• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is this year the crux of Tennessee football?

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@occupant: May earthquakes leave you with brain tremors in your later years.
@tabascojet: May an alligator bite off your wedding tackle.
@BTHOtu: May your bitterness be your constant companion until your life ends.
@MAIZEandBLUE09: May you lose a bet with the wrong people and have to have the winged helmet design tattooed on your glans.

[Read the following with swallowed vowel sounds]
Fuck y'all! GO VOLS!
Checker_Neyland_t755_h3eedff1274f937db618708ca9b85d96e33e791a9.jpg

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For conversations....I think the Vols time is coming they started playing some really good football the second half of the season. Butch really has them improving. After they lost to Bama by 4 they got 6 straight wins, even their 2 losses in the SEC were by 4 or less points. I really think they are on the verge.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee is a program far beyond a decline and nearly in free fall mode despite the solid recruiting classes recently. Too many 'bargain bin hires', these resulted from: 1. Unrealistic expectations on interest level from coaches that would never ever go there at this current point in time (Jon Gruden), 2. Selling out on the unrealistic expectation with no viable plan B, resulting in the best realistic coaches being hired by other teams, 3. Panic mode hires. Oh crap season starts in a week, we better find someone to take this job, lets hire (insert mid major mediocre coach here). 4. Wash rinse, repeat.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee is a program far beyond a decline and nearly in free fall mode despite the solid recruiting classes recently. Too many 'bargain bin hires', these resulted from: 1. Unrealistic expectations on interest level from coaches that would never ever go there at this current point in time (Jon Gruden), 2. Selling out on the unrealistic expectation with no viable plan B, resulting in the best realistic coaches being hired by other teams, 3. Panic mode hires. Oh crap season starts in a week, we better find someone to take this job, lets hire (insert mid major mediocre coach here). 4. Wash rinse, repeat.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butch is like the Les Miles of the East, can recruit but can't manage a game if his life depended on it. Butch is also especially awful when leading late in the game.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They get their first real test week 2. I just hope I can be vertical and coherent enough to "watch it" down in Bristol.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They get their first real test week 2. I just hope I can be vertical and coherent enough to "watch it" down in Bristol.
I like the game being played, still the stupidest location for a neutral site game not counting the Bahama's. There is a freaking fence obstructing the view, their will be no good seats in the house. Worst idea I have seen in quite some time.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For conversations....I think the Vols time is coming they started playing some really good football the second half of the season. Butch really has them improving. After they lost to Bama by 4 they got 6 straight wins, even their 2 losses in the SEC were by 4 or less points. I really think they are on the verge.
I agree but that term 'the verge' very similar to potential. They can be good, but will they ever reach that potential? Butch's mismanagement of leads in big games seriously makes me question his ability to close.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the game being played, still the stupidest location for a neutral site game not counting the Bahama's. There is a freaking fence obstructing the view, their will be no good seats in the house. Worst idea I have seen in quite some time.
To spice it up they should have a truck and trailer race going on the track at the same time as the game......winner!

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Given that you're a fan of Les Tigres, we'll let slide your lack of research into the obvious. The woes of Tennessee men's athletics can be traced to Mike Hamilton's tenure as AD. Post-hurricane Hamilton, Tennessee had neither the means nor the reputation to secure top-shelf talent. Currint AD, Hart has ghosts of sexism following him from FSU & Bama, but, he does seem to have the touch to manage finances. Jones was a promising mid-tier coach who wanted the Tennessee job, even though he knew that Hamilton/Dooley had left the program in shambles.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tennessee has to win the East. It's so fucking weak right now, even Texas could win that division this year.

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be the third straight year hearing the same ol' same ol' about Tennessee. I don't think Butch is going to get them to where they think they should be, and less than 9 wins regular season and he is done. Cripes, that schedule has two FCS teams!!

I think he may get to 8-4 regular season. 3-4 after seven games. The stretch is pretty easy looking. If they lose to UK or Vandy, goodbye Butch.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee Tech is the only FCS team. App State is in the Sun Bet (went 11-2 last season).

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Butch Jones will not be fired after this season... He has done nothing but increase win totals every year since he's been here. Hell, even Dooley lasted back-to-back 5-7 seasons with losses to UK and Vandy.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen the crux of this argument comes down to a series of things.....first on that list is to win the East and they aren't doing that without ending a decade plus losing streak. Go gators!!