• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Utah Now a Sleeper Pick for PAC 12 South?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is pretty much my point. Red_Alert is in full on angry child mode, calling names and desperately trying to make Utah State look like a serious win. Utah is irrelevant in the actual landscape of the NCAA. Like I said before, this thread is like me making a thread about Minnesota being legit.

not exactly. the Legends division is pretty much sorted out between Michigan/Nebraska/Northwestern, everyone knows one of those three teams will win it. PAC-12 South is really undetermined. Lots of question marks, although UCLA IMO appears to be the favorite, many wonder if they will be as good or better than they were last year, they did lose some threats on offense.

USC is gone so that opens up a spot, Arizona State is an annual let down team come October and no one else in the south has looked all that great.

Bottom line; the South is so messed up and such a cluster that no one knows who will come away with the division, unlike where everyone knows Minnesota wont win anything.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not exactly. the Legends division is pretty much sorted out between Michigan/Nebraska/Northwestern, everyone knows one of those three teams will win it. PAC-12 South is really undetermined. Lots of question marks, although UCLA IMO appears to be the favorite, many wonder if they will be as good or better than they were last year, they did lose some threats on offense.

USC is gone so that opens up a spot, Arizona State is an annual let down team come October and no one else in the south has looked all that great.

Bottom line; the South is so messed up and such a cluster that no one knows who will come away with the division, unlike where everyone knows Minnesota wont win anything.

If you don't know that Utah isn't winning this division, that says a lot about the Pac conference strength. Michigan/Nebraska/Northwestern will win the Legends, you're right. Arizona State/Arizona/UCLA will win the Pac South, just the same. Utah is a team. They aren't good, they aren't bad. They're actually very similar to Minnesota. They'll quietly win 6-7 games, none of those over anyone of merit. Sun up, sun down.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't know that Utah isn't winning this division, that says a lot about the Pac conference strength. Michigan/Nebraska/Northwestern will win the Legends, you're right. Arizona State/Arizona/UCLA will win the Pac South, just the same. Utah is a team. They aren't good, they aren't bad. They're actually very similar to Minnesota. They'll quietly win 6-7 games, none of those over anyone of merit. Sun up, sun down.

this typically is enough or at least close enough to the wins you need to win the South. UCLA is Two time PAC-12 South champions. 6 wins and 8 wins.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this typically is enough or at least close enough to the wins you need to win the South. UCLA is Two time PAC-12 South champions. 6 wins and 8 wins.

True, but the one year was because USC wasn't allowed to be, and UCLA was 9-3 at the end of the regular season last year. Utah has no business going 9-3 with games against all of the top teams in the conference. Like I said, if Utah wins the South, that says a lot about the Pac conference strength.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at their schedule, if UofA doesn't end up being any good, Utah only has 3-4 conference games that are going to be hard. UCLA, Stanford, Oregon and ASU. And again, history has proven ASU disappears come October.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is pretty much my point. Red_Alert is in full on angry child mode, calling names and desperately trying to make Utah State look like a serious win. Utah is irrelevant in the actual landscape of the NCAA. Like I said before, this thread is like me making a thread about Minnesota being legit.

:drama:

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at their schedule, if UofA doesn't end up being any good, Utah only has 3-4 conference games that are going to be hard. UCLA, Stanford, Oregon and ASU. And again, history has proven ASU disappears come October.

History has also shown that Utah is unable to be competitive in the Pac, going under .500 both years, and nothing really is there this year to suggest they're gonna all of the sudden be better than the top teams in the conference. Arizona looks fine so far, so that's an arbitrary "if". I would just have to think no rational fan of any Pac team thinks so low of their conference that a team like Utah could be a division champ. For as much talk about how tough the conference is supposed to be, this would fly right in the face of that idea.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Certainly not unreasonable to envision an 8-4 team to win that south division.

USC isn't top tier at the moment. UCLA, UA, and ASU haven't even been 2nd tier since Christ was a child. The division is not a lock for anyone.

