• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It appears Florida will play 4 FCS team in 2 years

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course UF makes money from that game. If you're not going to be satisfied unless UF agrees to lose money due to its scheduling or to flush its tradition (like playing the WLOCP) down the toilet, well then you're just going to be left unsatisfied. Somehow UF will manage to live with that.
So if they are profiting off of the game, why is it not counting towards the home game requirement that you stated uf needs to meet its financial needs?

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if they are profiting off of the game, why is it not counting towards the home game requirement that you stated uf needs to meet its financial needs?

because its not a home game and because UF is under no obligation to attempt to please fans of other schools who do not wish UF well.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be all in favor of dropping fsu and doing just that.
Why does Florida have to drop FSU? The Gators can still play FSU and schedule a "home and home"" against a team like USC, Notre Dame or U-DUB in the future. :noidea:

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not enough recent success for it to be considered beneficial for the University?
Maybe, but USC is going to Texas to play Bama in 2020, will that be beneficial for USC?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because its not a home game and because UF is under no obligation to attempt to please fans of other schools who do not wish UF well.

Of course not, but if they are being well-compensated for playing the WLOCP, then the revenue argument is moot.

9 game conference schedule means some years 4 conference home games (5 if you account for Wlocp).

Then Florida has the home and home with FSU, meaning with 2 games left to schedule they are already at 5-6 home games.

If they wanted to they could have 1 game be a low level FBS or FCS team so they are now up to 6-7 home games.

Now they are already at that 6-7 threshold you stated earlier that they needed, so doing home and homes or big neutral site games should be easy to come by.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at it this way. You COULD be playing Auburn, and then you might be sitting next to a goat.

I wouldn’t care if we were playing Florida A&M — I’m just tired of playing Florida, what seems like, every year (reality is — we’ve only played them 4 times ever, but this will be the 3rd time in 4 years)

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does Florida have to drop FSU? The Gators can still play FSU and schedule a "home and home"" against a team like USC, Notre Dame or U-DUB in the future. :noidea:

Gosh, so now out of state doesn’t matter? I thought you wanted UF to schedule just like everybody else. Now it seems you want something totally different.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course not, but if they are being well-compensated for playing the WLOCP, then the revenue argument is moot.

9 game conference schedule means some years 4 conference home games (5 if you account for Wlocp).

Then Florida has the home and home with FSU, meaning with 2 games left to schedule they are already at 5-6 home games.

If they wanted to they could have 1 game be a low level FBS or FCS team so they are now up to 6-7 home games.

Now they are already at that 6-7 threshold you stated earlier that they needed, so doing home and homes or big neutral site games should be easy to come by.

Let’s go through it again.

Need 7 home games.

12 game schedule

WLOCP game in Jax = 1 game

7 SEC games + fsu = 8 games total with 4 home games.

8 games Total + WLOCP game = 9. 8+1=9.

Still following along? Good.

7 home games needed - 4 home games played = 3 home games needed. 7-4=3.

12 game schedule.....9 games played so how many games left? (Que jeopardy music)

Got it yet?

It’s 3! The correct answer is 3 games left.

So since we still need 3 home games and there are 3 games left on the schedule, where do those 3 games need to be played?

(Jeopardy music again)

Got it yet?

Need more time?

Home! Very good! That’s correct! Those 3 remaining games need to be played at home. I’m so proud of you! I knew you could do it!

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gosh, so now out of state doesn’t matter? I thought you wanted UF to schedule just like everybody else. Now it seems you want something totally different.
What? I never said "out of state OOC games" don't matter. What "totally different" do I want? I said Florida can keep their rival game against FSU and still schedule a game out of state. USC will play Notre Dame (as they do every year) and still go to Texas to play Bama in 2020.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s go through it again.

Need 7 home games.

12 game schedule

WLOCP game in Jax = 1 game

7 SEC games + fsu = 8 games total with 4 home games.

8 games Total + WLOCP game = 9. 8+1=9.

Still following along? Good.

7 home games needed - 4 home games played = 3 home games needed. 7-4=3.

12 game schedule.....9 games played so how many games left? (Que jeopardy music)

Got it yet?

It’s 3! The correct answer is 3 games left.

So since we still need 3 home games and there are 3 games left on the schedule, where do those 3 games need to be played?

(Jeopardy music again)

Got it yet?

Need more time?

Home! Very good! That’s correct! Those 3 remaining games need to be played at home. I’m so proud of you! I knew you could do it!
You stated earlier that 6 games would be acceptable if there was a big OOC opponent. Did you change your mind?

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? I never said "out of state OOC games" don't matter. What "totally different" do I want? I said Florida can keep their rival game against FSU and still schedule a game out of state. USC will play Notre Dame (as they do every year) and still go to Texas to play Bama in 2020.

For UF to schedule "just like everybody else" UF would drop fsu and schedule a home and home vs 1 other various other P5 team on a rotating basis every year.

UF cannot keep their game against fsu and still schedule a game out of state - at least not if UF hopes to keep to its budget. So why should UF lose money it would otherwise make with the standard 7th home game in order to play an OOC game out of state?

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You stated earlier that 6 games would be acceptable if there was a big OOC opponent. Did you change your mind?

Once in a while. Certainly not every year. I very clearly stated once in a while. That obviously cannot be the norm.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are the revenues split for that game?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I was taking a shot at UF. USC has never* played an FCS school so their scheduling can't be questioned

*I think
They haven’t played an FCS team since the split but they have played teams that are currently FCS or lower.