• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is this Manziel's last year?

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally I try to be polite but are you really that stupid?

95 Nebraska is widely considered the best team to ever be fielded.
The offensive line allowed 0 sacks all year
Tommie Frazier was our QB behind that monster line
Ahman Green was our back up RB
Nobody played us close that year we beat 4 top 10 teams with an average score of 49-18.

Yeah we sure needed Phillips to win that Colorado game:doh: We only won 44-21 in Boulder and the game wasn't even remotely close. However according to your retarded logic LP was the only reason we won that game:clap: Dumbass.

Edit- You said Iowa, in which we didn't even play Iowa in 95...If you meant Iowa State, yes we needed LP to beat Iowa State 73-14.

Also, if memory serves me right I don't even think LP played in one of those games :rollseyes:

Where the 'Huskers ranked that year among all time teams is open to debate so...do you have a poll or vote by committee that says they're 'widely considered' the best team ever fielded?

Least of all is that you were incredibly one dimensional. Hard to be the best ever if you're not balanced.

Most of the teams you played weren't in your class, if memory serves. Hence the blow outs.

Again, I was living in Lincoln at the time and the bias toward's Phillips was unreal. Tell me, what punishment did he get from law enforcement for assaulting that woman?

What punishment would the average Joe have gotten?

Who started in the national championship game? Was it Phillips? I believe it was. Thank you. And he got a lot of carries as I recall.

Tom Osbourne had a ring to win and he wasn't taking chances. If he had to slap this kid on the wrist to keep his star RB and win the national championship, that's what he was going to do.

So what if Phillips never learned his lesson? So what if the guy he considered a father gave him a pass on 1st degree assault? The lesson Tom taught him was you can do what you want OFF the field as long as you play well ON it.

It's a lesson he took the NFL and failed with.

It's a lesson he's taken all the way to prison.

Your schedule was so weak that you helped form the Big 12 because you wanted more title shots and the Big 8 was a weak conference.

Only my 'Horns handed you your asses in the first Big 12 game. How many yards did we rack up on you that day? 600? So much for that vaunted black shirt defense.

I told my friends at the time that the Big 12 was going to be the end of Nebraska football as you know it. Texas and A&M got some big, beef eating boys just like the 'Huskers and they - unlike the 'Huskers - can actually throw it.

You guys never quite got the hang of airing it out. It's why we usually owned you.

You're one dimentional - always have been, always will be.

Lawrence Phillips could have been one of the greatest RB's the NFL had ever seen. Great speed and great power. But Tom Osbourne let him off the hook. He let this kid down. At this critical moment of his life, Tom slapped him on the wrist to keep him playing.

Sad.

There's no way...NO WAY he should have played that year at all.

If you didn't need him, he would have been suspended that year.

Tom did what was best for Tom, not what was best for LP.

Can you honstly tell me that, if LP wasn't a 'Husker, he wouldn't have gone to jail?

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where the 'Huskers ranked that year among all time teams is open to debate so...do you have a poll or vote by committee that says they're 'widely considered' the best team ever fielded?

Least of all is that you were incredibly one dimensional. Hard to be the best ever if you're not balanced.

Most of the teams you played weren't in your class, if memory serves. Hence the blow outs.

Again, I was living in Lincoln at the time and the bias toward's Phillips was unreal. Tell me, what punishment did he get from law enforcement for assaulting that woman?

What punishment would the average Joe have gotten?

Who started in the national championship game? Was it Phillips? I believe it was. Thank you. And he got a lot of carries as I recall.

Tom Osbourne had a ring to win and he wasn't taking chances. If he had to slap this kid on the wrist to keep his star RB and win the national championship, that's what he was going to do.

So what if Phillips never learned his lesson? So what if the guy he considered a father gave him a pass on 1st degree assault? The lesson Tom taught him was you can do what you want OFF the field as long as you play well ON it.

It's a lesson he took the NFL and failed with.

It's a lesson he's taken all the way to prison.

Your schedule was so weak that you helped form the Big 12 because you wanted more title shots and the Big 8 was a weak conference.

Only my 'Horns handed you your asses in the first Big 12 game. How many yards did we rack up on you that day? 600? So much for that vaunted black shirt defense.

I told my friends at the time that the Big 12 was going to be the end of Nebraska football as you know it. Texas and A&M got some big, beef eating boys just like the 'Huskers and they - unlike the 'Huskers - can actually throw it.

You guys never quite got the hang of airing it out. It's why we usually owned you.

You're one dimentional - always have been, always will be.

Lawrence Phillips could have been one of the greatest RB's the NFL had ever seen. Great speed and great power. But Tom Osbourne let him off the hook. He let this kid down. At this critical moment of his life, Tom slapped him on the wrist to keep him playing.

Sad.

There's no way...NO WAY he should have played that year at all.

If you didn't need him, he would have been suspended that year.

Tom did what was best for Tom, not what was best for LP.

Can you honstly tell me that, if LP wasn't a 'Husker, he wouldn't have gone to jail?

