• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's Finally Game Day

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up here in the Northeast, the media has so little to discuss that the first NFL game of season is like a major event that just can't be left alone. Over the past four days there has been at least ten "Pregame" type shows and each of them has been repeated multiple times. This morning I trashed seven repeated programs that I trashed yesterday that were shown Friday.

Believe it or not, there are two new programs that will "Kick Off The 2020 Season". I've made the decision not to DVR or watch them. There cannot be anything said or shown on either program that hasn't already been shown.

The wait for for 1:00 PM Eastern time will be agonizing. I got up at 4:00 am, fed the pup, went back to bed and got up for good at 6:30 am. I cleaned up the programs on the TV and am about to have my third 12 oz cup of coffee. I keep looking at my watch and it's stuck on 8:00 am.

Anyway.............................game meal for the opener is chili. Temp at game time is expected to be 72 with a 5 mph wind. It's overcast here in NH and appears to be the same in Foxboro.

Let's discuss the good and the bad once the game begins.

Think Elandon Roberts will play FB for the Dolphins??

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up here in the Northeast, the media has so little to discuss that the first NFL game of season is like a major event that just can't be left alone. Over the past four days there has been at least ten "Pregame" type shows and each of them has been repeated multiple times. This morning I trashed seven repeated programs that I trashed yesterday that were shown Friday.

Believe it or not, there are two new programs that will "Kick Off The 2020 Season". I've made the decision not to DVR or watch them. There cannot be anything said or shown on either program that hasn't already been shown.

The wait for for 1:00 PM Eastern time will be agonizing. I got up at 4:00 am, fed the pup, went back to bed and got up for good at 6:30 am. I cleaned up the programs on the TV and am about to have my third 12 oz cup of coffee. I keep looking at my watch and it's stuck on 8:00 am.

Anyway.............................game meal for the opener is chili. Temp at game time is expected to be 72 with a 5 mph wind. It's overcast here in NH and appears to be the same in Foxboro.

Let's discuss the good and the bad once the game begins.

Shows? What shows? Kinda like a tree falling in the woods and making no noise.. If you don't look for them you won't ever know they existed. I have my DVR set for 1PM and that's all I need to know... other than tuning in to the hoop and the BK report.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyway.............................game meal for the opener is chili. Temp at game time is expected to be 72 with a 5 mph wind. It's overcast here in NH and appears to be the same in Foxboro

Let's discuss the good and the bad once the game begin

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RE Elandon Roberts: He has played well at LB for the Fins in camp. He's been a big hitter on RBs. I am thinking that's how the Fins will use him. He could also keep an eye out for Cam. I doubt the Fins use him much at FB. The Fins have C. Cox and TEs who can block. That said, we won't know for sure until the game begins.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RE Elandon Roberts: He has played well at LB for the Fins in camp. He's been a big hitter on RBs. I am thinking that's how the Fins will use him. He could also keep an eye out for Cam. I doubt the Fins use him much at FB. The Fins have C. Cox and TEs who can block. That said, we won't know for sure until the game begins.
His forte is is the run game between the tackles. he doesn't have he speed to run outside and catch someone breaking the edge and he has real problems covering the Tight End. We saw him at his best against the run with the Pats. You're probably right and he'll be a two down backer until Flores decides otherwise.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got an email from Patriots.com

26 "expert predictions" of today's game Patriots 24 of 26, Dolphin 2 of 26.

Gotta laugh. The big spread was 27-10. The majority were 3 or 4 points.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots just announced the inactives for today:

Jarrett Stidham (Fallen to third on the depth chart?)
Josh Uche
Dalton Keene
Corey Cunningham
Cassh Maluia

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea that to expect today but I can't fucking wait. Game one and we're already banged up.

I'm still debating getting the online Sunday ticket even though it's $400. Don't want to trust these hack sites though I may give it one last shot. Only unaddressed issue with DTV is if you spend $400 and then they cancel the season, do you get your money back? Doubtful.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots just announced the inactives for today:

Jarrett Stidham (Fallen to third on the depth chart?)
Josh Uche
Dalton Keene
Corey Cunningham
Cassh Maluia

So does this actually mean we might see Harris play?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is? Didn't know that
Pretty sure he is but this year IR is for the first three weeks of the season so he can return soon. Pretty sure it's a hand injury.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad game. Little boring on the offensive side. But the RBs and O line looked good. Minus JE11 not really digging these WRs. Harry finally starts getting some looks and fumbles thru the end zone.
Fitzmagic made the NE secondary look good. Run D was solid.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For it being the first game with no preseason, I think the Patriots played well. If Cam stays healthy he can be down right scary to defend. Defense played solid minus the pass interference calls.

Nice win against a team who gives us trouble.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newton looked injured at the end of the game. Limping and was pissed off.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newton looked injured at the end of the game. Limping and was pissed off.

He certainly grabbed for his hamstring. I believe someone took a cheap shot on him at the end and that is why he was so pissed. He was ready to knock someone out

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michel - Actually appears to be running with a chip on his shoulder and falling forward
Harry - Made some nice strides then screwed it all up
Newton - IF healthy can truly help this team
Defense - Pretty good minus to DPIs by Gilmore
Patriots had there chances for more points and to make it an easier win but that's how things happen. Overall pretty solid start for not really having much practice together..

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked
Onwenu
Taylr!
Gilmore playing with a hammy,
JoeJuan, Playing but still sometimes watching,
Izzo
JC Jackaon,
Etc......

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michel - Actually appears to be running with a chip on his shoulder and falling forward
Harry - Made some nice strides then screwed it all up
Newton - IF healthy can truly help this team
Defense - Pretty good minus to DPIs by Gilmore
Patriots had there chances for more points and to make it an easier win but that's how things happen. Overall pretty solid start for not really having much practice together..
That Harry thru the EZ play was awful. Hardly get to see one of those. Overall, he was solid, Miami ripped that ball out.