• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is this Manziel's last year?

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would probably work well with my Philly Eagles. (irony for my fandom)

Kelly is just biding time with (Vick/Foles) until his first draft and he gets a guy for the system.

I don't think Philly will have a shot at Marcus Mariota, but Manziel would still be around later.

All the Eagles need is someone who can run around enough and buy time for the speedsters.

Superspeedsters like Maclin (when back), Jackson, and McCoy would be scary if a guy like JFF can buy them an extra .5 seconds to break free.

Kinda like what Keenum did

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't heard how Manziel is dealing with that injury. IMO, no way should his coach let him return not knowing the extent of the injury or the potential for further and possibly permanent damage. IMO, Manziel goes pro as he has nothing further to prove and needs to play for a team that has decent protection. Manziel is a one man gang who is too competitive for his own good. As stated, losing Evans will be a huge loss as that guy might just be the best receiver in College Football. IMO, Manziel will make a great pro quarterback and just might be the 1st quarterback taken. Reminds me of Fran Tarkinton and Joe Montana; both excellent pros.

Evans hopefully won't be that huge of a lost since A&M still has Kennedy and Ricky Seals Jones who had to take a medical red shirt this year following an injury against Sam Houston.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love JF...IN college that is-great player so far, but the speed of OLB, S, CB and DE in NFL is a whole different beast. Hope the kid enjoys college NOW, cuz he aint gonna feast on the NFL, EVER if he thinks scrambling around the pocket side slingin passes is gonna work else where after College Station!

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love JF...IN college that is-great player so far, but the speed of OLB, S, CB and DE in NFL is a whole different beast. Hope the kid enjoys college NOW, cuz he aint gonna feast on the NFL, EVER if he thinks scrambling around the pocket side slingin passes is gonna work else where after College Station!

Well if he can go to a team that can give him enough time in the pocket he won't need to run alot.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Manziel will be a first round pick. It's not JUST the Heismann - his style of play translates to what is popular in the NFL right now. Kapernick in SF, RGIII in Washington and Wilson in Seattle all have that same style. Kid has a cannon for an arm.

My personal opinion is that Jerry Jones is going to work like hell on draft day to get him. All the pluses Tony Romo has but he's younger, faster, and cheaper. If nothing else it would be one hell of a PR move.

Rather Be Fishin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JF won't be a first round pick. Short QB's don't normally go in the first round and this is no exception.

I'm pretty sure the next Cowboys QB will be a large, stand in the pocket type of QB.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Manziel will be a first round pick. It's not JUST the Heismann - his style of play translates to what is popular in the NFL right now. Kapernick in SF, RGIII in Washington and Wilson in Seattle all have that same style. Kid has a cannon for an arm.

My personal opinion is that Jerry Jones is going to work like hell on draft day to get him. All the pluses Tony Romo has but he's younger, faster, and cheaper. If nothing else it would be one hell of a PR move.

Dude, just stop. He won't be a first rounder outside of your dreams. He may be a high second rounder.....but he has holes in his game that do NOT translate well to the NFL.

Unless he has a monster combine his measurables and those toss up lollipop passes he throws downfield will scare GMs off.

There are a LOT of reasons he has a 3rd round grade RIGHT NOW. There are more pro ready QBs in this draft as well. At this point I don't think he's a top 3 drafted QB, but he's likely top 5.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evans hopefully won't be that huge of a lost since A&M still has Kennedy and Ricky Seals Jones who had to take a medical red shirt this year following an injury against Sam Houston.

I don't know about RSJ. When he injured his knee his Sr year in high school, a lot of schools backed off, mainly Texas. He then injures his knee again and is lost for the year once more. Not sure if RSJ will live up to the hype b/c of that knee....

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Evans is a freak. He has been one of the best players in the country. He can not be replaced. Maybe RSJ can mitigate the lose, but he wont replace him. Its unlikely RSJ will be completely healed by next yr. Bigger factor, I believe, is that the JFF will lose 4 NFL OL in the last 2 yrs (counting this yrs draft).

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends upon where he goes to be honest.

If he's drafted by the Giants, yeah - he'll hold a clip board.

But when you look at the success at running QB's like RGIII, Kap and that guy in Seattle it would be hard to have a talent like him holding a clip board if the guy playing QB isn't as good. Yeah?

Wilson is the best of the bunch and it isn't even close.

JFF has talent, but I don't know how well it translates to the NFL. He gets away with a ton of just throwing jump balls right now and his scrambling won't be 1/2 as effective in the NFL.

It will boil down to his work ethic and how well he can study defenses...both of which are reflective of maturity level which is a major question mark with Manziel.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Evans is a freak. He has been one of the best players in the country. He can not be replaced. Maybe RSJ can mitigate the lose, but he wont replace him. Its unlikely RSJ will be completely healed by next yr. Bigger factor, I believe, is that the JFF will lose 4 NFL OL in the last 2 yrs (counting this yrs draft).

