurt, (included Profar) unbelievable"....and were making very respectful remarks.
Very classy, and I appreciated it. It was so nice I may go to the Detroit board and tell their fans.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was on vacation with EA and EB I think when he got the news of being a Tiger. Tells me something.

Listen.....I'm not a fan of Kins....wasn't then, probably won't be in the future. But he brings a little "something" to the party I gotta admit.

He was on vacation with them, that's right. That tells you a lot, you've been with them all summer, almost every day and then you go to Hawaii with each other (and their families)
I think EA said, he or Beltre called their agents to try and find out what was going on (trying to help out), and admitted it was sad.
But, it's a trade you have to make, and they all understand that. Especially Beltre I would think.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the Detroit feed because I'm streaming so maybe we are seeing a few different things, he was laughing with Beltre when he was on third, and talking to Moreland, both smiling.

he actually gave a wave to Beltre when he was rounding third and Beltre gave him a slight wave back.
Being on different teams isn't never going to destroy that friendship, nor the one with EA and Harry, think of all the time they spent together...ya know, just the way it is. Even JD would understand that.

I'd like to give a shout out to the Detroit announcers, really covered how many injuries this team has had, put up pictures of all our downed players, and said some something like "look at all those big names who are hurt, (included Profar) unbelievable"....and were making very respectful remarks.
Very classy, and I appreciated it. It was so nice I may go to the Detroit board and tell their fans.
Do so for me too Lainey.

Was wondering why no interview with Kins. No video with him on the Michael Young day either. I would hope he'd be hurting for his old team as other ex-Rangers would. I'm sure he's keeping a low profile. Didn't see those moments you were referring to but it's hard keeping my interest up these days.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I read a story from one of the Tigers blogs from earlier today, and although the title was something like "We ought to be beating these guys", the article was actually sympathetic to our plight. I thought it nicely done...

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we win tomorrow, ya never know. I have no idea who's pitching...seriously, no idea.
Surreal season

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was on vacation with them, that's right. That tells you a lot, you've been with them all summer, almost every day and then you go to Hawaii with each other (and their families)
I think EA said, he or Beltre called their agents to try and find out what was going on (trying to help out), and admitted it was sad.
But, it's a trade you have to make, and they all understand that. Especially Beltre I would think.
I like Ian Kinsler, and I hope he continues to have good season with the Tigers, and I hope he gets that World Series ring that we couldn't get for him...

But damn, he would piss me off with all his base running gaffes!!

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do so for me too Lainey.

Was wondering why no interview with Kins. No video with him on the Michael Young day either. I would hope he'd be hurting for his old team as other ex-Rangers would. I'm sure he's keeping a low profile. Didn't see those moments you were referring to but it's hard keeping my interest up these days.

Young wants a job with the Rangers, Young can't put Kinsler in that video after he freaked out about JD.
I meant to post that at the time, but like you, I'm struggling to keep up.

;)

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Ian Kinsler, and I hope he continues to have good season with the Tigers, and I hope he gets that World Series ring that we couldn't get for him...

But damn, he would piss me off with all his base running gaffes!!

Sure, a lot is expected of him when he's running, so when he seemingly falls asleep, it's twice as bad.
I absolutely agree, it was tough at times.
I don't think Kinsler can keep up this pace, but I'd like him to have a good season too. If we were at the top, it might be a little different.
I rooted for Detroit when we were out last year, on this board...so, probably will be again.

Sigh.

Murphy's comeback is the one making me smile, love Murph...always will.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martinez is going tomorrow, Lewis on Sunday...

...ok, I had to look it up myself...
Ha, I could of...being lazy.
hey thanks, I'll try and catch Martinez. Talk about trial by fire. I honestly felt bad for our guy, I think he handled himself well, we'll see him again.