Every disney poll ever having a poll on the greatest CFB team of all time 95 Nebraska has won. I am not making it up, it's pure fact. You're entitled to your own opinion but as far as committees and voting polls, 95 Nebraska has always taken the cake AT A WIDE MARGIN.

Here is one just off the top of my head;

And you can cry/whine about 'one dimensional' all you want, but 95 Nebraska didn't have to throw the ball. Congrats on Texas beating a good Nebraska team in 96; even a blind squirrel finds a nut, upsets happen. However you're deflecting the argument. You're claiming Nebraska only won the NC because of LP. Clearly not the case. Also, I don't see how you can say Nebraska didn't play anybody. We beat 4 top 10 teams that year, and beat the #2 team into a pulp. Who else was there left to play? An NFL team?

Last edited by a moderator:

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every disney poll ever having a poll on the greatest CFB team of all time 95 Nebraska has won. I am not making it up, it's pure fact. You're entitled to your own opinion but as far as committees and voting polls, 95 Nebraska has always taken the cake AT A WIDE MARGIN.

Here is one just off the top of my head;
Kirk Herbstreit is a whining little girl - YouTube

And you can cry/whine about 'one dimensional' all you want, but 95 Nebraska didn't have to throw the ball. Congrats on Texas beating a good Nebraska team in 96; even a blind squirrel finds a nut, upsets happen. However you're deflecting the argument. You're claiming Nebraska only won the NC because of LP. Clearly not the case. Also, I don't see how you can say Nebraska didn't play anybody. We beat 4 top 10 teams that year, and beat the #2 team into a pulp. Who else was there left to play? An NFL team?

You aren't the best team ever if you're one dimensional.

I'd put Alabama of recent years up against the 'Huskers any day.

Neb won the national championship only because LP played. I'll stand by that. The proof of that is who did Osbourne start in that game? How many yards did he run for?

He shouldn't have even BEEN there to start with - he should have been in prison and you know it. He got a pass because Tom wanted him to. Also shows you how much pull old Tom had with law enforcement in Lincoln.

Texas flat out BEAT you that day in St. Louis, we just didn't get lucky. We threw the ball and that confused you. You didn't know how to stop it.

4th and inches and we passed it to a wide open TE. Nebraska never even thought it might be a pass.

LP had no business on the sideline in '95 for Nebraska or anyone else. He got away with a felony.

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren't the best team ever if you're one dimensional.

I'd put Alabama of recent years up against the 'Huskers any day.

Neb won the national championship only because LP played. I'll stand by that. The proof of that is who did Osbourne start in that game? How many yards did he run for?

He shouldn't have even BEEN there to start with - he should have been in prison and you know it. He got a pass because Tom wanted him to. Also shows you how much pull old Tom had with law enforcement in Lincoln.

Texas flat out BEAT you that day in St. Louis, we just didn't get lucky. We threw the ball and that confused you. You didn't know how to stop it.

4th and inches and we passed it to a wide open TE. Nebraska never even thought it might be a pass.

LP had no business on the sideline in '95 for Nebraska or anyone else. He got away with a felony.

You're dumb. Usually people who are intelligent will come up with a reasonable argument to support their claim. Instead you're telling me Nebraska only won the National Championship because they started a particular individual at running back. 62-24, and we stopped ourselves from scoring another touchdown to make it 69 at the end of the game. Yes one running back is the sole reason that happened.:clap: Holy shit you're stupid.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're dumb. Usually people who are intelligent will come up with a reasonable argument to support their claim. Instead you're telling me Nebraska only won the National Championship because they started a particular individual at running back. 62-24, and we stopped ourselves from scoring another touchdown to make it 69 at the end of the game. Yes one running back is the sole reason that happened.:clap: Holy shit you're stupid.

Thanks for admitting you lost the argument. The first person to throw insults usually is.

You didn't have any response when I said he shouldn't have been on the field AT ALL that year since he committed a felony.

And eveidently you missed his stats for that game. 165 yards and 2 TD's on 25 carries. He also scored on a pass. So that's 21 of 62 points? Naw....you didn't need him at all. :L

You needed him - if you didn't Tom would have suspended him all year, if not cut him altogether.

Tom had the chance to teach him a lesson and he passed on it to make sure he got his ring.

Meh, it only cost LP his future so....great job, Tom!!!

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for admitting you lost the argument. The first person to throw insults usually is.

You didn't have any response when I said he shouldn't have been on the field AT ALL that year since he committed a felony.

And eveidently you missed his stats for that game. 165 yards and 2 TD's on 25 carries. He also scored on a pass. So that's 21 of 62 points? Naw....you didn't need him at all. :L

You needed him - if you didn't Tom would have suspended him all year, if not cut him altogether.

Tom had the chance to teach him a lesson and he passed on it to make sure he got his ring.

Meh, it only cost LP his future so....great job, Tom!!!

I didn't lose any argument, I straight up decided that you lacked the intellect to even argue with. I'll open it up the main cfb to decide if 'LP' was the only reason Nebraska won the NC that year. And for the record I called you a dumb ass because you are a dumb ass.