• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is there anything worse than being a Suns fan?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon Sixers fans, join in! TRUST THE PROCESS.

Get all the top lottery picks you can, THEN change the GM and build the team up with vets to surround those kids.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State Warriors fan

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Get all the top lottery picks you can, THEN change the GM and build the team up with vets to surround those kids.

If the Sixers never win a title with Embiid/Simmons, did the process really work?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Sixers never win a title with Embiid/Simmons, did the process really work?
its a good question.

I would say "yes" just because its so hard to win a title in the NBA.

Think of how many teams have won titles in the NBA over the last 30 years.

You have your outliers like the Cavs, and Mavs who each got one---- but a vast majority of the titles are taken up by a small handful of teams.

I think the NBA is by far the hardest league to win a title in.

if they make a couple Finals and are a great team and always in or around the ECF I think that makes a case for it being a "success", but you of course ideally want to finish it off.

I mean- as much as i hope the Sixers or Bucks or Raptors win a title sometime in the next 5 years i would put the over under on all of them at 0.5 (combined).

even on the other side- the Nuggets, Rockets, Thunder- in the next 5 years how likely is it that just one of those teams win a title? i would say not very likely.

Thats 6 of the top 10 teams in the league and i dont think any of them have very realistic championship shots---its kind of a bummer

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i think the suns have changed the GM A a few times- and then for some odd reason hired James Jones- which makes so very little sense to me.

team is chalk full of assets and good young players just no leadership

The Cavs always said there are 2 steps to a rebuild, (i) Asset Acquisition Mode, and (ii) Making the Pieces Fit.

The Suns have done a great job at acquiring assets- but have not been able to take that next step into actually molding the talent into a coherent team

that will take trades and free agent signings to fill holes with vets tht know how to win. They just have not done that efficiently

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a good question.

I would say "yes" just because its so hard to win a title in the NBA.

Think of how many teams have won titles in the NBA over the last 30 years.

You have your outliers like the Cavs, and Mavs who each got one---- but a vast majority of the titles are taken up by a small handful of teams.

I think the NBA is by far the hardest league to win a title in.

if they make a couple Finals and are a great team and always in or around the ECF I think that makes a case for it being a "success", but you of course ideally want to finish it off.

I mean- as much as i hope the Sixers or Bucks or Raptors win a title sometime in the next 5 years i would put the over under on all of them at 0.5 (combined).

even on the other side- the Nuggets, Rockets, Thunder- in the next 5 years how likely is it that just one of those teams win a title? i would say not very likely.

Thats 6 of the top 10 teams in the league and i dont think any of them have very realistic championship shots---its kind of a bummer

I would say no. Simply because the tanking was to get high draft picks and turn into a contender. If I'm tanking for so many years then I want to win a title with some of those players I tanked hard for.

Sixers winning a title let's say in 2028 for example with those guys on other teams IMO would mean the process did not work as well as they wished.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can't blame a process if there is a dominant team in place. The process got them back into home court in the playoffs range already and they are still very young. Missing on a few high draft picks did really hurt though.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say no. Simply because the tanking was to get high draft picks and turn into a contender. If I'm tanking for so many years then I want to win a title with some of those players I tanked hard for.

Sixers winning a title let's say in 2028 for example with those guys on other teams IMO would mean the process did not work as well as they wished.
I dunno

I think you can do everything right and still not win a title in the NBA- say just like right now- if the Sixers made every right move and built an amazing team- it still guarantees them nothing when fate puts them against an all time great team like the Warriors.

I think, already, the Process was worth it.

The Sixers are set up to have a ton of fun playoff basketball and to be favorites to get to the ECF for years and years to come and will have a shot at Finals and maybe even to win one or two.

I take that every time over trying to muddle through and get the 7 seed and getting your ass kicked.

At some point every team has to take a step back and try and find a star by clearing cap room or getting a good draft pick. They took a lot longer than most to do it, but they have pretty much guaranteed themsvles a long, fun, succesful run.

Doing it any other way and the results could be very very mediocre- and likely you top out at something like Indiana,- an Eastern Conference Finals dark horse.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't blame a process if there is a dominant team in place. The process got them back into home court in the playoffs range already and they are still very young. Missing on a few high draft picks did really hurt though.

Yep. They missed on a lot of draft picks. They're lucky Embiid and Simmons both turned out to be top 15 players. If Simmons ever develop a juumpshot then he automatically becomes top 5 IMO

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and when the Sixers started "the Process" the cupboard was absolutely empty

they had nothing---- if they tried to muddle through with a bunch of medicore free agent signings, and tried to develop late lotto picks, they would be where the Heat is right now- an expensive team with no stars, and very little high level talent tht really has no way to grow.

Instead thy are pretty much guaranteed at least a half decade worth of fun playoff runs where they should definitely get passed the first round and contend and give their fans real hope.

Teams like the Hornets and Heat have no real hope- and while they have not gotten really bad- they have very very little chance of getting really good and actually competing

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. They missed on a lot of draft picks. They're lucky Embiid and Simmons both turned out to be top 15 players. If Simmons ever develop a juumpshot then he automatically becomes top 5 IMO

Top 5 is a BIG jump. Does that really put him in the company of Lebron, Durant, Curry, Giannis, AD, and Harden?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 5 is a BIG jump. Does that really put him in the company of Lebron, Durant, Curry, Giannis, AD, and Harden?

He can do almost everything now. A consistent jump shot and start shooting a respectable low 30's from 3 point range? Yeah he'll be in my top 5.

Already play solid defense

You mentioned Giannis and he still missing a consistent jump shot as well so imagine Simmons with one. They're kinda the same player but I think Giannis is more aggressive on offense.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a Mariner fan and holding the longest streak of not making the playoffs in professional sports.

I understand the frustration of losing especially when we know that the Suns have talent and they are playing below what their expectations they seem to have adopted a culture of losing similar to the browns. Atleast you know that Booker is an all star and Ayton will soon be an all star. there are teams that haven't had a superstar put on their uniforms since I started watching basketball like the Hawks, the magic cant seem to recover the last 10 years since Dwight Howard left, The wolves are supposed to have two stars whom will be asking for max money and they cant seem to win above .500. There are plenty of teams that have issues.

and like someone said as a former sonic fan I would rather have a team that sucks than non at all

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can do almost everything now. A consistent jump shot and start shooting a respectable low 30's from 3 point range? Yeah he'll be in my top 5.

Already play solid defense

You mentioned Giannis and he still missing a consistent jump shot as well so imagine Simmons with one. They're kinda the same player but I think Giannis is more aggressive on offense.

Giannis is much more advanced with his shot and more athletic IMO. I think he has a much higher ceiling.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giannis is much more advanced with his shot and more athletic IMO. I think he has a much higher ceiling.

I agree but what do you think his numbers will be with a jump shot? I can easily see something like 24,9, & 9

He is averaging 17,9, & 8 without any jump shot.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a Mariner fan and holding the longest streak of not making the playoffs in professional sports.

I understand the frustration of losing especially when we know that the Suns have talent and they are playing below what their expectations they seem to have adopted a culture of losing similar to the browns. Atleast you know that Booker is an all star and Ayton will soon be an all star. there are teams that haven't had a superstar put on their uniforms since I started watching basketball like the Hawks, the magic cant seem to recover the last 10 years since Dwight Howard left, The wolves are supposed to have two stars whom will be asking for max money and they cant seem to win above .500. There are plenty of teams that have issues.

and like someone said as a former sonic fan I would rather have a team that sucks than non at all

The Magic haven't shown enough patience. The one year they did pick #2, they took Oladipo but didn't keep him long enough to see him blossom. Dumped Hezonja and Sabonis as well. Hell, Bamba was on the trade block this year already.

The Wolves could be in serious trouble. Towns' extension kicks in next year, so they will have $91M tied up in Wiggins, Towns, Teague (player option) and Dieng alone. Rose won't continue to be cheap, and he'll be a FA. Saric will be up for an extension soon. Covington is another 11-12M per.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but what do you think his numbers will be with a jump shot? I can easily see something like 24,9, & 9

I'm not going to project him having a good jumper before I see him at least not be scared to try them. He shoots less from the perimeter than an old school center.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i dont think they want Simmons to be a 24 pt a game shooter with the rest of the guys they have around him. I highly doubt he ever gets to that level of scoring unless the team is stripped down and he has to do a ton on his own.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to project him having a good jumper before I see him at least not be scared to try them. He shoots less from the perimeter than an old school center.

Ask and you shall receive.