• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's Tigers Time

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Why would we? It's not worth the cost. It's not like he's the one missing piece. We're royally fucked.

i agree but his bat might give some of our young pitchers a chance that doing nothing might remove. i mean Prince wasn't exactly burning it up on offense and we were doing okay, not great but okay, and maybe Morales comes in and lits a spark under Beltre & Rios that Prince definitely wasn't doing

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree but his bat might give some of our young pitchers a chance that doing nothing might remove. i mean Prince wasn't exactly burning it up on offense and we were doing okay, not great but okay, and maybe Morales comes in and lits a spark under Beltre & Rios that Prince definitely wasn't doing

I just don't see this team as a playoff contender with or without morales.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Morales has been a consistent hitter for much of his career. You could plug him into the 6th-7th spot and have another RBI guy. He's also an asset. You could always trade him later.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

More than likely you are right. I can easily see your side of the Morales thing, but at this point it can't hurt. I'm sure management wants to fill the seats. I don't think there's any doubt that Morales will make us a better team than we would be without him.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see Morales or anyone else lighting a spark under Beltre. Beltre is THE spark lighter.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Concerned now on Profar's future. Hopefully this is nothing and he can come back strong. Such high hopes for this young man, though.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

not think about playoffs, just think that the team would be more competitive with his bat in the lineup. the bottom half of the lineup has been pretty mediocre and putting more stress on the young guys isn't going to do them any good.

a lineup of:

Choo LF
Andrus SS
Beltre 3B
Morales DH
Rios RF
Moreland 1B
Chinirios/Gimenez C
Martin/Choice CF
Odor/Sardinas 2B

makes sense

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see Morales or anyone else lighting a spark under Beltre. Beltre is THE spark lighter.

the way Beltre has been playing maybe he knew something wasn't right with Prince. he just doesn't seem to have his usual spark

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not think about playoffs, just think that the team would be more competitive with his bat in the lineup. the bottom half of the lineup has been pretty mediocre and putting more stress on the young guys isn't going to do them any good.

a lineup of:

Choo LF
Andrus SS
Beltre 3B
Morales DH
Rios RF
Moreland 1B
Chinirios/Gimenez C
Martin/Choice CF
Odor/Sardinas 2B

makes sense

If we're not a playoff contender, who cares? :noidea:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe AB is hitting .361 over his last 9 games and Rio's has hit over .300 pretty much the entire season. No fire needed there it seems to me. But Fielder has struggled mightily, but maybe we now have some rationale as to why.

I'm with ya on 22 May, let's roll with what we've got and see what happens.

I brought this up earlier, and wonder if Lillibridge is still with us? If so, then we have a decent, experienced option for both corner OF spots, as well as 2nd/1st. Didn't he damn near come out of ST with a spot?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romeo, i just can't believe that you would give up this early in the season. it is better to try and fail then to not try at all

Sometimes it's better to see the forest rather than focus in a single tree. I know when it's time to be realistic.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe AB is hitting .361 over his last 9 games and Rio's has hit over .300 pretty much the entire season. No fire needed there it seems to me. But Fielder has struggled mightily, but maybe we now have some rationale as to why.

I'm with ya on 22 May, let's roll with what we've got and see what happens.

I brought this up earlier, and wonder if Lillibridge is still with us? If so, then we have a decent, experienced option for both corner OF spots, as well as 2nd/1st. Didn't he damn near come out of ST with a spot?
Agree w/you about Beltre and Rios. Especially Beltre. That man is all heart and gives it all he has.
This is a perfect time to develop the youngsters and get an overview of what we can expect next year. Lots to learn about ourselves. IMO

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes it's better to see the forest rather than focus in a single tree. I know when it's time to be realistic.

i agree which why i'm looking the team and thinking adding Morales sends the message to the team that management believes in them and that the team still has the opportunity to compete

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's a huge difference between optimistic/pessimistic and realistic IMO.

We've got a the 7/8th highest payroll in MLB today and about a third of that is on the DL. If I were someone with control of the checkbook in Arlington today, I'd vote NO on spending money for right now.

But again, it's 22 May, and the bank ain't closed.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a huge difference between optimistic/pessimistic and realistic IMO.

We've got a the 7/8th highest payroll in MLB today and about a third of that is on the DL. If I were someone with control of the checkbook in Arlington today, I'd vote NO on spending money for right now.

But again, it's 22 May, and the bank ain't closed.

Absolutely.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree which why i'm looking the team and thinking adding Morales sends the message to the team that management believes in them and that the team still has the opportunity to compete
Give him that pro-rated salary that Drew got with Boston. Be a FA again at the end of the year.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the way Beltre has been playing maybe he knew something wasn't right with Prince. he just doesn't seem to have his usual spark

Get the young guys as many ABs as possible and rotate the OFers through the DH spot

I'd even consider selling off Rios around the deadline if there's a market for him

However I'd consider Morales for the rest of this season, sending down Choice, trading Rios and bringing back up Choice after that happens

That's the only way I'd consider Morales

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone is interested there's a lot of info on MLB traderumors about all of this.
Jon Morori also thinks we should see what the market is for EA and Beltre during the offseason. Maybe Elvis, but not Beltre.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Corey hart going onto the DL I'm sure Seattle will be looking to add Morales too. I wouldn't get into a bidding war by any means, but he's a good hitter, and I would add him if the price is right.