• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is there anything worse than being a Suns fan?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Building through the draft is still the best way to build a championship team.

Sometimes you whiff. Sometimes you whiff year after year, but eventually you pick correct.
It has always been more effective than free agency.

Look at the last 5 title teams for examples:

Golden State DRAFTED Steph, Klay, and Draymond.
Cleveland DRAFTED Lebron** and Kyrie.
San Antonio DRAFTED Timmy, Kawhi, Manu, and Tony.

Even the free agent driven title teams already had at least one homegrown drafted superstar (Miami, Dallas, Lakers).

Agreed with the caveat that in this era of guys teaming up, you need to draft right and then likely add one piece as an FA or trade to get you over the top. The guys the Ws drafted won a title, but without KD I doubt they would have won any more.

Heat drafted Wade, signed LeBron and Bosh. Cavs traded for Love. Etc.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sometimes you whiff. Sometimes you whiff year after year, but eventually you pick correct.

Even the free agent driven title teams already had at least one homegrown drafted superstar (Miami, Dallas, Lakers).

Winner winner chicken dinner lol

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With the Lakers, those "homegrown drafted superstars" were obtained via draft pick trade, so it's kind of a grey area. Until this post-Kobe era, the Lakers rarely bottomed out to draft early enough on their own.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Lakers, those "homegrown drafted superstars" were obtained via draft pick trade, so it's kind of a grey area. Until this post-Kobe era, the Lakers rarely bottomed out to draft early enough on their own.

The point still stands though.

I have heard some say that building through the draft doesn't always work as an argument against tanking.

Of course It is true that building through draft doesn't always work. But sometimes it does.

You know what almost never works for non FA destination market teams?

Building trough FA and trade without some homegrown draft talent first.

Interestingly, the '04 Pistons are the only team in the modern era to win without a superstar, and also the only team I can recall even making a Finals without at least 1 homegrown star.

xXTrellXx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously. They are 13-72 in their last 85 games. THIRTEEN AND SEVENTY TWO!!!!

It's horrid basketball to watch 98.7 percent of the time, and when they have an occasional competitive game they blow it one way or another or just lose at the buzzer. Same old.

THEY HAVE TALENT, but a toxic losing environment has taken over and they truly have no clue how to win games. I don't think this team will ever succeed under Sarver who constantly hires puppets and meddles with basketball operations. Wish he was more like Cuban or Balmer and just hired the best and stayed the fuck out of the way. Paging David Griffin... come back to PHX please.
The Suns are so trash, it's to the point fans were trying to boycott them out of Talking Stick Resort Arena:dhd:

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Currently yes there is. The Suns have the best shot to get the #1 pick in the draft, so you have hope.
The Pacers have zero hope of landing a top 4 player in the league. They just win enough to make the playoffs every year. The ceiling is the Eastern Conference Finals. The Floor is the 6th or 7th seed and a first round exit. Been happening for 20 years or more with no end in sight. At least with the Suns, there is hope.

If you truly believe that the Suns are a better-equipped basketball franchise than the Pacers, then frankly you have reached a new level of stupid.

Having the #1 pick don't mean jack if you don't have a stable management team or culture to surround him with. I called this at the time they won the draft lottery last spring, and continue to prove my point with their play this season.

There's only one LeBron James, buddy.

As it stands anyway, the teams that are tanking for that "maybe" prize through the draft are 99.99% more likely to land the next Jabari Parker or Jahlil Okafor than the are the next LeBron James.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's horrid basketball to watch 98.7 percent of the time, and when they have an occasional competitive game they blow it one way or another or just lose at the buzzer. Same old.

THEY HAVE TALENT, but a toxic losing environment has taken over and they truly have no clue how to win games. I don't think this team will ever succeed under Sarver who constantly hires puppets and meddles with basketball operations. Wish he was more like Cuban or Balmer and just hired the best and stayed the fuck out of the way. Paging David Griffin... come back to PHX please.

Going to see you guys play next month on the 13th against the Jazz. Gotta spend some time with the fam, and not only that I also worry that any given time is going to be the best it's going to get with the Robert Sarver franchise. If nothing else, I'll get the opportunity to show my mom what a poorly operated basketball organization looks like.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you truly believe that the Suns are a better-equipped basketball franchise than the Pacers, then frankly you have reached a new level of stupid.

Having the #1 pick don't mean jack if you don't have a stable management team or culture to surround him with. I called this at the time they won the draft lottery last spring, and continue to prove my point with their play this season.

As it stands anyway, the teams that are tanking for that "maybe" prize through the draft are 99.99% more likely to land the next Jabari Parker or Jahlil Okafor than the are the next LeBron James.
If the Suns get Zion, there chances of winning a title before the Pacers is huge.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Being a Knicks fan?

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Suns have the best chance to get Zion. If i could take what the Pacers have now or Zion, I would take Zion.
The Suns have true hope. The pacers know that they will be a top 6 team in the league but will never win a championship.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being the Suns Head Coach would have to be worse then being a fan

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Suns have the best chance to get Zion. If i could take what the Pacers have now or Zion, I would take Zion.
The Suns have true hope. The pacers know that they will be a top 6 team in the league but will never win a championship.

From Woj of ESPN back in February:

This is an organization that is in a spiral in almost every way,

"It is a concern for the NBA. Owner Robert Sarver has not seemed to learn a lot of lessons throughout the years about his management style, his hands-on nature and his ability to put an infrastructure in place and allow it to build an organization."

Suns Begin Interviewing Candidates For GM Job

But, no. According to the dynamite genius logic of @Myles , it is the Suns that are the better-equipped franchise simply because they might land Zion who might be the next Blake Griffin.

Good job.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Woj of ESPN back in February:

This is an organization that is in a spiral in almost every way,

"It is a concern for the NBA. Owner Robert Sarver has not seemed to learn a lot of lessons throughout the years about his management style, his hands-on nature and his ability to put an infrastructure in place and allow it to build an organization."

Suns Begin Interviewing Candidates For GM Job

But, no. According to the dynamite genius logic of @Myles , it is the Suns that are the better-equipped franchise simply because they might land Zion who might be the next Blake Griffin.

Good job.
You can't win a championship in the NBA without a top 5 pick talent on the roster. The Suns are going to get on in the draft this year, so they should have hope.