• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's Tigers Time

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from Buster Olney:

One answer would be to open the shop for business and retool for 2015. This organization, which has been in win-now mode for the past six seasons, twice made it to the World Series and came within one strike of winning a championship, could use this time to have a makeover, to gain more payroll flexibility, to add some young talent. The Rangers can find an opportunity in their misfortune, because they're in a position to send out a mass email to the other major league teams and inform them that they are open for trade offers.

Adrian Beltre, 3B: He's a future Hall of Famer who is closing in on 400 homers and 2,500 hits for his career, and while he's off to a slow start and some scouts say his defensive skills have regressed, he still brings a lot to the table. He's hitting .270 this season -- after batting .315 last season -- and he's nearing the end of his contract. Beltre is making $17 million this year, will make $18 million next year, and has a reachable vesting option for 2016 for $16 million. Texas could move him now while he still has value and before his decline -- a team like the Dodgers could be a fit -- and get a prospect or two in return.

He also listed Rios, Soria, MM and he mentioned EA too.

His overall premise was rebuilding, and I don't think he's making a suggestion; just floating some bubbles.
No way we'd move Beltre. We have nobody to replace him with and he sells tickets. I also dislike the idea of moving Soria. He's a dependable closer, and too few teams can claim having that ( yes, I know, which makes him a valuable trade piece).

We stand pat with our offense and our position players, meaning we don't trade or sign for any additional help We will get people back next year. It's pitching that concerns me. Holland will be back, but Harrison is likely gone and Perez is out well into next year. Tepesch and Martinez look promising, but we need some depth and an additional MORP.

I'm not proposing we trade for Price or sign Scherzer, they are too expensive or will pillage our farm system. But I think we do troll for younger prospects similar to a Skaggs or some of the Braves young arms. It may mean parting with Rios, EA, Sardinas or even a Profar, but we may have no choice...

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 21m
Saunders will start for #Rangers on Wednesday. Baker will be long man.

From Rosenthal no doubt

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justinkm83 This isn't the one I read said:
He'll start making $19+ next season, for the next 6 years and he'll be 30 before next season. So the money and age wouldn't deter someone with the Yankees money. But the Yanks minor league system is a mess and really don't have much to offer the Rockies.

But I'd have two concerns about Tulowitzki, health and how he hit's away from CO.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 21m
Saunders will start for #Rangers on Wednesday. Baker will be long man.

From Rosenthal no doubt

Saunders/Baker or Baker/Saunders.....seems way too similar to me.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you've noticed Choo is in LF instead of RF? And Cruz's bat is missed dearly.

I remain fine with my opinion. You brought Choo into the conversation, not me. I value Choo's approach and game much more than I do Nelson's hot start with the stick the first 2 months of this season. It's ok if not everyone agrees with your opinions. I don't on Crus nor Elvis's value to this team. I again remain fine with the different opinions here.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saunders/Baker or Baker/Saunders.....seems way too similar to me.
We should give Baker another turn, with normal days rest. I'm convinced (maybe more like wishful thinking), that he will be more dependable than Saunders. He just needs consistent work...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should give Baker another turn, with normal days rest. I'm convinced (maybe more like wishful thinking), that he will be more dependable than Saunders. He just needs consistent work...

I agree....Saunders is just left handed and that's carried his butt long enough

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was in the DMN today and may explain some of the Rangers thinking on him not starting:

What Baker does, by nature, is elevate pitches. He often pitches at the top of the strike zone. So, while he throws a lot of strikes, he also is prone to giving up lots of fly balls, which can be a dangerous business in the American League.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Similar my foot. More like disaster.

If Saunders pitches like Baker did yesterday, I sure hope we just let him go and be done with it.

Since the start of 2013, Saunders has allowed an opponents’ batting average of .312 and an OBP of .367, which both rank last among the 107 pitchers to make at least 30 starts.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wants to go to the Yankees.
Rather he go there if he would never be happy in Arlington. Probably be a problem if he did come here. I say pass on trying to get him.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Saunders pitches like Baker did yesterday, I sure hope we just let him go and be done with it.

Since the start of 2013, Saunders has allowed an opponents’ batting average of .312 and an OBP of .367, which both rank last among the 107 pitchers to make at least 30 starts.
You'll get no argument from me.:agree:

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling we will be calling up one of our top pitching prospects before long to replace Saunders/and or Baker in the rotation.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling we will be calling up one of our top pitching prospects before long to replace Saunders/and or Baker in the rotation.

which of these: Luke Jackson, Alec Asher or Keone Kela?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which of these: Luke Jackson, Alec Asher or Keone Kela?

I have no idea of the ramifications of calling up these guys. But I'd be all for bringing anyone of these 3 up, let em pitch a couple of games, regardless of outcome, in order to gain the experience and/or rise to the occasion.

There may be all kinds of 40 man roster/options, etc at stake here though.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea of the ramifications of calling up these guys. But I'd be all for bringing anyone of these 3 up, let em pitch a couple of games, regardless of outcome, in order to gain the experience and/or rise to the occasion.

There may be all kinds of 40 man roster/options, etc at stake here though.

none of them are on the 40 so we would have to clear a spot

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reynolds and Buck today folks. Buz and Tag doesn't seem quite so bad. Buck will spend time bringing up the WS and Cruz in RF.

Last edited by a moderator: