• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's Tigers Time

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's on Fox, then it depends on what kind of Fox package you have. (I think) ButI'm not going to get this game on TV... and can't stream anything that's on FOX

So good luck Martinez, stay close and get the Rangers to the Tiger Pen.
Tigers Pen? Yikes, bring a whip.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the same is somewhat true with Choo. But at least had a good arm.

Don't get me wrong, I am delighted we have Choo, but we do indeed miss Cruz's bat.

Disagree....which is why I posted what I posted
. I miss nothing about Cruz and consider Choo an upgrade

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from Buster Olney:

One answer would be to open the shop for business and retool for 2015. This organization, which has been in win-now mode for the past six seasons, twice made it to the World Series and came within one strike of winning a championship, could use this time to have a makeover, to gain more payroll flexibility, to add some young talent. The Rangers can find an opportunity in their misfortune, because they're in a position to send out a mass email to the other major league teams and inform them that they are open for trade offers.

Adrian Beltre, 3B: He's a future Hall of Famer who is closing in on 400 homers and 2,500 hits for his career, and while he's off to a slow start and some scouts say his defensive skills have regressed, he still brings a lot to the table. He's hitting .270 this season -- after batting .315 last season -- and he's nearing the end of his contract. Beltre is making $17 million this year, will make $18 million next year, and has a reachable vesting option for 2016 for $16 million. Texas could move him now while he still has value and before his decline -- a team like the Dodgers could be a fit -- and get a prospect or two in return.

He also listed Rios, Soria, MM and he mentioned EA too.

His overall premise was rebuilding, and I don't think he's making a suggestion; just floating some bubbles.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree....which is why I posted what I posted
. I miss nothing about Cruz and consider Choo an upgrade

I guess you've noticed Choo is in LF instead of RF? And Cruz's bat is missed dearly.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from Buster Olney:

One answer would be to open the shop for business and retool for 2015. This organization, which has been in win-now mode for the past six seasons, twice made it to the World Series and came within one strike of winning a championship, could use this time to have a makeover, to gain more payroll flexibility, to add some young talent. The Rangers can find an opportunity in their misfortune, because they're in a position to send out a mass email to the other major league teams and inform them that they are open for trade offers.

Adrian Beltre, 3B: He's a future Hall of Famer who is closing in on 400 homers and 2,500 hits for his career, and while he's off to a slow start and some scouts say his defensive skills have regressed, he still brings a lot to the table. He's hitting .270 this season -- after batting .315 last season -- and he's nearing the end of his contract. Beltre is making $17 million this year, will make $18 million next year, and has a reachable vesting option for 2016 for $16 million. Texas could move him now while he still has value and before his decline -- a team like the Dodgers could be a fit -- and get a prospect or two in return.

He also listed Rios, Soria, MM and he mentioned EA too.

His overall premise was rebuilding, and I don't think he's making a suggestion; just floating some bubbles.

Sometimes even people like Buster don't know what they're talking about. Who does he think is going to start at 3B and 1B if we were to trade either Beltre or MM?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes even people like Buster don't know what they're talking about. Who does he think is going to start at 3B and 1B if we were to trade either Beltre or MM?

His overall article was about players with the most trade value, and little else I think.

It's going to be interesting to see what the team does for the rest of the season, both on and off the field.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Tulowitzki is not going to sign an extension and wants to be traded to New York, but is there any way we could talk to COL and move EA + for Troy? They won't want to lose him to FA. They ARE going to trade him.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Tulowitzki is not going to sign an extension and wants to be traded to New York, but is there any way we could talk to COL and move EA + for Troy? They won't want to lose him to FA. They ARE going to trade him.
Whew, he would cost a fortune...and he's injured a lot... I'd be really nervous making that move...

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's signed through 2020.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whew, he would cost a fortune...and he's injured a lot... I'd be really nervous making that move...

I wonder how they'd react to a EA, Jackson, Sardi trade. Might not be near enough.

I don't know what his splits are over his career, but this year when he played in Arlington it was unbelievably skewed....like he was hitting over .600 at home and .250 away.

Also, maybe we've learned our expensive lesson on physicals and he's best get a damn good one b/c you're right, he's had some physical problems.