Agree. Evans is the best NFL prospect on that team IMO.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is the best of the bunch and it isn't even close.

JFF has talent, but I don't know how well it translates to the NFL. He gets away with a ton of just throwing jump balls right now and his scrambling won't be 1/2 as effective in the NFL.

It will boil down to his work ethic and how well he can study defenses...both of which are reflective of maturity level which is a major question mark with Manziel.

For a while he'll be able to use his legs if he misreads a defense and just scramble out of it. That wont work for more than a year or so and he'll have to make the jump the rest of them are to being a traditional pocket passer that can create on the run now and then.

Still...his arm strength and running ability should have him going in the first round.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a while he'll be able to use his legs if he misreads a defense and just scramble out of it. That wont work for more than a year or so and he'll have to make the jump the rest of them are to being a traditional pocket passer that can create on the run now and then.

Still...his arm strength and running ability should have him going in the first round.

He will probably be a 1st rounder. Don't think he will go top 5 or anything, but I also don't think staying at aTm will do anything for his draft stock either.

He is a complete wildcard IMO. No idea how exactly he will pan out.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Evans is the best NFL prospect on that team IMO.
-

Matthews is probably the best prospect. Evans right behind him, though with a good 40 time at the combien that could flip.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hundley, Mariota, Murray and possibly McCarron will get drafted ahead of JFF.

That's reality. It's also no knock on JFF. That's why it's highly unlikely he's a first rounder.

That said, all it takes is ONE GM to fall in love with the guy.....

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess he is gone and I have a funny feeling never to be heard from again in the NFL as a quarterback. Lots of talent, but for some reason he just seems to think he is bigger than Texas ATM football. Sometimes I even get the feeling he thinks he's bigger than college football period. It's only a matter of time before you thinks he's bigger than the NFL. With that attitude, he won't last long. His biggest advantage is his legs. Unfortunately, that won't get you very far in the NFL. Ask Vince Young.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thiJohnny was recruited by Tom Rossley and Mike Sherman former NFL Coaches

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this Manziel's last year?

If he doesn't learn to slide, he may not make it to the end of the year.

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, no.

He was sat down for 4 games as I recall.

And no, you wouldn't have gone undefeated without him. If you could have, you would have. Tom brought him back because he needed him. He was brought back for the Iowa game. Remember?

I was LIVING in Lincoln, NE at the time.

And he started in the national championship game.

Tom's coddling of Phillips meant that Phillips didn't learn his lesson. So he went to the NFL and got into trouble there with the Rams. Then the 'Fins.

In 2005 he was arrested for driving a car into three people while he was already wanted by the cops for choking his GF until she blacked out.

On October 10, 2006, Phillips, was found guilty of seven counts of assault with a deadly weapon. On October 3, 2008, Phillips was sentenced to 10 years in a California state prison. While serving that sentence, Philips was convicted in August 2009 for the assault on his then-girlfriend on seven counts, including assault with great bodily injury; false imprisonment; making a criminal threat; and auto theft. For the latter conviction, Phillips faced 25 years in prison when he was sentenced in November 2009.[11]

On December 18, 2009, Phillips was sentenced to 25 years in prison on the 2009 convictions, to run consecutive to the 2008 sentence (which was reduced to just under 7 years), for a term of more than 31 years.[12] Phillips, California Department of Corrections# G31982, was admitted to the CDCR on October 16, 2008. Currently[when?], Phillips is incarcerated at Kern Valley State Prison.[13] Under California law, since his crimes harmed other persons he must serve at least 85 percent of his sentence before being eligible for time off with good behavior. He will not be eligible for release until he serves 26 years—when he will be 57 years old

Lawrence Phillips - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One has to wonder how much of that would, or wouldn't have happened, if Tom had suspended him for the entire year or kicked him off the team altogether.

It's fair to say whatever lesson he was supposed to learn, he didn't learn it. Part of that is on Osbourne who said at the time, "The best way to discipline him is on the team". And the fact that it helped Tom win ball games and a national championship made Tom no never mind at all. Right?

Normally I try to be polite but are you really that stupid?

95 Nebraska is widely considered the best team to ever be fielded.
The offensive line allowed 0 sacks all year
Tommie Frazier was our QB behind that monster line
Ahman Green was our back up RB
Nobody played us close that year we beat 4 top 10 teams with an average score of 49-18.

Yeah we sure needed Phillips to win that Colorado game:doh: We only won 44-21 in Boulder and the game wasn't even remotely close. However according to your retarded logic LP was the only reason we won that game:clap: Dumbass.

Edit- You said Iowa, in which we didn't even play Iowa in 95...If you meant Iowa State, yes we needed LP to beat Iowa State 73-14.

Also, if memory serves me right I don't even think LP played in one of those games :rollseyes:

Last edited by a moderator: