• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is this Manziel's last year?

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but the future is still bright for the aggies down the road without Manziel. If A&M can get some depth on the defense they could compete for title .

i-dont-believe-you-gif.gif

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why any sane, rational person thinks he would stay. Stay for what?

That dude was thinking draft LAST year.......he's most definitely gone.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a redshirt.

Contrary to popular belief, he was an inherited player from the previous coaching regime.

He is gone from college station about 1 nanosecond after their bowl game ends this season.
Total BS ... he will be gone in a yoctosecond (yes, I did have to Google it) after his bowl game.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but the future is still bright for the aggies down the road without Manziel. If A&M can get some depth on the defense they could compete for title .

LOL, Aggy's 15 minutes are over once JF is gone. The only reason AGGY doesn't have 4 losses already is b/c of JF. Plus, USC may walk in and take your coach after this season. Then throw in the fact, Sumlin has never had a winning record when he has had to recruit his own QB and use that QB.

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's not like he's punching his girlfriend, throwing her head first into a wall and walked away leaving her bleeding from the skull.

Right?

What kind of a university could continue to let a player like THAT remain on the roster?!

I mean, if Johnny had done something so malicious, certainly any decent university would have kicked him out of school.

Wouldn't it take a university completely void of morals to not only keep a player like that, but do so JUST for a national championship?

Hypothetically, I mean. We all know that would never happen.

He sat practically the entire year and due to 'good' behavior we let him share playing time in the NC.

Non-issue, we would've gone undefeated and won every game without him. Ahman Green was our other RB

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,293.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if hes done with A&M after this year I hope he gets drafted. I love watching him play

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be shocked if he stayed.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His choice is:
Keep the momentum going in Aggieland
or
Stand on the sideline in the NFL

If he stays he will be one of only a handful of QBs in the SEC with any experience.
If he goes he will be a third stringer/scout team starter/clip board holder.

And we have a good Freshman QB behind Joekel and the #1 QB recruit for 2014. Neither of these kids are on the same level as Manziel yet but then again, who is? I think we'll be ok if he leaves.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sat practically the entire year and due to 'good' behavior we let him share playing time in the NC.

Non-issue, we would've gone undefeated and won every game without him. Ahman Green was our other RB

Um, no.

He was sat down for 4 games as I recall.

And no, you wouldn't have gone undefeated without him. If you could have, you would have. Tom brought him back because he needed him. He was brought back for the Iowa game. Remember?

I was LIVING in Lincoln, NE at the time.

And he started in the national championship game.

Tom's coddling of Phillips meant that Phillips didn't learn his lesson. So he went to the NFL and got into trouble there with the Rams. Then the 'Fins.

In 2005 he was arrested for driving a car into three people while he was already wanted by the cops for choking his GF until she blacked out.

On October 10, 2006, Phillips, was found guilty of seven counts of assault with a deadly weapon. On October 3, 2008, Phillips was sentenced to 10 years in a California state prison. While serving that sentence, Philips was convicted in August 2009 for the assault on his then-girlfriend on seven counts, including assault with great bodily injury; false imprisonment; making a criminal threat; and auto theft. For the latter conviction, Phillips faced 25 years in prison when he was sentenced in November 2009.[11]

On December 18, 2009, Phillips was sentenced to 25 years in prison on the 2009 convictions, to run consecutive to the 2008 sentence (which was reduced to just under 7 years), for a term of more than 31 years.[12] Phillips, California Department of Corrections# G31982, was admitted to the CDCR on October 16, 2008. Currently[when?], Phillips is incarcerated at Kern Valley State Prison.[13] Under California law, since his crimes harmed other persons he must serve at least 85 percent of his sentence before being eligible for time off with good behavior. He will not be eligible for release until he serves 26 years—when he will be 57 years old

Lawrence Phillips - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One has to wonder how much of that would, or wouldn't have happened, if Tom had suspended him for the entire year or kicked him off the team altogether.

It's fair to say whatever lesson he was supposed to learn, he didn't learn it. Part of that is on Osbourne who said at the time, "The best way to discipline him is on the team". And the fact that it helped Tom win ball games and a national championship made Tom no never mind at all. Right?

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His choice is:
Keep the momentum going in Aggieland
or
Stand on the sideline in the NFL

If he stays he will be one of only a handful of QBs in the SEC with any experience.
If he goes he will be a third stringer/scout team starter/clip board holder.

And we have a good Freshman QB behind Joekel and the #1 QB recruit for 2014. Neither of these kids are on the same level as Manziel yet but then again, who is? I think we'll be ok if he leaves.

