• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's Tigers Time

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does prince considering surgery surprise anyone? Seriously? At this point I was actually expecting it

It didn't surprise me. I said this yesterday:

Well, he'll have a lot of company on the DL. I've never seen anything like this. I have a feeling he's going
to need surgery. That's the way our year has gone.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never seen anything like this before

There's a very good reason for this; it's never happened before.

Truly, truly incredible.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, neither are desirable, but a discectomy is preferred to a fusion. As I mentioned earlier a fusion creates hypomobility at the fusion site, and that's bad in the neck for a pull hitter, but not as bad as in Harrison's case. The real problem with the fusion is the long term effects. It's creates instability at the levels around it and that's a problem 3-4 years down the road. And since we own prince for the next six years, that's a problem.

Discectomy has a better long term prognosis, especially in the cervical region. With proper strengthening and an outstanding surgeon he could be back to normal for the foreseeable future. But when it comes to spine surgery, nothing is certain

On a side note, here is an interesting study on the rehab potential of major league pitchers who receive fusion surgery. It's more optimistic than I expected. Maybe there's hope for Harry after all.
Outcomes of Cervical and Lumbar Disk Herniations in Major League Baseball Pitchers | Orthopedics

Thank you very much. And I/we do appreciate the attached article as well.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you very much. And I/we do appreciate the attached article as well.

Truth is, most discectomy's are accompanied by a fusion anyways. I just realized I was confusing disectomy with laminectomy. Geez it's not like I do this for a living or anything. :L

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what the report is (that he rolled over on it wrong)

Yep. HOWEVER, Choice & Odor are definitely going to be getting sizable looks this season.

I like Odor but at this point Sardinas has looked better and one of them needs to get regular ABs here, and the other needs regular ABs in AAA. I don't like them both up here with one of them always on the bench.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didn't surprise me. I said this yesterday:

Well, he'll have a lot of company on the DL. I've never seen anything like this. I have a feeling he's going
to need surgery. That's the way our year has gone.

Our "All DL" team can kick the shit outta any other team's "ALL DL" team.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth is, most discectomy's are accompanied by a fusion anyways. I just realized I was confusing disectomy with laminectomy. Geez it's not like I do this for a living or anything. :L

I'm disappointed and disillusioned as well. :suds:

Didn't even know the term "discectomy" until today.

I was going to ask you if you were in the Sports Med Field or not. Guess not.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm disappointed and disillusioned as well. :suds:

Didn't even know the term "discectomy" until today.

I was going to ask you if you were in the Sports Med Field or not. Guess not.

I'm in physical therapy. I was being sarcastic when I said that as I was disgusted with myself.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone think we bring in Morales for the rest of the season

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in physical therapy. I was being sarcastic when I said that as I was disgusted with myself.

Sorry....bad pick up on my part.

Always enjoy your input, especially when it comes to the injuries.

I'm outta town, so is this official on Profar/Prince now?

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't it be something if this team hung around and somehow made the playoffs? You never know. Maybe some of these kids will start to come around and the team will rally around it. Sometimes it's easier for guys to produce when nobody is expecting you to.

I really am not sweating the Fielder surgery because he wasn't himself anyways. I'd rather him come back healthy next year as opposed to hitting .240 playing below average D. The news that really hurt today was the Profar news. We needed his bat in one of the 7-8-9 spots. There's too many easy outs down there.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't it be something if this team hung around and somehow made the playoffs? You never know. Maybe some of these kids will start to come around and the team will rally around it. Sometimes it's easier for guys to produce when nobody is expecting you to.

I really am not sweating the Fielder surgery because he wasn't himself anyways. I'd rather him come back healthy next year as opposed to hitting .240 playing below average D. The news that really hurt today was the Profar news. We needed his bat in one of the 7-8-9 spots. There's too many easy outs down there.

Honestly, wouldnt surprise me. Only 2 games back of the WC -- and there's 3/4 of the season to play. Anything can happen.

Losing Prince hurts, but what he has provided this season - Mitch can accomplish. Profar out for another 8-12 weeks hurts too. Need one of Sardinas or Odor to step it up.

Depends on how JD & Company view the rest of the season. Personally, I'd like to see Choice get the AB's... but with the rate of injuries... it wouldnt hurt to have another option.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No. Why would we? It's not worth the cost. It's not like he's the one missing piece. We're royally fucked.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only team that I know of that has had injuries like this is the Cowboys, and it was just last year. Maybe the JJ curse attached itself to the ballpark next door.