• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It appears Florida will play 4 FCS team in 2 years

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! see above.

Reading comprehension really is not your strong suit as I said.
:scratch: Read above where?? Yes I do have a problem with reading your comments, as you are all over the place. You are talking in circles.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch: Read above where?? Yes I do have a problem with reading your comments, as you are all over the place. You are talking in circles.

I tried to save you the trouble of leaping to another false conclusion....to wit claiming I had said miami was an annual opponent. I KNEW that's where you would go next. I amended the original post to say exactly that. Obviously you didn't read it in time because that's just where you went. No, miami is not an annual opponent. They are an occasional opponent for UF.

I'm entirely consistent in what I've said. You on the other hand keep reading into my statements things I never said.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to save you the trouble of leaping to another false conclusion....to wit claiming I had said miami was an annual opponent. I KNEW that's where you would go next. I amended the original post to say exactly that. Obviously you didn't read it in time because that's just where you went. No, miami is not an annual opponent. They are an occasional opponent for UF.

I'm entirely consistent in what I've said. You on the other hand keep reading into my statements things I never said.
Well you did change the subject by claiming Florida has played "More final ranked and more top 10 over the last 20-30-40 years than anybody else". That wasn't part of our conversation.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you did change the subject by claiming Florida has played "More final ranked and more top 10 over the last 20-30-40 years than anybody else". That wasn't part of our conversation.

When people are throwing out "scheduling cowardice" left and right, its directly relevant to point out that we've played more quality opponents than anybody else. If that's cowardice, what does it say about everybody else?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When people are throwing out "scheduling cowardice" left and right, its directly relevant to point out that we've played more quality opponents than anybody else. If that's cowardice, what does it say about everybody else?
I never called Florida scheduling department cowards. Your comment of "Florida has played "More final ranked and more top 10 over the last 20-30-40 years than anybody else", wasn't part of our conversation.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never called Florida scheduling department cowards. Your comment of "Florida has played "More final ranked and more top 10 over the last 20-30-40 years than anybody else", wasn't part of our conversation.

It was certainly thrown around a lot in this thread. Therefore the number of quality opponents faced was and is directly relevant. Hell, its a lot more relevant than "out of state" which means nothing.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was certainly thrown around a lot in this thread. Therefore the number of quality opponents faced was and is directly relevant. Hell, its a lot more relevant than "out of state" which means nothing.
Whatever, I'm going to bed.

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

??? well thru all of the smoke and mirrors … it remains that Florida played 2 FCS teams this year and Florida is schedule to play 2 FCS teams next year …

Florida's SOS is around 56 presently … and gator fans got to pay money to watch Charleston Southern and Idaho.

While teams like USC, Notre Dame, OU, and Texas all have a considerably better SOS ...

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
??? well thru all of the smoke and mirrors … it remains that Florida played 2 FCS teams this year and Florida is schedule to play 2 FCS teams next year …

Florida's SOS is around 56 presently … and gator fans got to pay money to watch Charleston Southern and Idaho.

While teams like USC, Notre Dame, OU, and Texas all have a considerably better SOS ...

Not according to this
Résumé S&P+, a better CFB strength of schedule ranking

or this
NCAA College Football Strength of Schedule Rankings & Ratings

or this
College Football Ratings Page

Those happen to be the first 3 that show up on a google search. So once again neil, I'm gonna have to call bullshit on one of your claims.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s go through it again.

Need 7 home games.

12 game schedule

WLOCP game in Jax = 1 game

7 SEC games + fsu = 8 games total with 4 home games.

8 games Total + WLOCP game = 9. 8+1=9.

Still following along? Good.

7 home games needed - 4 home games played = 3 home games needed. 7-4=3.

12 game schedule.....9 games played so how many games left? (Que jeopardy music)

Got it yet?

It’s 3! The correct answer is 3 games left.

So since we still need 3 home games and there are 3 games left on the schedule, where do those 3 games need to be played?

(Jeopardy music again)

Got it yet?

Need more time?

Home! Very good! That’s correct! Those 3 remaining games need to be played at home. I’m so proud of you! I knew you could do it!

LOL yeah, Florida NEEDS 7 home games. RIGHT

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said break even? You keep assuming things incorrectly.

Again, UF plays more final ranked opponents than anybody else over time as is. So why should UF change anything?

FWIW, I'd drop fsu and schedule a home and home with other P5 teams with the occasional game against fsu like we do with miami now (6th matchup this century with miami next season).

The point at the end of the day is....why should UF change when UF plays more quality opponents right now?

The answer to your second and fourth paragraphs is the 8 game conference schedule.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer to your second and fourth paragraphs is the 8 game conference schedule.

and? As I said, UF plays more quality opponents than anybody else.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Glad you recognize this. Most major programs try to schedule 7 home games.

But most don’t NEED them as you described. Florida playing Georgia every year neutral site banks them more than playing Georgia every other year at home. I’d bet that.

In years when you play FSU at home it’d be easy to schedule a P5 away and then the next year at home. You’d still keep 7 home games.

Your excuses are bullshit.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But most don’t NEED them as you described. Florida playing Georgia every year neutral site banks them more than playing Georgia every other year at home. I’d bet that.

In years when you play FSU at home it’d be easy to schedule a P5 away and then the next year at home. You’d still keep 7 home games.

Your excuses are bullshit.

Nope! Your proposed scheduling for UF is bullshit. We've already outlined this multiple times in this thread. fsu playing @ UF does not open up an extra spot in the schedule. Go back and read.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s easy to call them quality when they play an extra G5 then a P5 as most other conferences do.

end of season ranked and end of season top 10. More than anybody else.

You DO realize who UF plays OOC every year, right? How have they done over the last 40 years or so?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope! Your proposed scheduling for UF is bullshit. We've already outlined this multiple times in this thread. fsu playing @ UF does not open up an extra spot in the schedule. Go back and read.

How the fuck does it not? Seriously you are so full of shit and getting called out for it.

UF has 8 conference games and the FSU game garunteed.
The layout when FSU is home is 4H-3A-1N
The layout when FSU is away is 3H-4A-1N

That leaves 3 OOC games left. No one is trying to take All 3 from UF. 2 of those every year should and will be home. What I’m proposing is UF schedule a P5 home (when FSU is away) and away (when FSU is home) which would certainly meet your requirement for 7 home games.

So you’re full of shit

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
end of season ranked and end of season top 10. More than anybody else.

You DO realize who UF plays OOC every year, right? How have they done over the last 40 years or so?

You get ranked teams from your conference playing 8 conference games. That extra G5 helps a helluva lot.

You do realize you play 3 shit teams OOC and FSU. An when FSU is shit it’s 4 OOC teams. Not the best look.