Depends upon where he goes to be honest.

If he's drafted by the Giants, yeah - he'll hold a clip board.

But when you look at the success at running QB's like RGIII, Kap and that guy in Seattle it would be hard to have a talent like him holding a clip board if the guy playing QB isn't as good. Yeah?

BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet he goes.

He doesn't need to prove anything else in College, yeah he wants to win the National Championship but I think money speaks more then winning a title. He will probably be a first round pick and yeah he will probably sit the bench but at least he won't get injured and have his career cut short. The smart move for him would be going pro.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said he hates College Station and 'can't wait to leave' and he's obsessed with $$. Of course the guy is done after this year.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evans is gone for sure. He red shirted in 11, has kids and needs a paycheck. Hate to see Evans go but RSJ could be just as good and he red shirted this season.

JFF, depends on his draft stock. This is a very deep QB class and I'm pretty sure he will have an agent advising him to wait till next year if he is projected to go in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. He could get a bigger paycheck next year.

Also depends on his injury. from what has been leaking out he has a separated shoulder and might have to sit out for two or three games. That's not going to help him in the up coming draft. But on the other side is that he might not want to risk another injury and leave for the draft after the season.

If JFF leaves for the NFL we have Kenny Hill, true freshman, which showed some really good potential and Kyle Allen which is an absolute beast at QB coming in with the 2014 Class.

Our offense is deep enough and I'm not too worried. Defense sucks. We do not have a DL or LB worth a damn and even have had to convert a WR to play LB to help stop the bleeding. Not working. However, #1 Texas DE Myles Garret class of 14 has committed and #1 DT Daylon Mack class of 15 also has committed. Sumlin is about to reel in a monster recruiting class. Help in on the way. :clap:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would probably work well with my Philly Eagles. (irony for my fandom)

Kelly is just biding time with (Vick/Foles) until his first draft and he gets a guy for the system.

I don't think Philly will have a shot at Marcus Mariota, but Manziel would still be around later.

All the Eagles need is someone who can run around enough and buy time for the speedsters.

Superspeedsters like Maclin (when back), Jackson, and McCoy would be scary if a guy like JFF can buy them an extra .5 seconds to break free.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, Aggy's 15 minutes are over once JF is gone. The only reason AGGY doesn't have 4 losses already is b/c of JF. Plus, USC may walk in and take your coach after this season. Then throw in the fact, Sumlin has never had a winning record when he has had to recruit his own QB and use that QB.

I disagree because A&M has Kenny Hill who's just like Johnny and they have Kyle Allen coming in who is like the #1 pro style QB coming in next year put either behind this experienced line and they will have tons of sucess and no Sumlin isn`t going to USC since he's not a west coast guy and plus if he leaves somewhere down tthe road it will be to the NFL. How do you know he can't win with his own QB he was never in Houston long enough and that 2010 seasin when Kenum got hurt,his back up got hurt so he had to go with his third stringer. but he did do a good job with Bradford when he was at OU.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't heard how Manziel is dealing with that injury. IMO, no way should his coach let him return not knowing the extent of the injury or the potential for further and possibly permanent damage. IMO, Manziel goes pro as he has nothing further to prove and needs to play for a team that has decent protection. Manziel is a one man gang who is too competitive for his own good. As stated, losing Evans will be a huge loss as that guy might just be the best receiver in College Football. IMO, Manziel will make a great pro quarterback and just might be the 1st quarterback taken. Reminds me of Fran Tarkinton and Joe Montana; both excellent pros.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't heard how Manziel is dealing with that injury. IMO, no way should his coach let him return not knowing the extent of the injury or the potential for further and possibly permanent damage. IMO, Manziel goes pro as he has nothing further to prove and needs to play for a team that has decent protection. Manziel is a one man gang who is too competitive for his own good. As stated, losing Evans will be a huge loss as that guy might just be the best receiver in College Football. IMO, Manziel will make a great pro quarterback and just might be the 1st quarterback taken. Reminds me of Fran Tarkinton and Joe Montana; both excellent pros.

He won't be a first rounder. He most certainly won't be the first QB taken. Right now a lot of scouts have him as a 3rd round grade.

Despite his spectacular plays, his passes are mostly toss ups. Those great completions in college will be INTs in the NFL.

He has quite a ways to go as a passer at the pro level. If he goes before the 3rd round, it will be purely on intangibles.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way Sumlin is using him up he had better get the hell out of there because his luck is running out. He came out with injuries in the Ole Miss and Auburn game the punishment his body is taking is substantial.

There is only so much one guy can take. I think he goes.