• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is there anything worse than being a Suns fan?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was also common assumption Detroit would beat the Cavs.
Kid, watch highlights of the 7 seconds or less Suns era and objectively tell me if the Cavs would have a chance.

The entire modern NBA offense is based on that Nash-Amar’e-Marion-D’Antoni Suns era. Today’s Warriors used that blueprint and perfected it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kid, watch highlights of the 7 seconds or less Suns era and objectively tell me if the Cavs would have a chance.

The entire modern NBA offense is based on that Nash-Amar’e-Marion-D’Antoni Suns era. Today’s Warriors used that blueprint and perfected it.
Uh, Grandpa? I didn't think the cavs had any hope of beating Detroit either. But they did (while the Suns couldn't make it that far).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anymore, right? Clearly the Cavs were gifted a few...
I don't see it. Not sure why the NBA would rig a lottery for the Cavs. And why NY would go 35 years without winning one.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it. Not sure why the NBA would rig a lottery for the Cavs. And why NY would go 35 years without winning one.

35? Are you projecting results for the next few seasons? Their drought is due to getting gifted with Ewing. :trash:

For some reason, Gilbert had some pull with Stern. 3 out of 4 years getting the #1 after losing Lebron, plus getting Stern to void the CP3 trade to the Lakers.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, Grandpa? I didn't think the cavs had any hope of beating Detroit either. But they did (while the Suns couldn't make it that far).
We got screwed. Literal corruption occurred.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
35? Are you projecting results for the next few seasons? Their drought is due to getting gifted with Ewing. :trash:
Didn't they last win in 85? Not exactly 35, but damn close.

If it was rigged would think they could have given top picks to someone besides Seattle and Portland in the Oden/Durant draft and NO for Davis.

And they owe us one for the Bennett debacle.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He pleaded guilty and served a year in prison for tampering with NBA games. It’s pretty cut and dry.
Ok. Doesn't mean he knows anything about a specific game you seem to still be crying about in which he was not involved.

did you even read the article that allegedly proves this for you? Nothing concrete.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. Doesn't mean he knows anything about a specific game you seem to still be crying about in which he was not involved.
Idk why you’re so adement on defending the Cavs honor for a season in which they got swept in Lebrons first ever finals. It’s not like I’m personally criticizing the Cavs. The top 5 west seeds would’ve probably beat Cleveland that season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk why you’re so adement on defending the Cavs honor for a season in which they got swept in Lebrons first ever finals. It’s not like I’m personally criticizing the Cavs. The top 5 west seeds would’ve probably beat Cleveland that season.
Wouldn't say I'm adamant about it. I lived in Phoenix a few years and became a Suns' fan.

Was cheering for the Suns in their series as a fan and also knowing they probably gave the Cavs their best chance for a title if they got there. The fact defense was a rumor to them and the Cavs were a solid defensive team and could maybe slow them down - in addition to them not having the Finals' experience of the Spurs - made me think they were the best matchup for the Cavs. would they have won? Who knows, but I think Detroit might have had their way with that Suns' team.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair to mention 96-98 in this topic, as what's worse than losing a team? Especially when, as fans, you did nothing to warrant them leaving?

That weasely bastard Modell got pissed when the city built the Tribe & Cavs new places & he was unwilling to wait for his.

It could have been worse though. At least he didn't move the team in the middle of night like the Irsay's did w/ the Colts.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That weasely bastard Modell got pissed when the city built the Tribe & Cavs new places & he was unwilling to wait for his.

It could have been worse though. At least he didn't move the team in the middle of night like the Irsay's did w/ the Colts.
It's even worse than that, wamu. In fact, Modell kept telling the city he'd "wait his turn", "he'll never move" and that he didn't need a new stadium (refurbished was fine). Why? He had been planning for years to move to Bmore as he knew that was where he could get the sweetheart deal he received. He voted against BMore for expansion.

Even with a sweetheart deal he still was one of the only people on Earth who could not make a go of it in the NFL with teams who sold out nearly every game.

SideSwipe52

The Franchise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 76ers fan, before they started winning. "The Process"!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's even worse than that, wamu. In fact, Modell kept telling the city he'd "wait his turn", "he'll never move" and that he didn't need a new stadium (refurbished was fine). Why? He had been planning for years to move to Bmore as he knew that was where he could get the sweetheart deal he received. He voted against BMore for expansion.

Even with a sweetheart deal he still was one of the only people on Earth who could not make a go of it in the NFL with teams who sold out nearly every game.

Modell's legacy is truly 1 of failure. It was bad enough that his ego got in the way & he fired Paul Brown. And I'm very pleased he didn't get into the HOF while he was still around.

And having a hand in getting Monday Night football going was probably his crowning acheivement as Browns owner. And that's not worthy of the HOF anyway.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously. They are 13-72 in their last 85 games. THIRTEEN AND SEVENTY TWO!!!!

It's horrid basketball to watch 98.7 percent of the time, and when they have an occasional competitive game they blow it one way or another or just lose at the buzzer. Same old.

THEY HAVE TALENT, but a toxic losing environment has taken over and they truly have no clue how to win games. I don't think this team will ever succeed under Sarver who constantly hires puppets and meddles with basketball operations. Wish he was more like Cuban or Balmer and just hired the best and stayed the fuck out of the way. Paging David Griffin... come back to PHX please.

Hi there, Knicks fan here. Yes, yes there is.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't they last win in 85? Not exactly 35, but damn close.

If it was rigged would think they could have given top picks to someone besides Seattle and Portland in the Oden/Durant draft and NO for Davis.

And they owe us one for the Bennett debacle.

For your own poor choice? Sorry, no. There was plenty of talent in that draft, your team just didn't see it (Oladipo, McCollum, Giannis, Adams, Gobert, etc. If anything, the Cavs should lose the opportunity to ever draft #1 again for making such a terrible pick.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For your own poor choice? Sorry, no. There was plenty of talent in that draft, your team just didn't see it (Oladipo, McCollum, Giannis, Adams, Gobert, etc. If anything, the Cavs should lose the opportunity to ever draft #1 again for making such a terrible pick.
There was no one close to being worthy of a #1 pick that year. some of the guys you mentioned were taken well beyond the top 10 and they were gonna take them at 1?

Pick was awful, but I get it. It's great you can use hindsight, but the real options at the time were probably Porter, McClemore or maybe Oladipo if not Bennett. Pretty sure they were locking in on Lebron so Porter wouldn't make a lot of sense. They had Kyrie and Waiters so I get passing on Oladipo and McClemore has been nothing special. They figured take the guy with the most upside.....and he was moved in the Love deal.

Should Philly lose their rights to pick #1 again after taking Fultz and passing on Tatum?

Never mind I said that tongue-in-cheek.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers fan for the last decade