• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's Finally Game Day

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't read any comments. But how strange was it to watch your team and # 12 wasn't there? Saw some highlights on redzone and it just didn't seem right. But then again seeing that asshole from ann arbor in Tampa Bay was equally weird. Hope BB takes the Pats back to the playoffs and Bucs finish 8-8 or 9-7.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy world we live in today... seeing Cam out there was definitely bizarre. He played well, but how long before he gets dinged up, then what? He took some hard shots.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam can suck all the wieners he wants. I’m fine with it. For a guy who hasn’t played a lot of football in a couple years, I thought he looked great. With more practice/games he will only get better. He had a better game than “Pick 6 Brady” and “Yo soy Fiesta” Gronk. I loved both those guys. But I’m glad they moved on.
Gronk looked like Gronk in the blocking scheme, but he looked like a run of the mill clod TE on the receiving side.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy world we live in today... seeing Cam out there was definitely bizarre. He played well, but how long before he gets dinged up, then what? He took some hard shots.
It kinda looked like we were watching back when Brissett and Jimmy G were experiments while TB "rested" for those 4 games a few years ago.

The thing with Cam, Skippy and Bill, they will keep a team constantly in the wrong defense. Stack the pass defense and run, pack the line and we pass. If they pack the line the pass defense is left as straight up and Cam can pick that a part. My only concern with Cam (and almost any other QB out there) is multiple reads and forcing a straight up D will neutralize that...

Last edited:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh needs a couple of games to really get a feel for what Cam can do and how well he can do it. Watching the first quarter was certainly bizarre after twenty years of seeing the same guy do his thing. Have to give Cam a chance to get his feet under him. I'm fully expecting the roof to cave in if he screws up in Seattle.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gronk looked like Gronk in the blocking scheme, but he looked like a run of the mill clod TE on the receiving side.
Hit nail on the head.
Gronk blocked like Gronk but he moved like an old lineman and couldn't possibly getinto any serious passing game.....

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It kinda looked like we were watching back when Brissett and Jimmy G were experiments while TB "rested" for those 4 games a few years ago.

The thing with Cam, Skippy and Bill, they will keep a team constantly in the wrong defense. Stack the pass defense and run, pack the line and we pass. If they pack the line the pass defense is left as straight up and Cam can pick that a part. My only concern with Cam (and almost any other QB out there) is multiple reads and forcing a straight up D will neutralize that...

He made some adjustments out there... on the early sack, I was like "oh brother Cam, you gotta see when they're overloading for a blitz and get rid of it." Later in the game, he made the quick read and did a much better job neutralizing the blitz. Miami was stacking the box with 9 up tight, this team will see that going forward. Tough schedule, it's going to be a rocky ride.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made some adjustments out there... on the early sack, I was like "oh brother Cam, you gotta see when they're overloading for a blitz and get rid of it." Later in the game, he made the quick read and did a much better job neutralizing the blitz. Miami was stacking the box with 9 up tight, this team will see that going forward. Tough schedule, it's going to be a rocky ride.
Going to be rocky at points.
There will be adjustments for every team.....

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is quirky, not an asshole... unless you are referring to something specific I missed.

Well, no confusion about who I'm talking about.
I'm trying to like him and have thought his press conferences have all been somewhat interesting as he gives more insight than Brady ever did. And he's a gamer. That said, when is everybody going to acknowledge that the guy is a Peter puffer? First, who the fuck wears expensive chains during an NFL game? Who the fuck dresses like that? And his emotional outburst after the game yesterday solidified it. He's likely a pillow biter. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Just sayin.
I don't give a shit about that.
Ya, as long as the dude practices hard, plays hard, and is liked by his teammates it's all good but I will likely be inclined to skip his press conferences. When he had his little outburst yesterday I couldn't help but wonder how BB will deal with that if it continues to happen.

Again, I want to like him and he's by all accounts been a great teammate so far but that little outburst in the first game of the season had me at least slightly concerned as there are tougher teams ahead.
All this BS about his teammate's accolades...this is NE, of course they're going to publicly laud him. Besides, I'm not calling him a bad teammate, I'm calling him an asshole who either brags or pouts. I've said that for his whole career and I'm not going to all of a sudden admire him because he's in a Patriot jersey....and then a pimp's outfit.

I had no problem welcoming another QB after Tom but this guy?

No-thanks-GIF.gif

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, no confusion about who I'm talking about.

I don't give a shit about that.

All this BS about his teammate's accolades...this is NE, of course they're going to publicly laud him. Besides, I'm not calling him a bad teammate, I'm calling him an asshole who either brags or pouts. I've said that for his whole career and I'm not going to all of a sudden admire him because he's in a Patriot jersey....and then a pimp's outfit.

I had no problem welcoming another QB after Tom but this guy?

No-thanks-GIF.gif
After seeing him up close I have a different perspective on him. I'll say it again, he's quirky, and add flamboyant. There's a difference between flamboyancy and "It's all about me". Him giving the ball to Andrews and egging him on with the spike shows progress (really, it does).

I wasn't ready to root for the guy, but I am now. Yes most of it's because he's on MY team. But most of the "me first" friction I saw before coming here is gone.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh needs a couple of games to really get a feel for what Cam can do and how well he can do it. Watching the first quarter was certainly bizarre after twenty years of seeing the same guy do his thing. Have to give Cam a chance to get his feet under him. I'm fully expecting the roof to cave in if he screws up in Seattle.
Josh might need the entire season. I still don't understand how all the prior year game tapes across all the networks were erased :).

Josh has all he needs to be ready now. The rest of the team will need loads of practice with the new game plan, the one where they shift between pure running, pure passing, and rpo plays with the same personnel. I wonder how Johnson will work as a pass catching H-Back?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the game for the third time last night looking at one thing...........................the run and how it was set up.

Here are the different formations:

Empty backfield Cam in the shotgun
Single back
Two back I Formation
Two back split even behind Cam
Two back unbalanced split behind Cam
Single back shotgun
Two back shotgun
Three wide receivers
Two wide receivers and TE
One WR and 2 TE
3 TEs
4 TEs

Runs were between G and C, G and T, Wide R, Wide L.

The Patriots literally ran every running formation in the history of football and every one of them worked for positive yards.

Two reasons why they did it. 1 - It gave every back on the roster a chance to run the ball. 2. Pete carroll has to set up his defense to primarily stop the run. If he doesn't, the Patriots will chew up the clock and the Seahawks won't be able to slow down the game.

While I'm watching the running game, another thing showed a bright as an LED candle. Cam was 15 of 19 passing for 155 yards. Harry, Edelman, Izzo, White and JJ Taylor all caught passes and his main 2 targets were Harry and Edelman who caught five each. That's 2 WR, 2 RB and a TE. Josh will put a wrinkle or two into the short passing game and the entire design is to sontinuously keep the defense trying to guess run or pass. Watching the game film against the Falcons will give Cam all of the cues that he needs to audible or keep.

This offense is going to have more wrinkles than an 80 year old smoker.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots literally ran every running formation in the history of football and every one of them worked for positive yards.

I was wrong..........................................

They did NOT run the Triple Wing. I realized this dropping some kids off at the pool.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wrong..........................................

They did NOT run the Triple Wing. I realized this dropping some kids off at the pool.
Thanks for clarifying that you are old. :)