• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's Tigers Time

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone is interested there's a lot of info on MLB traderumors about all of this.
Jon Morori also thinks we should see what the market is for EA and Beltre during the offseason. Maybe Elvis, but not Beltre.

Trading Beltre is unacceptable.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone is interested there's a lot of info on MLB traderumors about all of this.
Jon Morori also thinks we should see what the market is for EA and Beltre during the offseason. Maybe Elvis, but not Beltre.
The problem is, with Profar being out now a major chunk of this season, we really won't get to see what he's really capable of.. Can he be an adequate (or superior) replacement for EA should we trade him?? We are not going to get to find out, which means trading EA could be too big a risk...

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've felt - still do - that I never say never, to damn near anything.

Beltre is on his last legs, literally. And as much as I admire, respect and appreciate what he's meant to this franchise, there's still that "well, what'd you have in mind" attitude I cannot let go of.

Y'all can back the bus over my head now; no hard feelings.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get the young guys as many ABs as possible and rotate the OFers through the DH spot

I'd even consider selling off Rios around the deadline if there's a market for him

However I'd consider Morales for the rest of this season, sending down Choice, trading Rios and bringing back up Choice after that happens

That's the only way I'd consider Morales
This idea has possibilities...I'm not really on board with bringing Morales in, but he may actually fill a nice role this year, plus give Choice needed time in AAA. Rios is our #1 trading chip, IMO, of the guys we are willing to part with...

Throw this out there - Braves badly need a 2b. Odor or preferably Sardinas and a lower end prospect might bring us one of their good young arms - Hale, Wood....

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've felt - still do - that I never say never, to damn near anything.

Beltre is on his last legs, literally. And as much as I admire, respect and appreciate what he's meant to this franchise, there's still that "well, what'd you have in mind" attitude I cannot let go of.

Y'all can back the bus over my head now; no hard feelings.

I know what your saying donaldson but I think we would be cutting out the heart and soul of this team. We have seen too many guys depart that if Beltre was sent packing we really have no leader.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading Beltre is unacceptable.

I know what your saying donaldson but I think we would be cutting out the heart and soul of this team. We have seen too many guys depart that if Beltre was sent packing we really have no leader.

No argument here. Nor was I making a suggestion.

Just not slamming the door shut on "anything."

Everything's for sale; question is, "what are you willing to pay."

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No argument here. Nor was I making a suggestion.

Just not slamming the door shut on "anything."

Everything's for sale; question is, "what are you willing to pay."
You're a harrrrrrrd man.:lol::laugh3:

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Concerned now on Profar's future. Hopefully this is nothing and he can come back strong. Such high hopes for this young man, though.

MLB is saying he's likely out for the season?
what is going on? "muscle strain" takes you out for the season...only on this team. I wish we had more information than muscle strain, because it does make you worry it's worse
(like you said)

This is nearing disaster with Profar and Prince, I'm starting to worry about next season.

:L

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's some Q and A's people asked EG
Question: Derek Holland has been saying he'd be back by June 1 all along. What are the chances that's true?
Grant: Derek Holland says a lot of things in exuberance and excitement. And it turns out this was done in more exuberance and excitement. He hasn't begun a rehab assignment and won't begin one before June 1, so I think getting him back by July 1 would be an accomplishment at this point. To be fair, the Rangers have said all along, they thought the All-Star break was realistic.

Question: Does Matt Harrison ever pitch again?
Grant: Man, I hope so. Matt Harrison said last week he'd give every penny of his contract back to pitch again and I believe him. You objectively analyze and report on these players' performances, but Matt is so honest and so humble, it's easy to root for him to return to have success.

Question: Is Harrison's contract guaranteed?
Grant: Yes. Rangers will get back about $6 million of his $8 million salary this year if he does not pitch again and about 75 percent of the $13 million salaries he's due on an annual basis from 2015-17.

I didn't know Harry said that. Man, that makes me feel so bad for him. He tried so hard to come back.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta understand when to be realistic. I wouldnt be surprised at all if this team "hung in there" so to speak. But the fact of the matter is, this team cant win in the playoffs. They just don't have the pitching. Nevermind the offense.. you gotta know when to throw it in.

Just saying.. people wont agree with me here but you gotta move EA at the deadline. You have to. All there is to it. Give him to a team that's desperate and will overspend now, rather then take the time to negotiate during the offseason. Get some damn power pitching for this farm system. EA could get some good arms.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB is saying he's likely out for the season?
what is going on? "muscle strain" takes you out for the season...only on this team. I wish we had more information than muscle strain, because it does make you worry it's worse
(like you said)

This is nearing disaster with Profar and Prince, I'm starting to worry about next season.

:L
This is very hard to get around, Lainey. He re-aggravated it by rolling over in his bed. If this wasn't so serious you start laughing.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta understand when to be realistic. I wouldnt be surprised at all if this team "hung in there" so to speak. But the fact of the matter is, this team cant win in the playoffs. They just don't have the pitching. Nevermind the offense.. you gotta know when to throw it in.

Just saying.. people wont agree with me here but you gotta move EA at the deadline. You have to. All there is to it. Give him to a team that's desperate and will overspend now, rather then take the time to negotiate during the offseason. Get some damn power pitching for this farm system. EA could get some good arms.

That's if he even gains any value by that point, if he doesn't start hitting at least at the level he has in years past and playing better defense, his value is pretty zilch at this point, get that average closer to .270 and maybe you consider it, but I'm still against the idea,

Also, lets see how Odor and Sardinas do before we start making decisions going forward with EA

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's if he even gains any value by that point, if he doesn't start hitting at least at the level he has in years past and playing better defense, his value is pretty zilch at this point, get that average closer to .270 and maybe you consider it, but I'm still against the idea,

Also, lets see how Odor and Sardinas do before we start making decisions going forward with EA

I'm just saying, teams will trade more for him at the deadline then they will in the offseason, when there isnt a deadline to negotiate a trade. So we may as well pull the trigger. Even if we trade EA, we're still left with a logjam up the middle

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just saying, teams will trade more for him at the deadline then they will in the offseason, when there isnt a deadline to negotiate a trade. So we may as well pull the trigger. Even if we trade EA, we're still left with a logjam up the middle

Not really, none of the 3 guys have proven capable, so I don't see the logjam you speak of, Profar has shown flashes and probably is almost there, but he hasn't taken the necessary steps yet

With Odor & Sardi the sample is too small to make any sort of determinations about their ML ability

Gaining anything of value for Andrus is still contingent on him gaining said value you back by proving he can hit again, which he's not now, right now he isn't going to fetch much

Your comments now reek of making a trade just to make a trade