• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It appears Florida will play 4 FCS team in 2 years

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay fair enough, but 1918 was a little before my time. :-)
That’s all I’m saying, early on you played the same shitty programs as everyone else. Once FCS actually became a thing, you stopped playing them.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to start cutting sports programs if your school is that broke where you have to have 7+ home games every year to break even.

Again, you can have your 4 home games every year in conference, G5 patsy home game every year, FCS patsy home game every year. Then have FSU home one year and play a road P5 game and the following year it would be FSU on the road and then a P5 at home and still be paid 7 home games every year on average.
You should compare sports programs to prove your point. Say... Michigan State's financial status to that of Florida. Explain with numbers then share it with the AD. Go!

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to start cutting sports programs if your school is that broke where you have to have 7+ home games every year to break even.

Again, you can have your 4 home games every year in conference, G5 patsy home game every year, FCS patsy home game every year. Then have FSU home one year and play a road P5 game and the following year it would be FSU on the road and then a P5 at home and still be paid 7 home games every year on average.

Who said break even? You keep assuming things incorrectly.

Again, UF plays more final ranked opponents than anybody else over time as is. So why should UF change anything?

FWIW, I'd drop fsu and schedule a home and home with other P5 teams with the occasional game against fsu like we do with miami now (6th matchup this century with miami next season).

The point at the end of the day is....why should UF change when UF plays more quality opponents right now?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said break even? You keep assuming things incorrectly.

Again, UF plays more final ranked opponents than anybody else over time as is. So why should UF change anything?

FWIW, I'd drop fsu and schedule a home and home with other P5 teams with the occasional game against fsu like we do with miami now (6th matchup this century with miami next season).

The point at the end of the day is....why should UF change when UF plays more quality opponents right now?
So again, as has been said many times but you keep denying, Florida has no desire to play more quality opponents out of conference.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who told you that game is played at a loss?

You seem to be making considerably less than you would from a home game. Looking at it from an opportunity cost perspective Florida is leaving a lot of money on the table...especially when you consider the financial difficulties you described earlier.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its impossible to do while keeping to the budget which requires 7 homes games. By the way, UF plays an OOC home and home game every year. fsu is in the ACC.

Besides, why should UF do that? UF already plays more final ranked opponents than anybody else in America over the last 20, 30, 40 years.
Okay, but I just don't understand why other schools play 7 homes games and schedule a home and home OOC games out of state. For example read my comment #324. :noidea:

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So again, as has been said many times but you keep denying, Florida has no desire to play more quality opponents out of conference.

Why should UF play more when UF already plays more quality opponents than anybody else as is?

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, but I just don't understand why other schools play 7 homes games and schedule a home and home OOC games out of state. For example read my comment #324. :noidea:

because other schools have neither an annual neutral site rivalry game nor two quality OOC opponents in-state.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to be making considerably less than you would from a home game. Looking at it from an opportunity cost perspective Florida is leaving a lot of money on the table...especially when you consider the financial difficulties you described earlier.

Why do you assume UF is making considerably less than it would from a home game?

I did not describe financial difficulty. I said UF requires 7 home games. The UF football program is quite profitable but those profits are needed right now to finance facilities improvements.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s all I’m saying, early on you played the same shitty programs as everyone else. Once FCS actually became a thing, you stopped playing them.

Teams that are now FCS were the best teams back then.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should compare sports programs to prove your point. Say... Michigan State's financial status to that of Florida. Explain with numbers then share it with the AD. Go!

Deathroll is the one starting Florida cant afford to play OOC p5 schools other than FSU...

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you assume UF is making considerably less than it would from a home game?

I did not describe financial difficulty. I said UF requires 7 home games. The UF football program is quite profitable but those profits are needed right now to finance facilities improvements.

If they are making about the same as a home game, then why do you keep mentioning the neutral site game as a reason why they can't schedule OOC road games? It should be irrelevant.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because other schools have neither an annual neutral site rivalry game nor two quality OOC opponents in-state.
What teams plays "two quality OOC opponents in state". Read my comment #324 again.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to ask @Deathroll that question.