Sox is bent out of shape over nothing.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
History has also shown that Utah is unable to be competitive in the Pac, going under .500 both years, and nothing really is there this year to suggest they're gonna all of the sudden be better than the top teams in the conference. Arizona looks fine so far, so that's an arbitrary "if". I would just have to think no rational fan of any Pac team thinks so low of their conference that a team like Utah could be a division champ. For as much talk about how tough the conference is supposed to be, this would fly right in the face of that idea.

Maybe the conference is so tough top to bottom that it is possible for Utah to win the division.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the conference is so tough top to bottom that it is possible for Utah to win the division.

That doesn't make any sense. If a conference is tough, that would mean a pedestrian team like Utah would have no chance. It isn't like they're missing the top teams, they're playing them.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams change. And Utahs history shows they change in the blink of an eye. Going from two mediocre seasons to two undefeated seasons and BCS bowl wins.

The south is wide open with Colorado being the only team on the outs imo.

Utahs not my favorite, but someone considering them a sleeper certainly isn't out of his mind.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The "top teams in the conference" are in the north. Nobody has said Utah would be "better than" them. Neither has anyone predicted Utah to win the south. Just that it's on the table.

Amazing how bent out of shape you're getting over something so trivial.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "top teams in the conference" are in the north. Nobody has said Utah would be "better than" them. Neither has anyone predicted Utah to win the south. Just that it's on the table.

Amazing how bent out of shape you're getting over something so trivial.

Amazing that you're being so overly dramatic because I pointed out that Utah is an average team. I get that you're a USU fan, but at least be rational about it, dude. Just calm down. It can't be news to you that Utah is just an average team.

Like I've said earlier, it's "On the table" that Minnesota could win the Legends, but it's nonsensical. Both Utah and Minnesota would need enormous upsets and likely a lot of injuries to other teams to be actual contenders, so I didn't see the point of the thread.

Sorry to get you so riled up. :suds:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the minds of Ohio Taint fans, the season is over before it's even played.

That comes from decades of playing in the over-rated B-one-G.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing that you're being so overly dramatic because I pointed out that Utah is an average team. I get that you're a USU fan, but at least be rational about it, dude. Just calm down. It can't be news to you that Utah is just an average team.

Like I've said earlier, it's "On the table" that Minnesota could win the Legends, but it's nonsensical. Both Utah and Minnesota would need enormous upsets and likely a lot of injuries to other teams to be actual contenders, so I didn't see the point of the thread.

Sorry to get you so riled up. :suds:

I'm not a Utah St fan. Those favorite teams say Why Nebraska U "YNU".

As in why hire so many coaches with no experience at the levels they are filling.

I will say Utah St would be a mid tier B-one-G team. Especially when they were under GA.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a Utah St fan. Those favorite teams say Why Nebraska U "YNU".

As in why hire so many coaches with no experience at the levels they are filling.

I will say Utah St would be a mid tier B-one-G team. Especially when they were under GA.

Under GA last year, they'd of been mid-tier. Otherwise, no. They'd be lower tier basically every other year.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BamaTee, you're being too dramatic and getting all bent out of shape... :doh:

Sox you're being yourself! :doh: I'm joking and you say I'm being too dramatic? Does anyone on these boards know sarcasm or humor? :scratch:

Truth be told I have not given the PAC 12 South division one thought until I read this. Had to look up the exact teams in it and it is very mediocre. Someties the truth is the truth! :noidea:

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox you're being yourself! :doh: I'm joking and you say I'm being too dramatic? Does anyone on these boards know sarcasm or humor? :scratch:

Truth be told I have not given the PAC 12 South division one thought until I read this. Had to look up the exact teams in it and it is very mediocre. Someties the truth is the truth! :noidea:

Dude... I was being sarcastic. I have the same thoughts as you do on the matter, and for voicing them I was told I was getting bent out of shape and being dramatic by Red_Alert...