• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Russ being scapegoated this year?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me Sean Payton looks like a god damn fool here

Out here talking about Russ instead of his D

Wilson has a 108 QB rating, 70% comp and 5 TDs to 1 Int this year

He's been fine. In fact he's been good

Denver is 0-2 because their D yacked up 2 leads

Payton spent all offseason blaming last years coach for the Broncos struggles when Wilson actually was bad last year with Hackett

He should be looking in the mirror right now instead of trying to take the easy way out and lying to DEN fans who already hates Wilson by taking them is Russ that's the issue this year when he's clearly not

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payton playing the long game.

They gave up picks to get him so he knows he has a long leash.

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 14 seasons with HOFer Drew Brees as his QB, Payton had 4 losing seasons, a 8-8 season and just one super bowl appearance.

The SB season was of course later marred by bountygate. Not technically cheating but it put a big asterisk next to it.

He undeniably maintained a winning record as HC in New Orleans and when he retired a season after Drew Brees quit football, I thought he was playing it smart, unlike BB in New England who soils his legacy with each season minus Brady.

But really what choice does Denver have but to stick with the guy for awhile? He's the most credible football guy they've had in the building since Manning retired.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They gave up better picks to get Russ. If it comes to a power play between them. The head coach rarely wins.

That being said, this is very early to be making any kind of intelligent judgement about them and how they will do. I personally can't stand either of them, Russell is selfish and toxic and Payton is an arrogant, obnoxious, jerk (Not to mention he had to injure players with Bounties to get over the top.) So if this goes badly, it's a win-win.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't really give Russ a total pass but Payton has to shoulder the blame as well and all his yapping is a bad look from a HC. In the first half, they were balanced and making plays and looked really good. The 3rd qtr was awful though. Russ was throwing balls up for grabs all over the place and was just lucky that it wasn't worse. They got lucky on the Hail Mary and granted, the missed call on the 2 pt conv sucked but maybe it was just the football gods retribution for the "Fail Mary". One thing for sure is that the so-called elite defense looked awful. I give Wash credit though. Sam Howell looked pretty damn good out there.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Payton spent all offseason blaming last years coach for the Broncos struggles when Wilson actually was bad last year with Hackett

He should be looking in the mirror right now instead of trying to take the easy way out and lying to DEN fans who already hates Wilson by taking them is Russ that's the issue this year when he's clearly not
Wilson on the 2 yard line and can't get the conversion to tie the game ....yea, blame that on the defense.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They both have really long leashes.

Its only been two games, though. Wilson is paid to be the leader and the Broncos lost. The initial thoughts on their roster is that their front 7 on D isnt as good as you usually see out of Denver. The rest of the roster looks good, tbh. So I do think there should be pressure on both Wilson and Payton to at least be a .500 team.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just based on fan reaction, I don’t see much complaining about Russ this year. There’s a lot more worry about Vance Joseph’s porous defense.

Offense is scoring near 3 points per possession and defense is giving up over 3 points per possession. The O is doing their job. Russ is getting it done so far…

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just based on fan reaction, I don’t see much complaining about Russ this year. There’s a lot more worry about Vance Joseph’s porous defense.

Offense is scoring near 3 points per possession and defense is giving up over 3 points per possession. The O is doing their job. Russ is getting it done so far…
I agree. From what I've read from Denver fans, that defense is where their biggest problem has been. Russ hasn't been great, but he's been good enough.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. From what I've read from Denver fans, that defense is where their biggest problem has been. Russ hasn't been great, but he's been good enough.
Yeah, Russ has been about the middle of the pack... He wasn't that good though in the last half of that game after being up 21-3... 7 sacks in that game... Too many... Hail Mary pass was lucky even though it still hit's his stat line in a positive way...

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Psyton and Wilson turning the Broncos into a rodeo clown show.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he just ain't the solution. Most people knew that though. I will say anyone blindly believing this was going to be an instant turn-around looks rather silly. I doubt they'll be awful, but they definitely aren't good either.

8-9 energy.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I generally see Wilson as a good guy. He's a declining player with flaws, but generally a good guy. Payton, not so much.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I generally see Wilson as a good guy. He's a declining player with flaws, but generally a good guy. Payton, not so much.
Yeah, pretty much. The only off field issue I have with Russ is his whole PR schtick. It's cringy and lame and is much worse when he isn't doing well on the field. THe whole thing about him getting his own office was kinda fucked up too. Payton is a well documented doosh and an arrogant prick. The team really isn't and wasn't that good to begin with but that quote by Fangio before he left had fans thinking they were only a QB away, which they weren't. What was a very good defense is now trash and they are stuck in a bad situation. I do think Payton has Russ playing better, which I predicted going in but the team overall, isn't better. The rookie WR looks pretty good so we will see how that goes. The rest of the offense is pretty average. Some talent but no real superstar and an average (at best) Oline. They will be around .500 which means their going to neither be a play-off team nor have any high draft picks.

Ksfnslayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Russ has played very much back on track this year. While the D has let the bottom fall out totally! They flip-flopped from last year and shows the coaching change up differences. Wow

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Massive front office gaffe, and Wilson will be the scapegoat.

NFL teams giving up 56 points in 3 quarters has never been heard of before. The roster is awful, the OL is awful. And obviously the defense is a complete joke.

Here is the Donkeys last 10 1st round draft picks.

1695584939065.png

And they gave away Chubb.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Massive front office gaffe, and Wilson will be the scapegoat.

NFL teams giving up 56 points in 3 quarters has never been heard of before. The roster is awful, the OL is awful. And obviously the defense is a complete joke.

Here is the Donkeys last 10 1st round draft picks.

View attachment 341345

And they gave away Chubb.
I am a fan of this as a KC guy, tbh.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lol'd looking at this, tbh:

Those last three first rounders and Mahomes tho

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-24 at 2.54.11 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-24 at 2.54.11 PM.png
    144.6 KB · Views: 9

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
70 points holy crap this is one's going into the books. Sorry Broncos fans.